Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Started working on the Polish-Russian War

I'm back to the Polish-Russian war. Finally started working on some new planes - Ansaldo Ballila for the Kosciuszko squadron.

Kosciuszko_1.jpg

Kosciuszko_2.jpg

Kosciuszko_3.jpg

Kosciuszko_4.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Nice to see you back buddy, you have been quiet for a while, the Ballila looks nice.

• Like 1

Looking forward to some Austro-Hungarian Oeffag Albatros for the polish!

• Like 1

My fav modeler is back! With a new toy! A plane must needed:bowdown2:

• Like 2

not to be too dramatic but I'm almost weeping with joy. Thank you so much. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Bad news. My copy of 3DS Max has died and I am not able to resurrect it. So all the 3D models I've done for First Eagles are gone. However, Mue has made an LOD exported for Blender. I'm starting to learn Blender and hopefully I'll be able to make planes for FE again soon.

Mue's exporter only works for FE2. I'm going to have to dust off my copy and get FE2 set up.

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Sad 5

It´s possible to recover most of data from HD crash. I made it twice. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah, a hard drive crash would be easier to recover from. In this case the software itself died. My copy of 3D Studio Max was about 15 years old. It started shutting down unexpectedly, then it started throwing error messages, then it refused to start. Autodesk stopped supporting it years ago, so no help there. I contacted everyone I know and tried everything I could think of, including reinstalling it from scratch. I finally gave up. 

This happened more than a week ago. I am over the bitching phase, and the feeling depressed phase, now I'm in the "Let's carry on from here" phase. I'm making good progress with Blender. The biggest downside is that I lost a huge library of components that I had created - but if I did it once, I can do it again, it's only a matter of time...

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2