Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

F-35s land in the UK

Three British and American F-35 combat aircraft have landed in the UK following a successful Trans-Atlantic crossing.

The US Marine Corps had revealed plans last year regarding sending a pair of F-35B’s to two air shows in Britain this summer, it is understood that this is in addition to one British aircraft.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/f-35-lands-uk-crossing-atlantic-ocean/

F-35 is a game changer.

We spent a lot of money to make something with more capabilities than any combat aircraft ever.

Plus we shared it with our friends!

30 years ahead of anything Russia has now.

Very true.

But new isn't always better and old is always obsolete.

Hopefully we can impound these ones before they realise we are out of money   :alcoholic:  

I took this out of a video..............although the guy is at Lockheed now he is also dissing a product he also has to sell....anyway thought it was interesting.

The first and only comment yet on that article is hilarious : "A feat like this has not been achieved since Charles Lindbergh in the Spirit of St. Louis!"

MiGBuster, well that also depends whether you're paying in dollars or sterlings.

Also, off the top of my head, that's the largest attrition reserve the RAF planned in recent history for any type, I think you'd have to go back to the 60's to have anything near it. That might mean 3 things, a) they are expected to operate for a long time/have a very active operational career, b) a high loss rate is expected and/or c) they are expected to be hangar queens.

c) they are expected to be hangar queens.

Ding ding ding.... we have a winner.

Way too many moving parts for my liking... a graceful elegant and simple solution to VTOL it is not. 

Craig

Edited by fallenphoenix1986

I love Harriers too!

But when they fly over you they sound like 122mm rockets!

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

Looks like a pig to me.....maybe it should be nicknamed the PUFF.......Pig Ugly you know the rest....

• Like 2

Looks like a pig to me.....maybe it should be nicknamed the PUFF.......Pig Ugly you know the rest....

B-52 Buff, A-7 Sluff.... F-35 Puff... I like it  :biggrin:

Only snag is the first two proved to be exceptional at what they did.... the F-35 remains to be seen. I can see its potential but there are so many potential malfunctions waiting to happen that its difficult for me to have much faith in it yet.

Craig

Edited by fallenphoenix1986
  • Like 1