About This File
Hi, this is my adapt for the Yak-141, i just put things together and made it to work in SF2 standard, everything has been made to put it in the respective mod folders, if you are prompted to overwrite, please do so, the only part you need to work with, goes to the Soundlist.ini which you need to extract and place it in the flight folder, and add the following lines:
SoundFileXXX=GSh301................ XXX standing as the next number in the sounds sequence.
ConeOutsideVolume=0..............this goes at the very bottom
of the sounds list.
I used a modified Su-27 Flanker cockpit, since it`s the closest one to the real plane, based in pics i found, also the avionics are more modern, just to think as a what if this plane would have entered in service, she would be active as of today.
VTOL Operation Checklist:
1) BE SMOOTH AT ALL TIMES....Deploy air brakes (required to raise forward lift engine intake screen)
2) Set flaps to full
3) Set nozzles to full down position
4) Release wheel brakes
5) Apply throttle SMOOTHLY. You will start lifting at approx. 87% throttle. Under no circumstances should you apply more than 89% throttle when in VTOL mode, or you will loose control when the AB kicks in.
6) As you're gaining altitude, dip the nose forward slightly while still in VTOL mode to gain forward momentum.
7) Raise the landing gear, and begin swiveling the nozzles back (as smoothly as possible), as you gain forward speed.
8) Retract the air brake/intake screen as you pass 80 knots, raise the flaps all the way at 170 knots,
9) Did I remind you to be smooth as often as I should have? : )
10) Practice makes perfect!
This mod is uploaded using the Freeware Licensing Terms by the Forum, but i want to thank to the following individuals:
-Gabilon, the creator of this beautiful plane.
-Oliver, BPAO Anguille for the Cockpit (thanks wherever you are)
-Lindr2, who tweaked the cockpit in his MiG-29 beta release.
-The Trooper, for the fabulous pilot.
-Fubar512 who made some modifications to the FM, and they are noted in this read me.
-Deuces, for the MiG Afterburner effects and fuselage vapor effect.
If i forget someone here, pelase let me know and i will credit you, my apologies in advance.
I hope you enjoy this mod and if you have any questions, don´t doubt to ask me here in the forum, or via PM.
Enoc Marquez AKA FLOGGER23.