On the whole SF2 has been very stable for me, only every crashing once before today.

The particular issues is the 1966 Dhimar campaign; twice now on a recon mission (the first mission), the game has stuttered and crashed mid-flight. Nothing happening , just crashes. If it's the mission itself that's bugged, is there anything I can do to fix it, such as delete a file which will then self-generate on startup?

I should also say I can't find my original installation key for the merged install, I think I deleted the email a year or so back, and I don't want to shell $100 again!

Could be just the mission and think about getting an external hard drive. So far mine has been reliable, but having one and saving stuff is a must for some programs, but I think the mission just may be borked.

3W has a record of you purchase. You should be able to just download it again. I did a few weeks ago, as I couldn't find the All-In-One exe. Didn't have a problem

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

3W has a record of you purchase. You should be able to just download it again. I did a few weeks ago, as I couldn't find the All-In-One exe. Didn't have a problem

I didn't know that. Wish I'd realised before I re-bought VN last year :stars: I've just reset it and have the dls available.

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

Could be just the mission and think about getting an external hard drive. So far mine has been reliable, but having one and saving stuff is a must for some programs, but I think the mission just may be borked.

Yeah maybe. I could just abort it on the runway I guess. Annoying, though.

7 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Yeah maybe. I could just abort it on the runway I guess. Annoying, though.

Yeah, but who knows it may work too. I usually don't play campaigns so I can only do so much and not much I can do to help.

With crash, do you mean crash to desktop or worse?

Do you use a clean installation of the game or do you use mods?

A good way to check the reason for crashes is to use the Windows Event Viewer.
Today I had a crash right after the loading screen, and when I checked, it showed me a path related to nvidia drivers (for amd64, even though I use Intel...who knows why...):

image.thumb.png.3bf7297208d62c2ccf7b8b3dba4f5df6.png

• Like 2

When SF2 crashes, open the crash event report, expand it and look at the module which caused the crash. This may give some input on what caused the crash.

Recently, I had persistent campaign crash in a certain mission, on further examination it was caused by ground_formation.dll or somesuch. So obviously, game didn't like something related to ground unit behavior.

The solution is to start the mission and then exist it, failing but skipping it.

• Like 1