[WIP] Target Area Editor

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#101 PFunk

PFunk
  • VALUED MEMBER
  • 372 Posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:44:04 PM

Wow.  That is impressive.  Can't wait to play with it.

#102 quack74

quack74
  • +MODDER
  • 1,689 Posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:50:12 AM

as long as something is listed in the _types ini, and exists in the GroundObject folder, it works

and yes, it's OUTSTANDING!!!

in the example images below, they'd be almost impossible to build without it...

Wrench, what I did for the trains in my Verdun terrain is I made their GroundObjectRole=TRANSPORT. Of course I had to name everything else that was "TRANSPORT" to something else otherwise a truck would show up on the tracks. Next I created long straight sections of tracks using this editor then set the speed of the train to 10mph ( you want it slow). I then added waypoints in the terrains' Movement.INI under "TRUCK" and set two Route Positions, start and end. No if I fly an Armed_Recon mission there will be a moving train to target. I had to add sound and exhaust to the trains data.ini too. I actually painted all my tracks on terrain tiles. So I used the TFD tool. The tracks need to be level too. so I had to fudge with the HFD as well. Took a little time but was well worth it in the end.

img00045.JPG img00046.JPG

img00015.JPG img00020.JPG

Edited by quack74, 11 February 2017 - 10:03:54 AM.

• Sundowner, Crusader, Wrench and 14 others like this

#103 swambast

swambast

Master Control Programmer

• +MODDER
  • U.S. Army
  • 340 Posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:56:07 AM

Quack, that is absolutely a masterpiece - best "train/rail area" I've ever seen in this sim - well done!   :clapping:

#104 Wilches

Wilches
  • 962 Posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:12:11 PM

It´s so good that it´s hard to believe! If it can be reproduced in SFP series, my favourite mission will be possible - train busting. Reminds me the old EAW. Super quack74!!!

#105 Stratos

Stratos
  • EDITOR
  • Political Arena
  • 3,596 Posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:06:31 AM

The Target Editor need the game to be installed in order to work? I use the TFD tool without problem on a separate (without SF2 installed) computer, but when I try to use the target editor and I select the terrain.ini file I got nothing, can this be the problem?

#106 PFunk

PFunk
  • VALUED MEMBER
  • 372 Posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:22:02 PM

Nvr mind.  RTFM.

EDIT:  Holy.  Crap.  This thing is going to change everything.  EVERYTHING.

Edited by PFunk, 19 February 2017 - 12:23:28 PM.

#107 quack74

quack74
  • +MODDER
  • 1,689 Posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:17:11 AM

When placing objects in a Target Area, what was the key stroke to duplicate a selected object? can't find the readme for it.

#108 Geezer

Geezer
  • +MODDER
  • 1,187 Posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:27:41 PM

Quack, that's gorgeous. 

#109 swambast

swambast

Master Control Programmer

• +MODDER
  • U.S. Army
  • 340 Posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:16:21 AM

Hi Quack, just a refresher that you had asked about this previously in this thread and I suggested implementing this feature to Mue prior to that.  Anyway, the answer is - that feature doesn't currently exist today.  I know I had been collaborating with Mue and also sent him a proposed features list with detailed requirements including priority rankings.  However, he has been busy with some real life demands, so I am absolutely confident he has this on his list and we had ranked this one highest of priorities.  I'm hoping once he frees up he'll get back to it, so for the time being we'll need to be patient and optimistic that another revision will be here in the near future!  

#110 NIELS

NIELS
  • +PLATINUM MEMBER
  • 291 Posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:54:45 PM

I've been working with this program a little building some bases. How do you load/place objects that are user made. When I right click then add object the only ones available are the stock objects in the cat file associated with specific SF2 series terrain ie: WOV, WOE, WOI etc. Am I missing a step or are the stock objects the only ones to pick from?

Thanks 

#111 quack74

quack74
  • +MODDER
  • 1,689 Posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:51:24 PM

I've been working with this program a little building some bases. How do you load/place objects that are user made. When I right click then add object the only ones available are the stock objects in the cat file associated with specific SF2 series terrain ie: WOV, WOE, WOI etc. Am I missing a step or are the stock objects the only ones to pick from?

Thanks 

Have you added your new objects to the Terrains' Types.INI? the TAE reads the stock objects from the CAT files and from the _Types.INI from the terrain you are using.

For terrain building you have to add the objects directly into the terrains' folder. Make sure you add the .LOD's, .bmp's or tga's for each object. Then add the data to the terrains' Types.INI and make sure they are numbered consecutively.

Edited by quack74, 22 March 2017 - 07:01:25 PM.

#112 NIELS

NIELS
  • +PLATINUM MEMBER
  • 291 Posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:03:07 PM

OK - I'll continue with your info/help................Thanks for the quick response quack74, much appreciated. 

Bravo again to mue for this outstanding program

#113 quack74

quack74
  • +MODDER
  • 1,689 Posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:05:25 AM

I could have swarn that Mue added the clone key stroke in his latest upgrade. I was using it not that long ago. I just forgot what key stroke was. I cant find it in any readme files. But it was working.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests