Sign in to follow this  
Zurawski

F/A-37A Talon - ALPHA 1.0 Ready for Download

hum noticed something i can overtake certain missles with it, not been succesfull yet it letting myself be hit by one though.

(done with mavericks)

unrelated: been fooling around with mavericks u can actually shoot down enemy planes with them just takes alot longer.

Also shot down a plane with an cruise missle XD

Yeah, I think the wings should be tilted down a bit, but definitely not 12 degrees down. That looks somewhat silly IMO. :crazy:

About the body width: Comparing between top-down views of the Talon ingame and the schematics, I think the ingame jet looks fatter because it's curvy, where as the 'real'/movie version has a more angular look. (Btw, the nose looks to come to a well-rounded point, it seems like it should be more of a rounded rectangle)

Heh, this might as well be a design feedback/input thread. :haha:

Edit: Oh, almost forgot. Are the panels in the Cockpit_Blank folder just there for show, or can they be used with the Talon panel?

Edited by Sky Captain

Yeah, I think the wings should be tilted down a bit, but definitely not 12 degrees down. That looks somewhat silly IMO. :crazy:

About the body width: Comparing between top-down views of the Talon ingame and the schematics, I think the ingame jet looks fatter because it's curvy, where as the 'real'/movie version has a more angular look. (Btw, the nose looks to come to a well-rounded point, it seems like it should be more of a rounded rectangle)

Heh, this might as well be a design feedback/input thread. :haha:

Edit: Oh, almost forgot. Are the panels in the Cockpit_Blank folder just there for show, or can they be used with the Talon panel?

The Cockpit_blank is actually the external model cockpit made "into" the players cockpit... I use it to find the general placement, shape and global center for the actual pit... I got into the habit of doing this as a lot of user made planes have the virtual cokpits everywhere except where they should be.... :crazy: and it drives me nuts.

Edited by Zurawski

Ah, so that's why any other plane cockpits are all placed weird if I use them. Neat technique! (So no paneling or details on the 'pit until later releases, then?)

By the way, some screenies from my weapons testing:

img00116ai4.png

My best Ben Gannon impression... (Crappy terrain graphics ftw!)

img00122vh6.jpg

Truncheon Away!

img00123or5.png

Impact!

By the way, I found out that if your engines overheat and set off their fireworks show, throttling back to zero will prolong your doom long enough to remember where the eject button is. :tongue:

Edit: Oh, and does anyone know where to find some good, modern 'Red' fighters? I'd use the MiG-29, but anymore than 2 onscreen and my PC takes craps out.

Edited by Sky Captain

Final version sent to "Z" man for approval...

417ef596.jpg

417ef596.jpg

You know, after looking at the Talon quite a bit, it looks kinda like the YF-23 on steroids. Kinda close I think.

yf-23.jpg

Also, if anyone is interested I have this for the EDI

EDI.jpg

Might be useful for someone wanting to build it. :wink:

Yup, I mislabeled the file as F-38 instead of Talon. Wow, what a nice Alpha mod! I'm really looking forward to the final version.

VFX-103

b618c6af.jpg

check out the stars and bars on this one :shok: ... uploading soon.

Edited by Sidewinder86

Hmmm... Is it just me, or do you black out & red out more easily in this plane than others? I'll go into a gentle turn and the pilot will start hyperventilating. I don't want to even talk about turning with a Fulcrum...

Hmmm... Is it just me, or do you black out & red out more easily in this plane than others? I'll go into a gentle turn and the pilot will start hyperventilating. I don't want to even talk about turning with a Fulcrum...

Not your imagination...

The canards / elevators really haul the nose around. Much more so that most of the other birds. The acceleration is pretty beefy right now too... which leads to pretty harsh red/black-out conditions.

Mind you... the Flight-model right now is a "work-in-progress"... and is currently being refined. Ultimately the FM will still be dangerous... just a little less juiced with steroids. :crazy:

Edited by Zurawski

You know, after looking at the Talon quite a bit, it looks kinda like the YF-23 on steroids. Kinda close I think.

Actualy it looks kinda like this experimental forward swept wings plane:

16.jpg

Edited by BOOM

Btw is it just me or do the radar guided missle's dont work on the talon?

I try and try but i cant take anyone down with them.

Works fine on the other planes.

It's an ALPHA release!!!!! :crazy:

Btw is it just me or do the radar guided missle's dont work on the talon?

I try and try but i cant take anyone down with them.

Works fine on the other planes.

Well then obviously you just suck at using missiles. :tomato:

J/k, but they work fine on my end. Almost too fine... It's like dogfighting MiG-17's in the F-19. :haha:

My USMC submission "Z" man.

3e3b00d6.jpg

uploading now

Edited by Sidewinder86

Here it is kids... Like always, unzip and place within your aircraft directory.

This aircraft is ALPHA… Which means not everything is finished and not everything is implemented… and nothing if final.

Q: Why did I release this in its alpha state? – Easy. I’m looking for some people who know how to paint skins… Of which I’m most definitely not.

If you’re up for the challenge, I’m looking for people to make skins within the following categories:

1.) Movie Based Scheme. (Default skin)

2.) USN. (Modern day scheme)

3.) USMC. (Modern day scheme)

4.) USAF. (Modern day scheme)

5.) Mercenary / what-If / “Other Nation” (Use your imagination!)

Please use the supplied templates judiciously. The panel lines etc. are there for my personal edification… feel free to move them, add more… what ever suites your desired look. My references were limited and I did what I could.

I’ve always been of the mindset that a good skin makes an okay model spectacular… DanW proved that to me time and time again.

Please send your submissions to zur@zur-tech.com The very best get to ride in pole position for each category in the final release package.

Notes:

1.) Cockpit is a placeholder while I work on the actual one… Don’t get attached to it.

2.) If you don’t see or hear the afterburner effect, I “borrowed” from the effect pack and elsewhere… don’t get your undies in a bundle… I intend to supply original ones upon final release.

3.) FM, DM, load out etc are all just trial stuff… again don’t get attached.

Download here: www.Zur-TECH.com

Wow! This really rocks. Good job!!

Here's some more... Um, I guess input on the nose. You may just want to flatten it a bit (or make it not come to a point, more a rounded squarish shape), and make the top of it, along with the cockpit, flat and smooth.

Well then obviously you just suck at using missiles. :tomato:

J/k, but they work fine on my end. Almost too fine... It's like dogfighting MiG-17's in the F-19. :haha:

the missles just self destruct like they dont got a target,

heat seakers work fine.

When i compare it like this:

f-14 phoenix missle works kills no problem in the talon i do the same thing just wont lock.

Missiles work fine for me...AIM-9x and AIM-120's that is...

Here is my Mercenary submission for "Z" man....

d7b9f71f.jpg

69th Mercenary Squadron

Missiles work fine for me...AIM-9x and AIM-120's that is...

Here is my Mercenary submission for "Z" man....

d7b9f71f.jpg

69th Mercenary Squadron

Your skin's just keep getting better and better.

Your skin's just keep getting better and better.

Thanks... this one was fun to do... I like working on fictional, it lets the creative juices flow!

Looking at those pictures, I think the current fueselage is a bit wide. Looks like the body should be fairly slim until you hit the canards, which should also extend to just behind the tip of the nose.

But then I'm just being nitpicky again... :tomato:

Actually, I was thinking that we need Wrench to model one of his famous pilots (i.e. Jessica Biel) as our fearless Stealth aviator. Who cares what the cockpit looks like then?