Jump to content

simonmiller416

MODDER
  • Posts

    735
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    63

Everything posted by simonmiller416

  1. View File PLAAF Weapons Expansion Pack Beta This mod is kind of expansion and update to the SF2 community about PLAAF weapons,to comply with modern generation standards 1.What's included: Air to Air: PL-5B/E/E2 -- IRM (SRAAM,like from early AIM-9 to AIM-9L/M) PL-10 --IRM (SRAAM,like R-74M2/AIM-9X B2) PL-12/A -- AHM (BVRAAM,like R-77/AIM-120C5) PL-15 -- AHM (BVRAAM,like AIM-120D P3) PL-17 -- AHM (BVRAAM/LREW,like R-37M/AIM-174B) Air to Ground/Surface: AKD-20 -- ASM (ALCM,like Tomahawk) AKD-88A -- ASM (ASM,like AGM-84) AKD-88B -- ASM (ASM,like AGM-84) AKF-88C -- ASM (ALCM/ASM,like AGM-84G SLAM-ER) AKF-98A -- ASM (ALCM,like AGM-158C) GB-6 (AT anti-tank/AR anti-runway) -- EOGR (SOW,like JSOW) YJ-1000-1 -- LGB (Bunker Busting,like GBU-28) YJ-91 -- ARM (Anti-Radiation,like AGM-88/KH-31P) YJ-91A -- ASM (ASM,like KH-31A) YJ-12 -- ASM (ASM,like KH-31A but more modern) Devices: K/JDC03A -- LP (Targeting Pod,like AAQ-33 Sniper) KD_Datalink_Pod -- DP (Datalink Pod for KD missiles) 2. Notes: You can see multiple folders ending with name of GX/XL in Weapons folder. They correspond to inert training models, similar to CATM in the US Air Force.To prevent the game system from spawning them in combat missions, I set them to "invisible". You need to call add thier names in Loadout.ini if you need them. 3. Usage: Unzip and copy Objects and Effects folders into the game installation directory; 4.Credits: (1) Sky Train: Original model texture (PL-10/PL-12/PL-15/KD-88 series/GB-6/AKF-98A/YJ-12/KJDC03A); (2) BF2_Pilot: Original model texture (AKD-20); (3) Me: Original model texture (PL-17); (3.5) Me again: Further modeling and data,animation,visual effect modification; 5.Special thanks to: Their program helped me get reasonable weapon range: (1)AcariaPlainum: https://combatace.com/files/file/18280-dzap-missile-launch-simulator-program/ (2)Guest: https://combatace.com/files/file/10592-missile-range-simulator/?tab=reviews Extra Special thanks to the following friends for generously sharing the cost of purchasing the GB-6 model @murmansk @T'Ilacis @CAportingbot @pigboy @Carmen @TuyingShehuyan ======================================== This mod cannot be used for any commercial activities! Submitter simonmiller416 Submitted 11/06/2024 Category Weapon Packs
      • 2
      • Thanks
  2. Version 0.7.0

    383 downloads

    This mod is kind of expansion and update to the SF2 community about PLAAF weapons,to comply with modern generation standards 1.What's included: Air to Air: PL-5B/E/E2 -- IRM (SRAAM,like from early AIM-9 to AIM-9L/M) PL-10 --IRM (SRAAM,like R-74M2/AIM-9X B2) PL-12/A -- AHM (BVRAAM,like R-77/AIM-120C5) PL-15 -- AHM (BVRAAM,like AIM-120D P3) PL-17 -- AHM (BVRAAM/LREW,like R-37M/AIM-174B) Air to Ground/Surface: AKD-20 -- ASM (ALCM,like Tomahawk) AKD-88A -- ASM (ASM,like AGM-84) AKD-88B -- ASM (ASM,like AGM-84) AKF-88C -- ASM (ALCM/ASM,like AGM-84G SLAM-ER) AKF-98A -- ASM (ALCM,like AGM-158C) GB-6 (AT anti-tank/AR anti-runway) -- EOGR (SOW,like JSOW) YJ-1000-1 -- LGB (Bunker Busting,like GBU-28) YJ-91 -- ARM (Anti-Radiation,like AGM-88/KH-31P) YJ-91A -- ASM (ASM,like KH-31A) YJ-12 -- ASM (ASM,like KH-31A but more modern) SD-10 -- ARM (Anti-Radiation,like AGM-88, export only) Devices: K/JDC03A -- LP (Targeting Pod,like AAQ-33 Sniper) KD_Datalink_Pod -- DP (Datalink Pod for KD missiles) 2. Notes: You can see multiple folders ending with name of GX/XL in Weapons folder. They correspond to inert training models, similar to CATM in the US Air Force.To prevent the game system from spawning them in combat missions, I set them to "invisible". You need to call add thier names in Loadout.ini if you need them. 3. Usage: Unzip and copy Objects and Effects folders into the game installation directory; 4.Credits: (1) Sky Train: Original model texture (PL-10/PL-12/PL-15/KD-88 series/GB-6/AKF-98A/YJ-12/KJDC03A); (2) BF2_Pilot: Original model texture (AKD-20); (3) Me: Original model texture (PL-17); (3.5) Me again: Further modeling and data,animation,visual effect modification; 5.Special thanks to: Their program helped me get reasonable weapon range: (1)AcariaPlainum: https://combatace.com/files/file/18280-dzap-missile-launch-simulator-program/ (2)Guest: https://combatace.com/files/file/10592-missile-range-simulator/?tab=reviews Extra Special thanks to the following friends for generously sharing the cost of purchasing the GB-6 model @murmansk @T'Ilacis @CAportingbot @pigboy @Carmen @TuyingShehuyan ======================================== This mod cannot be used for any commercial activities!
  3. Version 0.9.6

    404 downloads

    Beta version,it means not 100% complete, but almost there =========================================================================================================== In case someone don’t know much about them, the J-20 is a 5-gen stealth twin-engine fighter from the mysterious country in the East. The first verification aircraft completed its first test flight in 2011 and entered service with the Chinese PLA Air Force in 2017. It has been used in the past It has undergone numerous major or minor upgrades and improvements in more than ten years, giving it excellent low detectability (stealth capability), omnidirectional situational awareness, powerful radar and breakthrough collaborative combat capabilities. =========================================================================================================== 1.What does this mod probably have? (1) First, it contains 3 advanced birds, J-20, J-20A and J-20S. ① J-20 is the basic single-seat model; ② J-20A is upgrade model with better aerodynamic design and better engine WS-15; ③ J-20S, was first spotted in 2022. Most people speculate that it will serve as a "loyal wingman" command unit; (2) Independent cockpit, but it should be noted that this cockpit is fabricated out of thin air and does not represent the real appearance of the J-20 cockpit. It is only based on vague news videos and simulation cockpit pictures at air shows. ; (3) The Chinese alarm audio generated by AI, of course, fabricated. There are related videos circulating on the Internet that prove the existence of cockpit voice, but we are unable to determine the exact content; =========================================================================================================== 2.Usage: Unzip and copy Sounds, Effects and Objects these 3 folder to where your game is installed; =========================================================================================================== 3.Note: (1) No weapons included. Due to potential maintenance needs, I made a separate PLAAF weapon pack, you need to download it separately, I'm sorry if it causes you any inconvenience; (2) Since the J-20s uses the same AESA radar as F-22, I set a higher scanning frequency and strength to avoid the disadvantages of traditional mechanical scanning radar and improve the resistance to old type of ECM; Of course, based on SF2 game, there is essentially no difference between them, except that the player's operation will be more comfortable; I have performed the same operation on all similar radars of the same era in my own game, and for myself Said they did a good job, but I don't know if that would be a bit IMBA for you guys. (3) IRL, there is no sign that the J-20 carries a cannon, so I did not equip the 20 and 20S models with cannons, Hit and Run! But J-20A, however, for the purpose of gameplay, I added a rumored 4x23 rotary cannon to give the J-20A a "What If" look. Moreover, the current J-20 in reality has no signs of using any air to ground weapons, so I designed it as a pure air superiority fighter and used the avionics module dll of the F14A to enable it to track and attack four targets at the same time, which removes the ability to scan the ground objects, even though EOTS is still available. About J-20A/S, since there is only speculation about how it works, I regard it as a multi-role fighter and hope that it will have complete ground attack capabilities, so the 70s avionics module is used to detect ground targets. =========================================================================================================== 4.Credits: 1.Ice is silent water (off-site user,I purchased all resources from him); 2.Me (base on orignal resources, add a lot of detail objects,do a lots of animation and texture works); 3.T'Ilacis (off-site user,decals); =========================================================================================================== 5.Special Thanks: 1.yakarov79, logan4, Sundowner(Teach me lots of basic modding skill) 2.Wrench (Also gave me hints in the formation lights question, but I especially want to thank him for the extra “modding help”) 3.EricJ,Menrva(Great ideas in my modding process) 4.JAT81500(For the JHMCS/pilot mod) 5.Crusader(For parts of HUD textures) Of course, there are far more than these people. In the knowledge base of the forum, many people's detailed discussions have given me a certain level of foundation for modding through years of ini editing. It can be said that most of the people here have helped me indirectly. If I forgot to mention you who also contributed, please be sure to let me know as soon as possible. In the end, the most in need of thanks is TK, which allows this high-degree-of-freedom game to appear. I'm just standing on the shoulders of giants.
  4. Maybe I can explain this, it may be hard to tell since the models doesn't look 100% finished, but the 18G(EA-18G) is a model specifically for electronic warfare, have no internal gun,and yes has one extra protruding antenna(Communication Countermeasures Set/CCS) on the back,and it usually has at least a pair of ALQ-218 receivers fixed to the wingtips. kinda off topic... I do hope seeing Next Gen Jammer/ALQ-249 in game lol
  5. Yeah... I have encountered this quite a few times. It can be traced back to the first time I played SF2NA around 2013, till now,I think it has something to do with graphics driver.Bcuz heavy modded game did make so, but it also happens in the vanilla game. Anyway,the latest experience is to set the global setting in the NVIDIA panel to "let 3D applications decide",work for me 100%.And I did object testing, when I changed to other options, the "blank screenshot" would reappear.
  6. I had already prepared a 20,000-word paper when I saw Avionics, and then I realized I knew nothing about this period.
  7. What, Google finally lost a round?
  8. I also believe it's a similar reason, but lowering the Ground Object quality works for me. For example, on the Donbass map, when I set the Ground Object(in options) quality to high or very high,I get CTD in 5 of 10 rounds of playing. But when I change that to low, everything will be fine, no CTD, but there will be almost no trees and buildings on the map (this is why I said it will become an Android game lol) I'm not criticizing the terrain itself, on the contrary, I like it very much, I can notice that the Donbass terrain has a lot of well-designed engagement zones and key positions, so there are a lot of unit spawns.This must be the cause of the CTD, but the direct cause is still those high quality vehicles, yes, NOT the terrain. About NVIDIA driver, indeed.About five years ago, I had a laptop with a GTX950M, i5-6xxx, 8GB DDR4, and everything was working fine.I believe older versions of the driver will be fine (iirc there was a thread mentioning this),but unfortunately they don't work with more modern games and software.
  9. The edit of FlightEngine.ini may not solve the most CTD problem, but may only delay it. I think this is all caused by SF2's poor RAM management. I have to close the game and restart it after playing for a certain period of time to force unload resources. When the progress bar is around 80%, I think the game is loading the ground resources. If you set Ground Objects to Low separately in the graphics settings, I think it will be solved immediately, but the map will make you feel like playing an Android game. P.S. Maybe you can check if your Ground Objects all have high-definition textures? This will undoubtedly increase the loading burden of the game. I personally usually downsize them to 1024x1024 or even lower, I've run into situations like what you describe before and these solutions have helped alleviate the problem even I cound set ground object to high. OFF TOPIC: ARMA2/3 player here, I started playing ARMA3 when it came out in 2013, and bought all the DLCs I was interested in. I agree with both opinions. ARMA3 does simplify many of the excellent settings in ARMA2, making the game very entertaining for all players (unfortunately this is the direction of the market).But the player can decide how to play it, follow those IRL rules and so on, it can still be what we want.
  10. VMAQ-2,right? This reminds me of a time, probably about fifteen years ago, when I bought a model of EA-6 that came with a Playboy watermark stickerThat was the second model I made, ended up giving it away as a gift.
  11. Some CAGs and etc.
  12. Busy with my own projects so I can't offer more help for the time being. But I'm sorry to hear the info, and I wish him a speedy recovery!
  13. Lunch Special #9
  14. Yes, as everyone has said before, many people here have been working on it for ten or even twenty years, but this is all we have available at this point. There is also a thread there looking into changing the cloud height, again with no luck.This is just one of the areas where this community were explore. God, I really want to say something about the HUD effect in the video (I mean that holographic sight? Sorry I don't know what these old-school things are called),the crosshair will only appear in the glass, if SF2 also had such a thing, not only would the visual effects be much better, it would even be possible to make something like an HMD in theory, but all of this is just pure fantasy. At this point (mid-2020s) there is almost no hope of getting any further TK source code, and even the game itself is in an abandoned state, so the best we can do is look the present(make the best use of).
  15. GB-6/TL-500 is a stand-off weapon similar to AGM-154. According to yakarov79's reminder, its role is very limited due to tanks' hitbox(and other objects). Therefore, I refer to some other submunition weapons of the same weight level (500KG) to adjust the explosion equivalent and the number of submunitions, slightly increase them than it should IRL, and set a larger area. And would come in Anti-Tank and Anti-Runway variants, which are still crappy at times, but at least not useless.
  16. The AKF-88C is a missile similar to the AGM-84H/K SLAM. In a recent modification, I used a "top attack" trajectory. This will be interesting.
  17. Kinda off-topic lol.This makes me sigh. Now many game workflows are based on Blender, but I am more familiar with 3dsmax. Especially for Unreal Engine, many useful and convenient tools are designed for Blender, which has become an obstacle for me to do further modding.I'm young but not that young, and not that old either,daily life and work have taken up most of my time and energy, which makes it difficult for me to learn and adapt to Blender. The fact that TK's LOD exporter is based on 3dsmax is a lucky thing for me. I can totally understand what DAD and EricJ are thinking.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..