Sign in to follow this  
Edward

Korean War Mod Update

Korean War Mod Update

Here is the Korean Air War Mod Terrain and Campaign Update.

My thanks go to TK for such a great sim, FNG2k for his groundbreaking work in this area, and especially Charles, Capun and Gramps (the A-Team) for all their help and support.

This is a redone Korea Terrain and Campaign V2.0. I used all new tiles plus got rid of all those "sea mountains"and fixed the water and runways to give them a more 1950's look.

Special thanks to Polak for his water mod, which I have adapted for this terrain. I stongly recommend you download and use Polak's sky mod with this terrain as well.

Installation

1. Delete your old Korea Folder in the Terrain Folder and replace it with this new one.

2. Delete the old Korean War Folder in the Campaign Folder and replace it with this one.

3. Fly.

The Korean War mod has always been one of my favorite SFP1 addons... I am happy to see it updated :)

I am digging this map quite a bit.

Have flown singles on it a bit lately, but would love to see a modern campaign created.

I would give it a go, by basing it on the 50's era and updating, but cannot get the campaign editor working since SP4+.

I have quickly dabbled in notepad, but usually blow it somewhere and it CTD's.

Anyone else have any luck?

Thank you for this great campaign, Edward.

Any chance to add Royal Navy Units with Seafire, Firefly or Seafury to this masterpeace?

Very nice Edward!Korea mod is working great on my Wov fresh install.Any update to this project especially campaigns would be a good attribute to your skills as a modder,as if you haven't done enough for the Korea era.

I have set up the whole Korean War campaign with the latest updates. I can't get the carriers to work and only the F-84 and 2 F-86 campaigns will work . the Mustang, F-80 jus t crash. Any help would be appreciated.

I have set up the whole Korean War campaign with the latest updates. I can't get the carriers to work and only the F-84 and 2 F-86 campaigns will work . the Mustang, F-80 jus t crash. Any help would be appreciated.

I had to go and find the carrier and place it myself.And on F-51d,F-80 and Mig 15 had to download as add-ons from this site to fix WoV Korea War Mod.Edward warned that KWM has only been tested SF1 and not on WoV.Have min. mod skills and what i have learned comes from Combatace "How todo forum".From one newbie to another,GOOD LUCK!

I had to go and find the carrier and place it myself.And on F-51d,F-80 and Mig 15 had to download as add-ons from this site to fix WoV Korea War Mod.Edward warned that KWM has only been tested SF1 and not on WoV.Have min. mod skills and what i have learned comes from Combatace "How todo forum".From one newbie to another,GOOD LUCK!

I am definitly a newbie, thanks, it's appreciated.

I am definitly a newbie, thanks, it's appreciated.

Let me know what you learned about modding KWM and just maybe we can get fix on the whole deal here.I know these modders goto project to project and it's tough to keep a on fix what their working on now!That's their passion Bobtbird.So,the next best thing is to educate ourselves or either that what for xmas to come. :wink:

Where did you find the carrier and where did you place it? I have all the planes in the aircraft folder but the P-51 and F-80 keep going to the Skyraider and then blow up. Frustrating.

I am digging this map quite a bit.

Have flown singles on it a bit lately, but would love to see a modern campaign created.

I would give it a go, by basing it on the 50's era and updating, but cannot get the campaign editor working since SP4+.

I have quickly dabbled in notepad, but usually blow it somewhere and it CTD's.

Anyone else have any luck?

I have an almost finished modern campaign. I just have to finish a few minor details. Almost all modern

aircraft are included. It is based on a preventative strike on North Korea, to stop nuclear weapons. I just

have to add the new f-23A, and it should be ready to upload.

Scrapper

Where did you find the carrier and where did you place it? I have all the planes in the aircraft folder but the P-51 and F-80 keep going to the Skyraider and then blow up. Frustrating.

I found carrier Philipine47,supply (USS Supply)and Buwark along with misc. groundojects in the wrong folder.So,i opened the orgin folder in documents and placed them my self to the WoV groundojects folder.And replaced old rejected file with this new one.Still getting some problems but, there minor.Sorry it took so long to get back to you Bobtbird.My chemo treatments make me mighty sick.

I found carrier Philipine47,supply (USS Supply)and Buwark along with misc. groundojects in the wrong folder.So,i opened the orgin folder in documents and placed them my self to the WoV groundojects folder.And replaced old rejected file with this new one.Still getting some problems but, there minor.Sorry it took so long to get back to you Bobtbird.My chemo treatments make me mighty sick.

Thank you for your input. I am very sorry to hear you are going through chemo. Best of luck to you.

Thank you for your input. I am very sorry to hear you are going through chemo. Best of luck to you.

Appericate that...PM anytime

I have an almost finished modern campaign. I just have to finish a few minor details. Almost all modern

aircraft are included. It is based on a preventative strike on North Korea, to stop nuclear weapons. I just

have to add the new f-23A, and it should be ready to upload.

Scrapper

All right you Scrapper-d00d!

I look very forward to seeing your handiwork.

I was contemplating giving it a go with the F-23A this very evening, great minds do really think alike. :wink:

If you need someone to take a peek from a different angle, let me know. I have done a "bit" of beta testing!

AaronW-at-AirAge.com

Hi

I'd like to try your Korean campaign. I've not got the original Korean file, but simply downloaded your Mod,

Dropped them into Strike Fighters relevent folders, Campaign and Terrain. However it's crashing when I try to fly. Do I need to copy or alter any existing files ?

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Andrew

please, I install this mod in WoE, but when I run display error. in the read me: ...change .cat file for work in woe. I don't understand. how I change .cat file? and Where I find it? many thanks.

I don't understand. how I change .cat file? and Where I find it? many thanks.

You might find help in the knowledge base, reading the article on installing 3rd party terrain.

Edited by TeTeT

Keep slugging WDH. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Skilled artisans like you are hard to come by and let me add my congratulations on your Korean mod work. Well Done!

Hi

I'd like to try your Korean campaign. I've not got the original Korean file, but simply downloaded your Mod,

Dropped them into Strike Fighters relevent folders, Campaign and Terrain. However it's crashing when I try to fly. Do I need to copy or alter any existing files ?

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Andrew

I think it is the age old problem of you needing the desert.cat file from the original Strike Fighter game. I bought it from Amizon for like $10.

Scrapper

I think it is the age old problem of you needing the desert.cat file from the original Strike Fighter game. I bought it from Amizon for like $10.

Scrapper

Hi. I've got the original Strike Figthers CD. A good investment. Do I just copy the desert.cat file and drop it in the Korean terain folder ? need to rename. Sorry if I sound a bit dim. 1st attempt at a mod.

Many thanks

Hi. I've got the original Strike Figthers CD. A good investment. Do I just copy the desert.cat file and drop it in the Korean terain folder ? need to rename. Sorry if I sound a bit dim. 1st attempt at a mod.

Many thanks

I can't remember which it is. Open the korea.ini, in the terrain folder. Is it says something like Catfile = /desert/desert.cat, then you just have to have the desert terrain installed. If it says Catfile = desert.cat then simply copy the file into the korean terrain. If all else fails, try copying it, then try renaming in like korean.cat. Trial and error works sometimes.

Scrapper

I Like this Mod very much and have used it for a long time now. I just now tried the Soviet 1/196th campaign and

it gives me a campaigns.dll error and crashes to desktop all other campaigns seem to work fine though.

I Like this Mod very much and have used it for a long time now. I just now tried the Soviet 1/196th campaign and

it gives me a campaigns.dll error and crashes to desktop all other campaigns seem to work fine though.

You got me excited! I thought the latest update was out.

Is this the Red Falcons Campaign for Korean Air War? If it is, it came out after Charles' first version of the campaign. His second version replaces the campaign files, so you'll have to cut and paste the data for the 196th unit out of the Red Falcons files back into the Korean War_Data.ini and the Korean War.ini files. Also, you'll have to cut and paste the 196th's text document out of the Red Falcons' campaign folder into the Korean War campaign folder (just for a intro when you start the campaign). If you've already done that, then check to make sure you have the MiG-15 flyable by having a cockpit folder and .ini file in the MiG folder.

Well, did a quick search and it appears that this may be related to the the terrain:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...=korean+air+war

Edited by Czech6