About This File
EmlD Nieuport 24E (trainer) "Issoudun Nieuport series" for First Eagles 2
This is a full aircraft type, trying to represent the trainer Nieuports used by United States at Issoudun.
"Issoudun Nieuport series" a set of several Nieuports used by the United States to train pilots during WW1 in France at Issoudun airdrome. Many of these Nieuports had very atypical painting schemes, between them, two with fish scales were "The Jazbo" And the "Flying Fish" (also called the "Dragon ship" or "Gwynne's Goldfish") and several others. Also these were considered "special ships" and representative of their unit. Often they were just for formation flying. Each crew tried to keep these bird primed for inspection. At Field eight there were multiple single coloured Nieuport 24 types used as aggressors for camera armed dogfights so a student could prove he had gotten his opponent. I gathered most of them in this series of skins.
This first pack features EmlD Nieuports 24 that I renamed Nieuport 24E (trainer).
You will find several versions for some of the planes with different colors at your choice.
** What you will find in this Nieuport 24 Pack:
- Eight (8) Nieuport 24 Skins in several versions & Colors options. All used by 3rd Air Instructional Center (3rd AIC) at Issoudun France.
1- Two (2) Nieuport 24 flown by pilots 0f 31st Aero Squadron.
2- Four (4) Nieuport 24 of unknown squadrons used by "3rd AIC" at Issoudun. (several versions)
3- Two (2) Nieuport 24 of of unknown squadrons photographed at Pruniers airfield, Romorantin, France.
4- Geezer pilot figure new textures (US Pilot) that I painted to be used with Geezer's "wwiPilotNew3".
The LODs are adjusted to use JPG textures but I included a folder with the BMPs files for First Eagles 1 users.
You will find (4) four layout options. The new texture has a "US UNIFORM" as standard layout.
To use the others with scarfs, you must to exchange the file names:
-To use the "DARK BLUE" scarf you must to rename
OPTIONAL-DARK BLUE-Pilot And Scarf.jpg to Pilot And Scarf.jpg
-To use the "LIGHT BLUE" scarf you must to rename
OPTIONAL-LIGHT BLUE-Pilot And Scarf.jpg to Pilot And Scarf.jpg
-To use the "US FLAG" scarf you must to rename
US FLAG-Pilot And Scarf.jpg to Pilot And Scarf.jpg
-To use the "US UNIFORM" you must to rename
US UNIFORM-Pilot And Scarf.jpg to Pilot And Scarf.jpg
5- A new cockpit textures in two options (1024x1024 JPG & TGA) & (2048x2048 JPG & TGA).(Included BMP files) for First Eagles 1 users.
6- New hangar screens (several versions).
- The LODs are adjusted to use JPG textures this is only for FE2 users.
- I painted new textures for the cockpit. I drew a new "GLASS.tga" to complement all of them. The gauges & needles were made as close as possible to the real instruments.
- I'm releasing two versions: One in 1024x1024(JPG & TGA) and other in 2048x2048(JPG & TGA).
- I set the 1024x1024(JPG & TGA) as standard for the planes.
- I painted as well, new hangars screens for these planes. The screens are in 1920x1200 size with some options for your choice.
*OBS: If you are running a low-end computer I do not recommend the use of 2048x2048 cockpit textures.
The aircraft will fly only reconnaissance "RECON" missions.
Flight model in this pack by peter01
- Drop or copy the folder "Nieuport 24 E" from mine "Aircraft" folder to your "Aircraft" folder.
- Drop or copy the folder "US Pilot" from mine "pilots" folder to your "Pilots" folder.
- Drop or copy the folder "Nieuport 24 E" from mine "decals" folder to your "decals" folder.
That's all, you are ready to train at Issoudun.
- Julio Junqueira texture skins for aircraft, pilot, cockpit and hangars.
- EmlD for the excellent Nieuport 3d models.
- Geezer for the excellent pilot 3d model (wwiPilotNew3)
- peter01 for the excellent flight model ini file.
- Panama Red for the excellent Nieuport 24 cockpit 3d LOD edition.
- Thanks EmlD, Geezer, peter01 and Panama Red for their fantastic work.
- Thanks to Stephen1918 and Crawford for help with information on the Nieuport's fuel gauge.
- special thanks to CombatAce.com hosting the files.
These textures are freeware; you are allowed to use it as you wish, but The names of all contributors listed here, must be added in any new released readmes. These textures may not in any way, be used in any payware additions.