I'm running into some weird sh*t and am looking to see if anyone has ever come across anything like this before.

So I fired up my current build of SF2 last night (or whenever, night before maybe) to create a mission for a recon new bird I just got my grubbies on. I switched my terrain from (stock) Desert to New Zealand (gotta keep an eye on them Kiwis, never know what kind of unabashed reasonableness they'll get up to if you don't!) and...

BAM!!

...most of the aircraft in my drop down menu disappeared. They were there in the menu, then they were gone the second I switched the terrain. Dunno what happened but they're not selectable any more. Everything after in the menu after 'Canberra T4' is no longer available to use. I had a look in the folder where they're located, and everything is there, all accounted for, just not showing up in the game. I exited the game, fired it up again and still nada. This is the menu: (Note: The Mirage IIIOM is a mod of the Atlas Cheetah, the SAAB 21's file name is A-21B And the Su-27/Su-27U are Banditos_Su-27/27U)
img00227.thumb.JPG.c6f7bad378ebdd20a0a85aaa8456a91b.JPG

And this is what I had access to previously.

Boobies.thumb.jpg.ddb700bd39bb71adcf7222e36f7239ac.jpg

Everything highlighted is no longer accessible. 77% of them (In deference to my American buddies, in Freedom Units that's 7/9ths😉 ). Now I've copied and pasted some of these highlighted aircraft into a separate install of SF2:NA and they work fine. I've had a quick nose around in the folders and nothing seems amiss. Restarting didn't work (either the game or the machine). I tried moving the files to another folder, fired it up again. And here's where it gets weirder-er. It re-copied folders for the stock aircraft back into the main aircraft folder and they're all working again. Just none of the modded aircraft I've added.

I have had exactly zero problems previously, it was literally when I switched terrains to from Desert to NZ when this occurred and that in itself is weird, because the day before this all went down, I tested the aircraft in both terrains without any problems at all.

Any suggestions that aren't 're-install everything'??

PS: Apologies in advance if anyone spots any aircraft of... dubious origin or any references to MILF pron I may have failed to redact from these screenshots...

Did you remove the NZ terrain and see what happened?

suggestion outside of your current issue

break up your collection. you can have different themed installs based on .... whatever

the end of the world with a "Final Countdown" time loop wouldnt bring that managerie of aircraft in one place at one time.

plus the less per collection the less issues. not saying lose any aircraft, just saying maybe have a collection of 5 sets rather than one huge set

Limited Nations = TRUE on the terrain perhaps??? Obviously, they work as you said to moved them to another mods folder.

Try a different terrain in the original, and see what happens.

oh, and where's the milf p0rn??

Are the missing aircraft outside the Date Range (if there is one) of the terrain? If so, they won't show up. In the terrain's INI file, look for

[AllowedDates]
StartDate= 
EndDate=

Alternatively, you could try culling the number of aircraft you have in that install. It looks like you have about 700 aircraft in your install, which is a lot. The NZ terrain is an old one - maybe it doesn't like such large numbers of alternatives.

18 hours ago, Wrench said:

oh, and where's the milf p0rn??

I agree, screw his problem with the planes...

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2024 at 9:05 PM, SayethWhaaaa said:

references to MILF pron

[Clip] The scene from where the "Ah, I see you're a man of culture as  well." came from. (Arakawa under the Bridge x Bridge)

• Haha 1