So if I got SF2:E in May I'm kinda screwed b/c its the DEC 2009 edition versus the June 2009 one? I downloaded it anyway-just wonderif i can get a workaround for it.

So if I got SF2:E in May I'm kinda screwed b/c its the DEC 2009 edition versus the June 2009 one? I downloaded it anyway-just wonderif i can get a workaround for it.

Don't worry a Patch is on the steps to get it working with the latest Patches. Coming very soon

Don't worry a Patch is on the steps to get it working with the latest Patches. Coming very soon

awesome!

The good news if you want to try it is it does work but there are a few bugs... Me I am running the same mod but I have downloaded and I dont find the bugs to bad...

Just wanted to say great work guys.

I haven’t been able to run the NF4 terrain due to my computer just not being able to handle it without a few stutters. But after replacing my 512 ATI 4850 for a 1GB ATI 5750 and doubling my RAM I’ve had no problems :)

I spent this morning getting blown out of the sky in a GR3 the 1986 campaign by a flight of SU-27’s haha.

I have even added my Kiwi Skyhawks to some of the campaigns since it’s always a bit more fun flying your own country’s birds into harms way haha.

Dan,

Hi guys,

Any idea what is wrong with the windmills (I assume it’s meant to be a windmill) in my ‘NATO Fighters 4+ Patch Post Dec 2009 Patch Level’ game?

If you’re wondering about the photo I have added my A-4K to my NF4 install.

I am using windows vista 32 bit and an ATI 5750 1GB video card.

Dan.

Edited by dtmdragon

I have that problem to but so far no way to fix it. So we are calling it the giant cereal boxes Easter egg. Bring your milk. :lol:

I have that problem to but so far no way to fix it. So we are calling it the giant cereal boxes Easter egg. Bring your milk. :lol:

Well there is a 'way' to fix it - install Stary's HR GermanyCE terrain upgrade (the whole package, not just tiles) - last time I checked windmills seemed to look OK.

EDIT: typo

Edited by SFP1Ace

Well there is a 'way' to fix it - install Stary's HR GermanyCE terrain upgrade (the whole package, not just tiles) - last time I checked windmills seemed to look OK.

EDIT: typo

Will that conflict with NF4 in any way?

From the readme:

1024x1024 High resolution GermanyCE for Strike Fighters 2: Europe

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Created for Nato Fighters 4+ by C5 and Team

So it should work fine with NATO Fighters 4+. Just in case backup your GermanyCE folder before installing Stary's update :)

BTW, I'm creating an unoffcial update (more of a tweak really) for NATO Fighters 4+, containing few new AI planes, a couple of new tanks, various data.ini tweaks and enhancements for Aircrafts and Ground Objects (changed/corrected service years to more realistic, tweaked radar ranges, loadouts, added missing RWR entries, radar frequency ranges, upodated RWR.lst for TEWS equipped planes etc.). I should have it finished in a couple of days. Anybody interested in "betatesting' it to check if it won't break anything in the already amazing NF4+ ? :]

BTW, I'm creating an unoffcial update (more of a tweak really) for NATO Fighters 4+, containing few new AI planes, a couple of new tanks, various data.ini tweaks and enhancements for Aircrafts and Ground Objects (changed/corrected service years to more realistic, tweaked radar ranges, loadouts, added missing RWR entries, radar frequency ranges, upodated RWR.lst for TEWS equipped planes etc.). I should have it finished in a couple of days. Anybody interested in "betatesting' it to check if it won't break anything in the already amazing NF4+ ? :]

Make sure you run all that through eburger for him to check out. Since NF4+ is an exclusive mod due to individual modders wishes it has to be approved through us.

From the readme:

1024x1024 High resolution GermanyCE for Strike Fighters 2: Europe

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Created for Nato Fighters 4+ by C5 and Team

So it should work fine with NATO Fighters 4+. Just in case backup your GermanyCE folder before installing Stary's update :)

I have tried the 1024x1024 High resolution GermanyCE for Strike Fighters 2: Europe but for some reason the trees appear to shimmer? Any idea how to stop the shimmering or what files make up the windmill, so I can swap in the files from 1024x1024 High resolution GermanyCE for Strike Fighters 2: Europe to NF4 Europe terrain.

Edited by dtmdragon

Make sure you run all that through eburger for him to check out. Since NF4+ is an exclusive mod due to individual modders wishes it has to be approved through us.

Thanks, will do that! it's my first time doing something like this, so in worst case scenario, if it won't get approved, i'll just keep it for my private use. :salute:

I have tried the 1024x1024 High resolution GermanyCE for Strike Fighters 2: Europe but for some reason the trees appear to shimmer? Any idea how to stop the shimmering or what files make up the windmill, so I can swap in the files from 1024x1024 High resolution GermanyCE for Strike Fighters 2: Europe to NF4 Europe terrain.

Hmmm, try this setting for [AlphaObjectTextureMaterial] entry in GermanyCE_data.ini

[AlphaObjectTextureMaterial]

EffectShaderName=terAlphaObject.fx

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE

DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

RenderedInOrder=TRUE

AlphaTestEnabled=TRUE

CullMode=NO_CULL

LightEnabled=TRUE

SpecularEnabled=FALSE

EmissiveEnabled=FALSE

FogEnabled=TRUE

AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

ZBufferOffset=2.000000

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

NumTextureStages=1

TextureStage[01].TextureName=

TextureStage[01].MipMap=TRUE

TextureStage[01].FilterEnabled=TRUE

TextureStage[01].StageColorOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE

TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=TEXTURE_BLEND_TEXTURE_ALPHA

It might help with shimmering, but it has a know side effect of 'seeing trees through trees', you'll know what I'm talking about when you see it :)

Thanks, that solved the problem with the trees but now I have noticed the city buildings are shimmering as well!

Dan.

Well, I think the issue you're describing is called Z-fighting, and it has to do with your graphics card Z-Buffer. Anyway I've got this issue with shimmering buildings/buildings shadows as well, but it's visible only from a greater distance ALSO with stock, unmodded terrians :(. I guess it's a driver or game engine related issue and nothing can be done about it as far as I know...Turning off city building shadows (Setting shadows to HIGH) alleviates it to some degree, but the 3d building models still seem to 'flicker'. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me might chime in some info on this?

Edited by SFP1Ace

Hi guys,

Any idea what is wrong with the windmills (I assume it’s meant to be a windmill) in my ‘NATO Fighters 4+ Patch Post Dec 2009 Patch Level’ game?

If you’re wondering about the photo I have added my A-4K to my NF4 install.

I am using windows vista 32 bit and an ATI 5750 1GB video card.

Dan.

Reminds me its breakfast time before going to work... :lol: