At a certain distance away I am getting these weird objects appearing at the weapons pylons. I mostly see it on F4 and A4s when I zoom out, or, like in the attached pic, when I look from in the cockpit. They kind of look like front main gear doors, but they disappear when I zoom in any closer than this. I will try removing my add-ons Weapons folder to see if something is broken in there.

post-2449-0-99819800-1397003043.png

Yup, something's broken in the add-ons Weapons. I don't know if it's a pylon, rack or weapon itself.

also, check that the aircraft's data in is the latest one, for whatever patch level your at. if in doubt, back up the old one, and extract a new, drop it in the aircraft folder and retest (before condemming the weapons)

just to be safe

Patched to July 2013. The most recent extractor is April 2012, and works?

yup

I don't know which ObjectData cat to unpack, there's 27 of them, which one(s) are aircraft, or do I have to go through each one to find the .ini aircraft files?

it all depends on which model Rhino it is

they're scattered all over....

i hope it is none of mine , if it is a weapon that i made please give me a PM

If its happening on more than one aircraft I'd say its a weapons issue.....which weapon or weapons are you carrying at the time?

I see it when carrying 6- 500 lbs slicks on F4d and A4s. Again, I'm not certain if it's the weapons, or the racks, because of weirdness I've been seeing in both, like drop tanks with bombs inside of them. I need to do some more research.

like drop tanks with bombs inside of them

THAT sounds like a data ini problem. don't forget, sf2 introduced the "built in drop tanks"; meaning they're not longer separate lods, but part of the aircraft model.

outdated data and loadout ini WILL cause this.

you never said exactly WHICH F-4E it is ... but I'd start looking in cat 8

Sorry Wrench, it's the TW Stock F4D in the screenshot. I'm also trying to show the A4E with the same problem. The object falls off with jettison. I had already dropped the payload.

[/url]">http://A4eobject_zpsa6cc1af3.png

Edited by TeargasHorse

yes, they do. it's a detachable mesh

just try what I've suggested, and let us know.

the original D are in cat 008

It has to be a problem with an add-on pylon. I tried omitting the F4D_Data.ini in MODS, but the problem persists. I tried the Loadout file too, no change. Omitting the MODS weapons folder did fix it. I just don't know which rack in weapons needs fixin. I have backed up my older working folder, so I can use that until I can find what the rack is called.

I don't know the difference between TER and MER. The one in question is the 3 hold rack that holds 2 or 3 bombs... I tried out an A7D, with 3 bomb rack and 4 bomb rack, only the 3 rack shown below has this distance issue.

2014-04-10_00004_zpsdc65aba6.jpg

Edited by TeargasHorse

In my Weapons folders, I have 2 folders for MER,

MER

MER_F4

There are 4 for TER,

TER

TER_CBU

TER_LGB

TER2

Maybe some conflicts happening?

I did some testing, and it looks like the problem is the TER folder in my MODS. I "removed" the folder, and now things look the way they should.

Although now I have discovered some invisible weapons. They are there, and do the job, but are not visibly loaded (specifically Skyspot bombs).

Edited by TeargasHorse

ok the TER (triple ejector rack) , MER (multiple ejector rack) and MER_F4 could be from me , but i dont have  that problem are you on Win XP ???

and could you please make a close up screenshot of that object so i could identify what part is causing this , i try to fix that asap

In my Weapons folders, I have 2 folders for MER,

MER

MER_F4

There are 4 for TER,

TER

TER_CBU

TER_LGB

TER2

Maybe some conflicts happening?

the MER and MER_F4 are ok , but please remove or delete the TER , TER_CBU , TER_LGB and TER2 

place this one in your weaponsfolder and let me know if you still have the problem  TER.7z

since i dont have this problem i need some more info from you , are you on win XP ??? is this only happening on specific aircrafts ???

I'll try it out.

Win 7 Ultimate

DX11

It's on every plane that uses that rack.

Looks like my troubles with this are over. Everything looks fantastic with that new TER file in place. I thank you both very much, Wrench and ravenclaw_007. I've been putting off asking about this thinking it was just some goofy vanity thing, but I gotta say, it really does help when things look right from any angle and any view, thanks so much! >s<

it is realy funy i never had that error on my game , it would be intresting to know if one of this TER_CBU , TER_LGB , TER2 are interfering with my mod  , could you tetst that for me ???