-
Posts
735 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
63
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Downloads
Store
Everything posted by simonmiller416
-
View File PLA Navy Modern Ships pack(10s-20s) 1.What does this mod have? (1) Surface Part, it contains 3 classes of ships, Type052D, 054A and 055: ① 052D DDG is a class of guided-missile destroyers, displacement 7500 tons ,and is first dedicated multi-role destroyer in PLA also,equip with AESA,BlockIII the stretched variant(aka 052DL) has a flight deck extended by four metres(BlockI 7 ships,BlockII 6 ships,BlockIII 12 ships); ② 054A FFG is a class of guided-missile frigate, displacement 3963 tonnes (full load),has medium-range air defense capability,and enhanced anti-submarine warfare capability;(BlockII 12 ships,BlockIII 10 ships,BlockIV 4 ships) ③ 055 DDG is a class of guided-missile destroyers, displacement 13000 tonnes (full load),rated as cruisers per NATO/OSD standard parlance,equip with AESA ,has a multi- mission design;(8 ships) (2) Weapon Part, it contains a variety of missiles and artillery: ① HHQ-9A/B, long-range surface-to-air missile, operational range 120km(9A)/200km(9B); ② HHQ-10, short-range surface-to-air missile, operational range 0.5km - 9km; ③ HHQ-16A/C, middle-range surface-to-air missile, operational range 40km(16A)/70km(16C); ④ YJ-18, anti-ship cruise missile, from subsonic to supersonic mode, operational range 220–540km; ⑤ H/PJ-45, 130mm naval artillery; ⑥ H/PJ-26, 76mm naval artillery; ⑦ H/PJ-12, 7-barrel 30mm CIWS; ⑧ H/PJ-11, 11-barrel 30mm CIWS; The following are the armaments of the corresponding ships: 052D BlockI: H/PJ-45A, H/PJ-12, HHQ-9A, HHQ-10; 052D BlockII: H/PJ-45A, H/PJ-11, HHQ-9B, YJ-18 ,HHQ-10; 052D BlockIII: H/PJ-45A, H/PJ-11, HHQ-9B, YJ-18 ,HHQ-10; 054A BlockII: H/PJ-26, H/PJ-12, HHQ-16A; 054A BlockIII: H/PJ-26, H/PJ-11, HHQ-16A; 054A BlockIV: H/PJ-26, H/PJ-11, HHQ-16C; 055 BlockI: H/PJ-45A, H/PJ-11, HHQ-9B, YJ-18 ,HHQ-10; (3)All the ships are armed, named and dated correctly,to ensure they are as "historically accurate" as possible; =========================================================================================================== 2.Usage: Unzip and copy Flight and Objects these 2 folder to where your game is installed; =========================================================================================================== 3.Note: (1) I added FLIGHTENGINE.INI into Flight folder,if you already had one, please back up yours in advance,unless you know what it is,if this file is missing, your game would CTD when using this mod; (2) It is possible that updates will continue to be made to make more accurate adjustments to the weapon system in the future; =========================================================================================================== 4.Credits: 1.Ice is silent water (off-site user,for model and texture of 052D and 054A); 2.Mei_Young (off-site user,for model and texture of 055); 3.BF2_pilot (off-site user,for model and texture of HHQ-10,YJ-18); 3.Me (for model of HHQ-9/HHQ-16, AND add a lot of detail objects,do a lots of animation and texture works); Submitter simonmiller416 Submitted 11/11/2024 Category Other
-
Version 1.0.0
166 downloads
1.What does this mod have? (1) Surface Part, it contains 3 classes of ships, Type052D, 054A and 055: ① 052D DDG is a class of guided-missile destroyers, displacement 7500 tons ,and is first dedicated multi-role destroyer in PLA also,equip with AESA,BlockIII the stretched variant(aka 052DL) has a flight deck extended by four metres(BlockI 7 ships,BlockII 6 ships,BlockIII 12 ships); ② 054A FFG is a class of guided-missile frigate, displacement 3963 tonnes (full load),has medium-range air defense capability,and enhanced anti-submarine warfare capability;(BlockII 12 ships,BlockIII 10 ships,BlockIV 4 ships) ③ 055 DDG is a class of guided-missile destroyers, displacement 13000 tonnes (full load),rated as cruisers per NATO/OSD standard parlance,equip with AESA ,has a multi- mission design;(8 ships) (2) Weapon Part, it contains a variety of missiles and artillery: ① HHQ-9A/B, long-range surface-to-air missile, operational range 120km(9A)/200km(9B); ② HHQ-10, short-range surface-to-air missile, operational range 0.5km - 9km; ③ HHQ-16A/C, middle-range surface-to-air missile, operational range 40km(16A)/70km(16C); ④ YJ-18, anti-ship cruise missile, from subsonic to supersonic mode, operational range 220–540km; ⑤ H/PJ-45, 130mm naval artillery; ⑥ H/PJ-26, 76mm naval artillery; ⑦ H/PJ-12, 7-barrel 30mm CIWS; ⑧ H/PJ-11, 11-barrel 30mm CIWS; The following are the armaments of the corresponding ships: 052D BlockI: H/PJ-45A, H/PJ-12, HHQ-9A, HHQ-10; 052D BlockII: H/PJ-45A, H/PJ-11, HHQ-9B, YJ-18 ,HHQ-10; 052D BlockIII: H/PJ-45A, H/PJ-11, HHQ-9B, YJ-18 ,HHQ-10; 054A BlockII: H/PJ-26, H/PJ-12, HHQ-16A; 054A BlockIII: H/PJ-26, H/PJ-11, HHQ-16A; 054A BlockIV: H/PJ-26, H/PJ-11, HHQ-16C; 055 BlockI: H/PJ-45A, H/PJ-11, HHQ-9B, YJ-18 ,HHQ-10; (3)All the ships are armed, named and dated correctly,to ensure they are as "historically accurate" as possible; =========================================================================================================== 2.Usage: Unzip and copy Flight and Objects these 2 folder to where your game is installed; =========================================================================================================== 3.Note: (1) I added FLIGHTENGINE.INI into Flight folder,if you already had one, please back up yours in advance,unless you know what it is,if this file is missing, your game would CTD when using this mod; (2) It is possible that updates will continue to be made to make more accurate adjustments to the weapon system in the future; =========================================================================================================== 4.Credits: 1.Ice is silent water (off-site user,for model and texture of 052D and 054A); 2.Mei_Young (off-site user,for model and texture of 055); 3.BF2_pilot (off-site user,for model and texture of HHQ-10,YJ-18); 3.Me (for model of HHQ-9/HHQ-16, AND add a lot of detail objects,do a lots of animation and texture works); -
-
Need some minor modeling assistance
simonmiller416 replied to simonmiller416's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
Test mod sent, thank you! -
Need some minor modeling assistance
simonmiller416 replied to simonmiller416's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
Oh, I saw some news about USAF F-16's IVEWS in recently months,I think at least some separate modeling is needed, fake pilot things etc. Skin work is not a big deal, I made HAVE Glass V template already. If I can do more about original Viper model would be wonderful. Maybe I will add it to the list but it's long enough. -
Need some minor modeling assistance
simonmiller416 replied to simonmiller416's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
Ah, me again.How are your today? So, I need a few tester ,if you are interested please DM me. Basically this is based on several PLA modern ships. About a year ago, I found that many people involved in the test reported that they would encounter CTD when summoning them. The strange thing is that this never happened in my SF2. This problem has troubled me for nearly a year. I recently had a CTD situation after deleting the Flightengine.ini in the Flight folder for some testing needs, the I put it back, no CTD. I did make some changes to Flightengine.ini for performance optimization. Maybe I caught a rat, but I need more evidence...So if you are interested in participating in this test, please let me know. -
Need some minor modeling assistance
simonmiller416 replied to simonmiller416's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
- 323 replies
-
- 10
-
-
-
AVIC Chengdu J-20 series pack Beta
simonmiller416 commented on simonmiller416's file in J Type Other
-
I won't comment on the "eternal friends" thing here, I think the ridicule itself is not from an objective perspective, but... I don't know, maybe simply pride. Besides Su-57, I can see a lot of discussions about "under electronic warfare conditions, both the J-10 and J-11 can easily destroy the F-22 fleet", etc. To me, this is complete nonsense, but if someone refutes it, they will "become" "traitor". They are not laughing at "friends", but they are just looking down on everyone. We can see that the mysterious east has indeed been advancing at an astonishing speed in the past 10 more years, there are many surprising achievements, she is strong indeed, so much so that a few people have forgotten that objective facts need to be viewed objectively. I mean, many comments are not based on objective facts, but on positions, it's not fair, and most of them are just kids, we don’t need to pay too much attention to them. ======== Again something from Zhuhai too:
-
-
-
Need some minor modeling assistance
simonmiller416 replied to simonmiller416's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
Something pretty new from Zhuhai Airshow 2024,still waiting for more information, I may make one for SF2. It looks like a fold-fins variant which probably would let J-20/35 carry 6 round in their bay(now is 4 with PL-15), but its name conflict with former export type of PL-15. -
View File AVIC Shenyang J-35 Beta Beta Version. In case someone don’t know much about them, J-35 is 5-Gen stealth multirole fighter from the mysterious country in the East too. It is designed for air superiority and strike missions and powered by two medium-thrust turbofan engines the WS-19,and in theory, it has similar situational awareness and collaborative combat capabilities as the J-20.In addition to being an advanced naval tactical fighter, it will also gradually replace the old third and fourth generation fighters in the PLAAF inventory such as the J-10 in the future. On October 29, 2021,carrier-based variant made its maiden flight,air force variant on September 26, 2023. PLAAF Officially revealed the J-35A on November 5, 2024. =========================================================================================================== What does this mod probably have? (1) It contains 1 birds, J-35 ①J-35,Navy type,aircraft carrier based variant with a catapult launch bar and folded wings; (2) Cockpit from J-20s; (3) The Chinese alarm audio generated by AI, of course, fabricated. There are related videos circulating on the Internet that prove the existence of cockpit voice, but we are unable to determine the exact content; =========================================================================================================== 3.Usage: Unzip and copy Sounds, Effects and Objects these 3 folder to where your game is installed; =========================================================================================================== Note: (1) No weapons included. Due to potential maintenance needs, I made a separate PLAAF weapon pack, you need to download it separately, I'm sorry if it causes you any inconvenience; (2) Like the J-20 and F-22,the J-35 uses AESA radar too, I set a higher scanning frequency and strength to avoid the disadvantages of traditional mechanical scanning radar and improve the resistance to old type of ECM; (3) IRL, there is no sign that the J-35 carries a cannon so far,just as J-20,but I still add rumored 4x23 rotary cannon; (4) After referring to the prototype FC-31, I decided to only set 4 stations for the weapons bay, which makes it lack the means to mount SRAAM, so I set station 1 and 2 under the wings as PL-10 stations, which is similar to the F-35, kinda "What If"; (5) At the time this model was made, there weren’t a lot of reference images, so there is a certain degree of “distortion”, and I did what I could when I made the further adjustments; =========================================================================================================== Credits: 1.Ice is silent water (off-site user,I purchased all resources from him); 2.Me (base on orignal resources, add a lot of detail objects,do a lots of animation and texture works); 3.T'Ilacis (off-site user,decals); =========================================================================================================== Special Thanks: 1.JAT81500(For the JHMCS/pilot mod) 2.Crusader(For parts of HUD textures) I'm just standing on the shoulders of giants. Submitter simonmiller416 Submitted 11/08/2024 Category J Type Other
-
Need some minor modeling assistance
simonmiller416 replied to simonmiller416's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
J-20 update has been released and is awaiting approval. It is mainly an iteration of the canard function, which will act as a traditional flap during takeoff/landing and have independent operating logic. J-35 (navy variant) is out too,unfortunately, it has similar small aerodynamic model problems as J-20s, but not obvious most of time. -
If you want a advanced simulation game I would suggest Microsoft Flight Simulator and DCS world series former is for Civil Aviation and later is for Military/Combat. I think you might even come across products that you designed yourself. If you like something relaxing and entertaining but a little sim, Strike Fighters2 is a good choice. There are also extremely rich third-party mod resources on this site. Thank you for your tremendous contribution to the aviation industry over the past two decades.If you don't mind, could you briefly talk about your work? I'm always interested in the experiences of masters like you.
-
Version 0.6.0
299 downloads
Beta Version. In case someone don’t know much about them, J-35 is 5-Gen stealth multirole fighter from the mysterious country in the East too. It is designed for air superiority and strike missions and powered by two medium-thrust turbofan engines the WS-19,and in theory, it has similar situational awareness and collaborative combat capabilities as the J-20.In addition to being an advanced naval tactical fighter, it will also gradually replace the old third and fourth generation fighters in the PLAAF inventory such as the J-10 in the future. On October 29, 2021,carrier-based variant made its maiden flight,air force variant on September 26, 2023. PLAAF Officially revealed the J-35A on November 5, 2024. =========================================================================================================== What does this mod probably have? (1) It contains 1 birds, J-35 ①J-35,Navy type,aircraft carrier based variant with a catapult launch bar and folded wings; (2) Cockpit from J-20s; (3) The Chinese alarm audio generated by AI, of course, fabricated. There are related videos circulating on the Internet that prove the existence of cockpit voice, but we are unable to determine the exact content; =========================================================================================================== 3.Usage: Unzip and copy Sounds, Effects and Objects these 3 folder to where your game is installed; =========================================================================================================== Note: (1) No weapons included. Due to potential maintenance needs, I made a separate PLAAF weapon pack, you need to download it separately, I'm sorry if it causes you any inconvenience; (2) Like the J-20 and F-22,the J-35 uses AESA radar too, I set a higher scanning frequency and strength to avoid the disadvantages of traditional mechanical scanning radar and improve the resistance to old type of ECM; (3) IRL, there is no sign that the J-35 carries a cannon so far,just as J-20,but I still add rumored 4x23 rotary cannon; (4) After referring to the prototype FC-31, I decided to only set 4 stations for the weapons bay, which makes it lack the means to mount SRAAM, so I set station 1 and 2 under the wings as PL-10 stations, which is similar to the F-35, kinda "What If"; (5) At the time this model was made, there weren’t a lot of reference images, so there is a certain degree of “distortion”, and I did what I could when I made the further adjustments; =========================================================================================================== Credits: 1.Ice is silent water (off-site user,I purchased all resources from him); 2.Me (base on orignal resources, add a lot of detail objects,do a lots of animation and texture works); 3.T'Ilacis (off-site user,decals); =========================================================================================================== Special Thanks: 1.JAT81500(For the JHMCS/pilot mod) 2.Crusader(For parts of HUD textures) I'm just standing on the shoulders of giants. -
-
-
AVIC Chengdu J-20 series pack Beta
simonmiller416 replied to simonmiller416's topic in File Announcements
This mod will still be updated in the future, because there are still some "not so accurate" problems. For example, the J-20 does not put down the trailing edge flaps during takeoff and landing, this work is done by the canards, but aerodynamic data makes me headache, so I need time lol. -
Need some minor modeling assistance
simonmiller416 replied to simonmiller416's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
btw download page is half red , kinda scary -
Need some minor modeling assistance
simonmiller416 replied to simonmiller416's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
I do have plan for making some of the early models yes, but for now PL-5B will keep the oldest lol. Relatively speaking, I know more about current period better, that is why mordem sticks are first tier, for the rest, I may need to do more research. Besides, many of the PLAAF's early weapons were imitations, like Magic R.550 → PL-7, Python3 → PL-8, Basically only textures needed to be repainted.Most of them have nice model so we don't have to worry. -
Need some minor modeling assistance
simonmiller416 replied to simonmiller416's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
-
Need some minor modeling assistance
simonmiller416 replied to simonmiller416's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
So well,the remaining problems of J-20 are basically beyond my ability to solve in a short period of time. I still need time to study , so I decided to publish them first. I hope you guys enjoy. -
View File AVIC Chengdu J-20 series pack Beta Beta version,it means not 100% complete, but almost there =========================================================================================================== In case someone don’t know much about them, the J-20 is a 5-gen stealth twin-engine fighter from the mysterious country in the East. The first verification aircraft completed its first test flight in 2011 and entered service with the Chinese PLA Air Force in 2017. It has been used in the past It has undergone numerous major or minor upgrades and improvements in more than ten years, giving it excellent low detectability (stealth capability), omnidirectional situational awareness, powerful radar and breakthrough collaborative combat capabilities. =========================================================================================================== 1.What does this mod probably have? (1) First, it contains 3 advanced birds, J-20, J-20A and J-20S. ① J-20 is the basic single-seat model; ② J-20A is upgrade model with better aerodynamic design and better engine WS-15; ③ J-20S, was first spotted in 2022. Most people speculate that it will serve as a "loyal wingman" command unit; (2) Independent cockpit, but it should be noted that this cockpit is fabricated out of thin air and does not represent the real appearance of the J-20 cockpit. It is only based on vague news videos and simulation cockpit pictures at air shows. ; (3) The Chinese alarm audio generated by AI, of course, fabricated. There are related videos circulating on the Internet that prove the existence of cockpit voice, but we are unable to determine the exact content; =========================================================================================================== 2.Usage: Unzip and copy Sounds, Effects and Objects these 3 folder to where your game is installed; =========================================================================================================== 3.Note: (1) No weapons included. Due to potential maintenance needs, I made a separate PLAAF weapon pack, you need to download it separately, I'm sorry if it causes you any inconvenience; (2) Since the J-20s uses the same AESA radar as F-22, I set a higher scanning frequency and strength to avoid the disadvantages of traditional mechanical scanning radar and improve the resistance to old type of ECM; Of course, based on SF2 game, there is essentially no difference between them, except that the player's operation will be more comfortable; I have performed the same operation on all similar radars of the same era in my own game, and for myself Said they did a good job, but I don't know if that would be a bit IMBA for you guys. (3) IRL, there is no sign that the J-20 carries a cannon, so I did not equip the 20 and 20S models with cannons, Hit and Run! But J-20A, however, for the purpose of gameplay, I added a rumored 4x23 rotary cannon to give the J-20A a "What If" look. Moreover, the current J-20 in reality has no signs of using any air to ground weapons, so I designed it as a pure air superiority fighter and used the avionics module dll of the F14A to enable it to track and attack four targets at the same time, which removes the ability to scan the ground objects, even though EOTS is still available. About J-20A/S, since there is only speculation about how it works, I regard it as a multi-role fighter and hope that it will have complete ground attack capabilities, so the 70s avionics module is used to detect ground targets. =========================================================================================================== 4.Credits: 1.Ice is silent water (off-site user,I purchased all resources from him); 2.Me (base on orignal resources, add a lot of detail objects,do a lots of animation and texture works); 3.T'Ilacis (off-site user,decals); =========================================================================================================== 5.Special Thanks: 1.yakarov79, logan4, Sundowner(Teach me lots of basic modding skill) 2.Wrench (Also gave me hints in the formation lights question, but I especially want to thank him for the extra “modding help”) 3.EricJ,Menrva(Great ideas in my modding process) 4.JAT81500(For the JHMCS/pilot mod) 5.Crusader(For parts of HUD textures) Of course, there are far more than these people. In the knowledge base of the forum, many people's detailed discussions have given me a certain level of foundation for modding through years of ini editing. It can be said that most of the people here have helped me indirectly. If I forgot to mention you who also contributed, please be sure to let me know as soon as possible. In the end, the most in need of thanks is TK, which allows this high-degree-of-freedom game to appear. I'm just standing on the shoulders of giants. Submitter simonmiller416 Submitted 11/06/2024 Category J Type Other
