Sign in to follow this  
Teras

a huge problem!

after installing jun2010 update i got this

0d8IA-gk8M_326358893.JPG

when i change effects to medium its gone but the lenz flare and so much effects gone also and the game looks bad

so , any clue?

that's a damn weird effect, for sure!

do you have an 3rd Party effect package installed? If so, remove/delete (ie: just rename the /Effects folder) it. Test again with the stock effects, and see what it looks like. Might be something incompatable hiding in there, or a video driver issue (hopefull not)

wrench

kevin stein

thanks for helping kevin , i have stary's hollywoods effects pack

i'll rename the folder and back

edit : renamed the effects folder and still the same :(

Edited by Profi

Are you running it under DX9, or under DX10?

DX10 wich comes with it

yes i did but no changes

Did you try new drivers, and or making adjustments within your graphic adapter's 3D settings?

So this if only visible on high and unlimited effect settings?

yes , and also on high effect settings

if i witch it to medium it works fine but no lenz flares and so much beuty gone

What are your system specs? In particular, what garphics card are you running?

Did you try new drivers, and or making adjustments within your graphic adapter's 3D settings?

well actually no , coz my graphic card is built-in my laptob is hp pavilon dv4 and everyting works just fine i play crysis on high settings and also cod 7 , but i dont know why this happend now for sf2

btw when install a clean game ( with no updates ) its works fine with all unlimited settings!

also i dont know where to get new drivers from

What are your system specs? In particular, what garphics card are you running?

intel core i3 pros

windows 7 ultimate

4 gb ddr3 ram

1 gb intl graphic card built-in

500 gb of hard disk

1 gb intl graphic card built-in

That's probably the issue right there. Intel integrated graphics are notorious for not being able to run SF2 properly at higher graphics settings.

FC

That's probably the issue right there. Intel integrated graphics are notorious for not being able to run SF2 properly at higher graphics settings.

FC

but i already playing crysis on high performance!

and alos i dont have this problem in israel version , its only happend with sf2e and sf2v and sf2

but i already playing crysis on high performance!

and alos i dont have this problem in israel version , its only happend with sf2e and sf2v and sf2

If you mean WoI (and not SF2I), that's a DX9 title. Perhaps your graphics adapter cannot handle ThirdWire's implementation of DX10.

i mean sf2I all settings is unlimited and i can show you a picture

Well he seems to be able to run the game when not patches with all the settings on high. but when he patches it the problems occur. Was something graphically added in the new patch guys?

Yea...bump mapping and full DX10 support.

It's real simple...Intel intergrated graphics are notorious for not being able to run SF2 with all the bells and whistles (mainly advanced shaders). I've seen this several times in several threads.

Try going into your options.ini file and find these 2 lines:

UseAdvancedShaders=1

ForceDX9=FALSE

Set them to:

UseAdvancedShaders=0

ForceDX9=TRUE

If things work okay, then do this:

UseAdvancedShaders=0

ForceDX9=FALSE

If things still work okay, then reset the UseAdvancedShaders parameter to 1. If the problems come back, that's your issue.

You may just have to accept running in DX9 mode, and/or without the advanced shaders.

FC

Well he seems to be able to run the game when not patches with all the settings on high. but when he patches it the problems occur. Was something graphically added in the new patch guys?

thats exactly what i meanclapping.gif

Yea...bump mapping and full DX10 support.

It's real simple...Intel intergrated graphics are notorious for not being able to run SF2 with all the bells and whistles (mainly advanced shaders). I've seen this several times in several threads.

Try going into your options.ini file and find these 2 lines:

Set them to:

If things work okay, then do this:

If things still work okay, then reset the UseAdvancedShaders parameter to 1. If the problems come back, that's your issue.

You may just have to accept running in DX9 mode, and/or without the advanced shaders.

FC

it works now with these settings but no shaders! :(

when i change effects to medium its gone but the lenz flare and so much effects gone also and the game looks bad

so , any clue?

Keep in mind that you can select "custom" graphics settings where you can have different combinations of low, med, high, and unlimited settings for different things (so, for example, you can have lense flare but have other things set to medium or low). You could start with medium settings across the board and then increase individual settings one at a time until you find the cuplrit.

In the graphics setttings drop down menu, select medium. Then go back into the menu and select "customize". Make changes from there.

Of course, given that shaders are part of the problem, this may or may not make a difference.

Keep in mind that you can select "custom" graphics settings where you can have different combinations of low, med, high, and unlimited settings for different things (so, for example, you can have lense flare but have other things set to medium or low). You could start with medium settings across the board and then increase individual settings one at a time until you find the cuplrit.

In the graphics setttings drop down menu, select medium. Then go back into the menu and select "customize". Make changes from there.

Of course, given that shaders are part of the problem, this may or may not make a difference.

hey malibu

thanks for help

i meant medium for the effects slot only

and i always use customized settings coz i cant let visual slot switched to Very FAR !

thanks for help everybody , problem has been solved i have new PC now grin.gif ( bought new PC just for playing SF2 lol.gif )

hey malibu

thanks for help

i meant medium for the effects slot only

and i always use customized settings coz i cant let visual slot switched to Very FAR !

thanks for help everybody , problem has been solved i have new PC now grin.gif ( bought new PC just for playing SF2 lol.gif )

Wow! Good for you.

I wish I could solve all my flight simming issues like you! :grin: