Sign in to follow this  
Lacsap

new tiles for Korea MIGAlley from Gepard

new tiles for Korea MIGAlley from Gepard

New tiles for the wonderful Korea_MIGAlley terrain from Gepard, thanks very much for your job !!!

- news tiles 1024x1024 in JPEG

- news files .tod

-somes news textures

-somes modifications to the data file

BE CAREFUL THE FILE "Korea_MIGAlley" from Gepard IS ESSENTIAL !!!!!!!

1/ si vous avez le terrain Korea_MIGAlley de Gepard: a/sauvegarder votre dossier, b/extraire le contenu du zip dans votre dossier Korea_MIGAlley et écraser les fichiers présents par les nouveaux.

1/ If you have the terrain Korea_MIGAlley from Gepard: a/ save your folder b/extract the content of the zip into your folder Korea_MIGAlley, overwrite the files present with the new ones

2/ si vous n'avez pas le terrain Korea_MIGAlley télécharger le ici

2/If you do not have the terrain Korea_MIGAlley download it !! it's great!!! :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wonderful tileset, but I wasn't expecting it to be a standalone terrain with some other material included without permission. I see that swambast's Mosul Dam has been included and that was meant to be exclusive to the IraqWA terrains I released long ago. Nothing wrong on seeing stuff like this being re-used on other terrain mods, but I'd make sure to contact the authors involved next time, as well as including a proper list of credits.

If only the tileset stuff got changed, it would have been best to release the updated tiles and data files alone, just like many other tileset mods made in the past by the likes of Stary and Brain32.

Edited by Menrva

My suggestion, at this point, if for the the Uploader (tm), Lacasp, to remove remove all but the needed "parts" (the tiles, any inis required, TFD & HFD & TODs) and re-upload it. No terrain objects, no lods, extra bits, etc. Especially any 'permission only' items. Unless, of course, permission is obtained from the model/lod builder.

Also, make sure a DETAILED informative readme with step-by-step install instructions are included.

Right now, I'm going to leave it "as is", so this suggestion can be seen

Simply put, for a re-tile, it's NOT necessary (or needed) to upload the entire terrain

thank you

Outstanding new tile set for the MiG Alley terrain! The new larger city tiles with their new corresponding TOD files look great, and the whole countryside with its larger and more detailed tiles is much improved. Great job, thanks :good:

On 18.3.2024 at 9:27 PM, Menrva said:

I see that @swambast's Mosul Dam has been included and that was meant to be exclusive to the IraqWA terrains I released long ago.

This was my fault. Before i released the terrain in 2019 or so, i was curious how the Mosul Dam would look in this terrain. So i included it in the terrain and afterwards i have simply forgotten to replace it with the original dam file again. My fault. Sorry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

This was my fault. Before i released the terrain in 2019 or so, i was curious how the Mosul Dam would look in this terrain. So i included it in the terrain and afterwards i have simply forgotten to replace it with the original dam file again. My fault. Sorry.

No problem, I think swambast will understand.

Like Wrench reminded, it is suggested that @Lacsap replaces the uploaded package with one which includes just the tileset files and the updated terrain's data.ini file. No need to repackage your whole terrain with it.