About This File
(r1 - 1976 - VF-805)
This mod should ultimately cover the whole VF-805 career of the Australian A-4G, however since it started for a very specific project of mine, it will be released as-is and updated whenever (if ever) the rest is done.
For that reason, if you have an interest on the topic and are willing to correct or complete the set, do feel free to do so, it's a safer bet than waiting for the next release.
It has been built with/for SF2, it requires Thirdwire's A-4E and A-4F to work, there should be no other prerequisite.
r1 includes only the mid-70's skin, as my project focuses on the year 1976.
The skin and decals are as correct as I'm willing/able to do based on Thirdwire's skin.
All plane and serial numbers are correctly paired and historically correct (all planes crashed before 1976 are not present).
The only inaccuracy is the fact that some of the planes present were affected to VC-724, however, in case of conflict and to cope with attrition they would have been transferred to VF-805, hence their presence in this mod.
Grey areas :
- On most pictures the A-4G in '76 had the area surrounding the gun muzzle painted black, on some, a square area on the fuselage was painted black and on other, nothing was painted black at all, no text gives any reason for that or precise reference, therefore it's been left as stock.
- Likewise, most sources claim some A-4G were not fitted with guns, without providing the serial number of those planes or whether this was a temporary or permanent change; Moreover, I couldn't find photographic evidence of a gunless A-4G.
- The current INI is a hybrid of A-4E and A-4F, uses an A-4F cockpit with A-4E avionics, I lack sources and will to do any better at the moment, it will have to do.
Optionnally, you can add VF-805 "Checkerboards" to your SquadronList.ini, however it is only a nicety and the skin doesn't rely on it.
DisplayName=805 Sq. "Checkerboards"
TO DO :
- Replace the antennas by accurate ones.
- Have missile rails for outer pylons use with Sidewinders.
- Add the late 60's VF-805 skin (without checkerboard).
- Add the early 70's VF-805 skin (with checkerboard on the rudder).
- Add the late 70's VF-805 skin (grey camo with knight).
See the CA Freeware Licence Agreement : http://combatace.com/topic/55729-freeware-licensing/
Thirdwire for the A-4E model, original skin and INI.
Wilco for the angled refueling probe replacement and landing lights.
The CA community for years of fun and great mods.
What's New in Version r1
- Initial release