Jump to content

Silberpfeil

ENTHUSIAST
  • Posts

    665
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by Silberpfeil

  1. See below - when I can keep it on target, I think the Lewis variant does a better job than the Hotchkiss, and you should think about removing that spinner to get better cooling of the cylinders!
  2. Trailing was picked off of AvWeb's Flash e-zine this morning: The Naval Air Station at Belle Chase regularly uses New Iberia, LA (KARA) as a refueling stop. I was flying my Piper PA‑32 into KARA to get fuel for myself and contacted the Tower. Tower: “Piper Three Five Eight One Whiskey, enter a left base for Runway 34. You are following two F‑18s on a 15‑mile final.” I saw the jets and could tell that if I kept my current speed I would be close to their jet wash. Me: “Eight One Whiskey, left base for 34, slowing down for the F‑18s.” F‑18 pilot: “In your dreams.”
      • 5
      • Like
      • Haha
  3. Good job, Stephen1918! Finally got this addendum downloaded and installed - everything loaded up neatly and plays well in my dedicated FE2 Galicia2 installation. Some very interesting new and (some) improved eye candy, and appropriate-looking terrain elevation modifications! So busy flying over the new digs and looking around I nearly got shot down due to lack of attention to the bad guys!
  4. Trailing pix from this weekend at CAK on one sunny but cool afternoon in between all the rain! What a mix of aircraft and in almost every condition you can imagine - just about something for everyone. MAPS has taken on restoration of several of the pieces from the now-closed Florida Military Air Museum, and also continues to truck in hulks from private buyers (like the OV-1 Mohawk). Pretty interesting to see if you're in the area!
      • 1
      • Like
  5. See link below for interesting story from Popular Mechanics: https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a23066191/b-52-bombers-fly-until-the-2050s/?src=nl&mag=rdt&list=nl_rdt_news&date=091118
      • 1
      • Like
  6. Nice screenshots and thank you for those, gterl! Von S - Thanks for all your work also, and I read your note on the AI (always one of my areas of interest!) and was curious about the CL.IV's rear gunner. Has this WIP FM been tweaked to further improve the AI defensive fire rates and accuracy?
  7. Good one!
  8. Good catch, Crawford!
  9. Great historical photo (almost looks Photoshopped!), Crawford - never saw that one! Any idea where it was originally taken? And I've been remiss to not add my appreciation to Stephen1918 for his model of this interesting aircraft. Thank you!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..