Hi Mue, great tool.

However, for some reason when viewing maps with the tool, none of the target objects will appear, be they runways, bridges, etc.  This is occurring on both stock and modded maps (I have tried it with the stock GermanyCE, Sweden from TSF, and Nellis Range.)

Buildings that are part of the map itself appear to be showing up fine, it is just runways and the like that are not appearing.

Have you in Extras->Settings set the correct path to the SF2 install directory?

Do you run the latest SF2 patch level?

Do you have an ATI graphic card? Some users with ATI cards have problems with my programs. I still try to figure out where the bug is.

Hi Mue, any chance this can work for earlier patches yet?

Hi Mue, any chance this can work for earlier patches yet?

Sorry, a new version is not ready yet. The last weeks nice weather kept me away from (non-work-related) programming activities. But I'll continue to work on the target area editor soon.

• Like 2

Sorry, a new version is not ready yet. The last weeks nice weather kept me away from (non-work-related) programming activities. But I'll continue to work on the target area editor soon.

Great

We should make a bbq and outdoors activities !

Great job Mue! This tool is awesome! I am already working with it, and can't wait for the final version! Thank you for your hard work!!! I have been modifying the a stock germany airbase on a terrain I'm currently working on, and soon-to-be-released called Coastal Range.

post-57511-0-90810800-1442031859_thumb.jpg

post-57511-0-69845300-1442032179_thumb.jpg

post-57511-0-96137200-1442032181_thumb.jpg

post-57511-0-91598400-1442032186_thumb.jpg

Edited by ignacioc91
  • Like 1

Minor update: Version 0.2.0

-rudimentary editing functions: target objects can be added/deleted/moved/rotated to/from/in existing target areas.
 CAUTION! It's not fully tested yet. I strongly advise you to make a backup of your *_targets.ini file first before you work with the Target Area Editor.
-using Qt 5.5.1

I bundled my programs (lod viewer, target area editor, cat extractor (NEW!)) into one package. You can download it here

• Like 2

Awesome Mue, looking forward to trying it out!  I hope your revised version now supports SF2 series that are on older patch levels; been eagerly awaiting that support so let's see if it's arrived.

The rest of the tools look great too, what a treat.

EDIT:  Just in case anyone was wondering...looks like older versions aren't supported.  Wondering if there are any plans to do so...?

Edited by swambast

Mue is there any way I can add objects (not targets) like trees and decorative stuff?

EDIT:  Just in case anyone was wondering...looks like older versions aren't supported.  Wondering if there are any plans to do so...?

Which patch level do you have? Do the LODViewer and my CATExtractor work with this patch level? All of my programs use the same cat file loading routines.

Mue is there any way I can add objects (not targets) like trees and decorative stuff?

Yes, it should be possible.

First you have to add the objects to the <terrain>_types.ini. However, I don't know which entries in <terrain>_types.ini does make the object to real targets or just "decorative stuff".

Then you can place the objects via the target area editor into the target areas.

I'm pretty sure TOD objects (trees and buildings) can only be added via the 3w terrain editor. As these are "built in" to the tiles. Otherwise, one would need the skins and lods (or whatever 3d item is used) for the TOD buildings and the 2 types of trees resident within the terrain's main folder.  THEN they can be added to the _targets and _types ini.

Sounds like way too much work...

Unless a separate TOD generator is created...

Which patch level do you have? Do the LODViewer and my CATExtractor work with this patch level? All of my programs use the same cat file loading routines.

The target area editor  did not work for me on the April 2012 patch.    I use other installs going back to June 2010 for certain features that we lost with the newer patches I have yet to try it at the June  2010 patch level. i still need to test your other tools .

Edit*****

Tested with June 2010 patch seems to be working fine.  :)

Edited by Icarus999

Last patch I have in is 2011.  I gave up on the TK patches and wrecking everything in between.  Been waiting for this tool for 10 years and great its here but can't open any Cat files with any tools.  Its unfortunate but oh well, back to the old way of doing thing for things locked away.

But for adding new items, "when you can see it", and mouse rotate it and drag it into place....works great.

Follow on to this was making a copy of the Vietnam install and patching to July 2012.    Works now and things are showing up.

Thanks Mue for the work on the tool set as it was something missing greatly for the modding of the sim.

Merry Christmas.

When I try to add a object the list fills all the screen and I cannot see all the objects (see attached pic), is there any way to see all the objects available?

Thanks

Image1_zps1ofvpqch.jpg

Hi Stratos, I noted the same issue.  Mue and I had been collaborating on some updates including this issue, the ability to read sub-object folders and some added functionality from STT such as copy/paste of objects which was a huge feature.  While I can't speak directly for Mue, I would guess that he already has it on his "to do" list and personally think the next revision he puts out will be awesome! 

Ok, thanks. At first I tought it was a problem with my install.

Hi Stratos, I noted the same issue.  Mue and I had been collaborating on some updates including this issue, the ability to read sub-object folders and some added functionality from STT such as copy/paste of objects which was a huge feature.  While I can't speak directly for Mue, I would guess that he already has it on his "to do" list and personally think the next revision he puts out will be awesome! 

Any update on this? I'm currently not editing as I cannot see the complete list.

Or is there any work-around? Any way to see in screen the targets I want to add only so I can see them all in the screen? Thanks a lot.

Any update on this? I'm currently not editing as I cannot see the complete list.

No, not yet.

Or is there any work-around? Any way to see in screen the targets I want to add only so I can see them all in the screen? Thanks a lot.

You can try to create and use a "reduced" <terrain>_types.ini (that only contains the objects you need for editing a single target area) while working with the target area editor.

• Like 1

You can try to create and use a "reduced" <terrain>_types.ini (that only contains the objects you need for editing a single target area) while working with the target area editor.

Will try it!! thanks a lot!

Hello Mue and fellas. Last week I was building a town for First Eagle two using the TAE v.01. Worked great. But I still had to have the Targets.INI open as well as the TAE and the terrain folder so I can see all the available objects through the LOD viewer. I thought it was great. Took a while to select an object to use then type it into the Targets.INI then refresh the TAE to see it. Then touch up it's coordinates a bit and it's heading. I had no idea there was a new version!!! What a brilliant update. It was available the whole time I was doing it the hard way. Figures. Anyway, Mue, this is a fantastic program. Thank you for all of your efforts with all of the editing programs you have given us.

So here is my request, if you already aren't working on it. Lets say I'm working on a [TargetArea] that has 99 targets.  I select a target object already placed (highlighted in red), lets say Target [007], and I delete it. I can't fill in the missing object in the [007] slot. It will add a new target at the end of the list. Now my [TargetArea] has 100 targets. But Target [007] is a blank. I have to open the Targets.INI to fill in the missing object. I like how it adds objects (Targets) in consecutive order. Can there be a way to edit an existing object with a different object with out it being added to the end of the list? Maybe a new key stroke combined with the mouse wheel that will cycle through the available objects. This way "delete" wont be the only option. Either way this program is huge. It gave me an incentive to finish a big terrain project and even consider doing more. It makes thing so easy now.

Thanks Mue.

Edited by quack74
  • Like 1

told ya so!!!  :biggrin:

the TAE is da bomb!!

• Like 1

Would it be possible to add a feature where we can change the order of the  actual target areas?......mainly for grouping all the like for like areas .....if you get what I mean.

Minor Update: Target Area Editor V0.2.1:

-terrain objects located in sub folders are displayed
-"Add Object" menu is divided hierarchically. It should be possible now to use <terrain>_types.ini with a bigger number of objects.

Copy the content of this zip file: TargetAreaEditor_V0.2.1_Update.zip into the MuesToolBox folder or download the updated full package of MuesToolbox from the Downloads section.

• Like 7