About This File
A-4E (67) Skyhawk, VA-192 'Golden Dragons' Vietnam 1967 Skinpack by Nyghtfall v1.1
*** SF2V required for A-4E_67-model, tested in full 5-merged installation ***
The skin represents A-4Es from VA-192 'Golden Dragons' between October 1966 and May 1967 aboard the carrier USS Ticonderoga in Vietnam.
All BuNo are correct for this squadron including Modex.
Some highlights on this skinpack are:
- new Baseskin with highter resolution (2048x2048)
- new Decals for nearly everything :)
- special Decals for the CAG bird (Number x00)
- updated data.ini is included, which contains the working canopy (SHIFT+0) and landing light (thanks to Wrench).
- not all A-4Es had the Avionics Hump. I'm not sure, but I would think squadrons had a mix of A-4Es with and without hump and as my mainsource had one, it was the way to go.
- the color-sequence of the cag-bird is open for discussion, you can find 2 versions (tailcolors upside down on the 2nd), i chose the more common
1. unzip to a temporary folder
2. copy 'Objects'-folder from the zip to your mods 'Objects'-folder, if asked to overwrite, say 'yes'.
- Thirdwire and TK for a great game, nice models, skins and some decals I used as pattern
- ZScout370, wikimedia - USAF Insignia
- Wrench, updated data.ini
- Soulfreak, for your decalpattern, which was a BIG help to improve the baseskin and fill it with "life"!
- Blowhard, for the weathering-tutorial at http://www.eaf51.org/Photoshop/Tutorial/Basic_Weathering.htm
- Wrench (also for help with flap-decals), ikon71, Stratos, CrazyhorseB34, cocas and EricJ for your help with the color-issues
- Sundowner (F-105D template) as inspiration on how to handle certain things in a template, as it was the first one, I created
- all modders at CombatAce for their work and inspiration!
If you have any problems with this skin or have suggestions and hints, feel free to PM me.
What's New in Version v1.1
- original release (v1.0)
- corrected colors and nosecone (v1.1)
- added maintenance markings (v1.1)