About This File
In January 1978, Britain and Finland announced a deal to in which the Finnish Air Force was to receive 50 Hawk Mk. 51s in 1980; these aircraft were built in Finland under licence by Valtion lentokonetehdas. The Finnish Air Force was limited to 60 first-line fighter aircraft by the Paris Peace Treaty of 1947; by acquiring Hawks, which counted as trainers rather than fighters, capacity could be increased while continuing treaty compliance. These conditions were nullified at the break-up of the Soviet Union.
Seven additional Mk. 51As were delivered in 1993–94 to make up for losses. In June 2007, Finland arranged to purchase 18 used Hawk Mk. 66s from the Swiss Air Force for 41 million euros; they were delivered in 2009–2010. Finnish Hawks have reportedly been armed with Russian Molniya R-60/AA-8 air-to-air missiles. The Finnish Air Force aerobatics team, the Midnight Hawks, also uses the aircraft.
Due to rising levels of metal fatigue, 41 out of 67 in Finland's total Hawk fleet will be taken out of service between 2012–2016; the remaining aircraft are younger and thus are expected to be flying into the 2030s.In 2011, Finnish Mk. 51s and Mk. 66s underwent upgrades, including a new Patria Cockpit 2000 glass cockpit and new software.
- a new plane (1.1 new lod);
- 6 new skins(3 camo; 1 grey; 2 "Midnight Hawks" camo & grey)
- Historical decalsets;
- open canopy 10 key auto closing at take off;
- "real" sound;
- two new Finn pilots;
- new screens;
- This plane uses as stand in Harrier1 cockpit
- RussoUK - plane model;
- Ndicki- original Templates;
- Florian - original pilots;
- Spillone104 - RR Adour sound
- Paulopanz - Skins, Decals, pilots, edits;
- all mod folder content in your mod install
- if you haven't SF-2EU or dislike Harrier1 pit open Hawk51.ini
CockpitDataFile=Harrier1_cockpit.ini <---- delete this
AvionicsDLL=Avionics70.dll <---- delete this
AvionicsDataFilename=Harrier1_avionics.ini <---- delete this
---> delete all "//" too and you will use the F-100 cockpit
V. 1.1 : new lods inside by russouk2004 !!!!
My wishes are for an heavy tour of duty on the scandinavian front. Ok Jon?
PS: Make a proper cockpit, please.
What's New in Version 1.1
- New lods:
- - canopy glass with proper canopy blow lines
- - nose and left main reversed wheels fixed
- - mapping fixed