About This File
In the 1980s, 12 BAE Hawk T.Mk. 60/60As were purchased for the Air Force of Zimbabwe; the purchase was supported by a GB £35 million loan from the UK to Zimbabwe. The Hawk deal also included the transfer of a number of second-hand Hawker Hunters. In July 1982, at least one Hawk was destroyed on the ground and three more heavily damaged during a dissident attack on Thornhill air base, Gweru.
Zimbabwe's Hawks were used during the Second Congo War. Numerous airstrikes were conducted in support of the Congolese Army against Rwandan, Ugandan and rebel forces in 1998–2000. In 2000, the controversy over Zimbabwe's military intervention in the Congo and poor human rights record led to Britain imposing a total arms embargo on the nation, including spare parts for the Hawk. Due to the embargo, Zimbabwe has purchased six Chinese Hongdu K-8s as a substitute.
- a new plane;
- 3 new skins(3 camo);
- Historical decalsets;
- 2 new pilots;
- Weapons including Export Chinese PL-7
- open canopy 10 key auto closing at take off;
- "real" sound;
- new screens;
- This plane uses as stand in Harrier1 cockpit
- RussoUK - plane model;
- Ndicki- original Templates;
- SF1 skin Matthew Ouellette;
- Spillone104 - RR Adour sound
- Paulopanz - Skins, Decals, pilots, edits;
- all mod folder content in your mod install
- if you haven't SF-2EU or dislike Harrier1 pit open Hawk60.ini
CockpitDataFile=Harrier1_cockpit.ini <---- delete this
AvionicsDLL=Avionics70.dll <---- delete this
AvionicsDataFilename=Harrier1_avionics.ini <---- delete this
---> delete all "//" too and you will use the F-100 cockpit
I hope that at last we will have a South African terrain to play with .....