Hm... I like the last N28.ini :yes:

Here is a duel vs D.VII. Rename extension to .msn and put into Mission folder

N.28_vs_FokkerD7__1v1_.txt

Here "Kagero Famous Airplanes 001 - Nieuport 1-27"

I found this:

Details.jpg

EDIT: There should be exactly 1-27 and no 28 :unsure:

Edited by EmlD

EmID one more thing... the propeller thing... it still gives that strange edgy look from certain angles....

Have you gotten a chance to test fly the latest version yet?

Tex

Here "Kagero Famous Airplanes 001 - Nieuport 1-27"

I found this:

Details.jpg

EDIT: There should be exactly 1-27 and no 28 :unsure:

The data in this table is incomplete. and does not refer to the N28 at all. The N27 was a very different airplane from the N28.

Another thing Ive been thinkin about art wise.... moving hammers.. ;)

Where would the hammers be located on the N28 guns?? On the inside or outside?

Tex

Another thing Ive been thinkin about art wise.... moving hammers.. ;)

Where would the hammers be located on the N28 guns?? On the inside or outside?

Tex

Cocking handles on the Vickers guns would have been on the fuselage side. They were too small to see from the angles you have available ingame.

Edited by sfabert

Hi. Well done Tex, the new FM looks and feels very good. As already said, you got rid of that side slide...

I flew that mission vs Fokker, i bit him....but not very easy...

Art: rar updated....

37. Propeller reworked, ugly error solwed.???

38. Hammer added and animated, enjoy!

39. Smoke added

40. Loadout.ini by TexMurphy added

coming soon

1. Posting in downloads section on CombatAce after several

tests on last FM edition.

Thanx! EmlD

You rock EmID!! Ill look at the "uggly prop" bug when I get home...

Ill leave the FM alone for a day or so... that way we can get more oppinions in... my general take is that it feels very good and is very nice to fly... question at hand is if it is too uber... I need to do more measurements on the climb rate as well.... but I wount be tweakin it daily at this stage...

Ive got another question... texture resolutions... can textures be off different resolution levels? atm it does look like the texture on the N28 is quite low res, 256x256 or 512x512???

Tex

Hm... I tried changing Fokker pilot training level to ace but that didn't make things better.

AI is still quite dumb. If only further patches gave us something like the one in RB3D which makes human mistakes yet flies aggressively and doesn't allow to sit on his tail...

One minute of following + three seconds of shooting...

post-21726-1169552011_thumb.jpg

Tex, textures are 512x512: separate maps for fuselage, wings(2), nose, and other stuff..

Edited by Gr.Viper

Would it be possible to add high res support for 1024x1024 textures???? Ability for the 3d model to understand both 512 and 1024????

Tex

Yes 1024x1024 is possible, game understaend them.

...but

1024x1024 BMP = 3 MB -----------> game lag (FPS drop) if more aircraft in flight

512x512 BMP = 768 KB

:rolleyes:

No Tex, it isn't to uber....but i can land (hardly) with half cuted wings on same side...

No, isnt't uber......it was very good in real life :)

You can use even 2048x2048. LOD is checking name of the texture not the size. There should be new textureset with different directory containing high res textures, but by my opinion there is only one or two textures which deserves 1024x1024 size. I have good results with resized 1024x1024 to 512x512 and then sharpen (in the Photoshop) filter aplied. Monty

@subject of skin

Reason Im asking is that I really find the plane lines very thick on the N28... Ive skinned a few planes for Aces High and for that game the default skins are always 1024x1024 (then resized before destribution by the game developers to 512 and 256)... I really dont like thick plane lines especially when it comes to "doors" the little "doors" near the front dont look as good as they could and I really do think its just because the low res...

@subject of fm

I know the reason why you can land with one wing and Im glad you reminded me. Inorder to minimize the work when tuning the numbers Ive used the mid section of the wing as the main lift area. It should be but Ive used it to a greater extent then it should be. My plan is to redistribute some of the lift to the wing tips.

That way when you break em off you will have much less lift on that side comepared to now.

Tex

I really dont like thick plane lines especially when it comes to "doors" the little "doors" near the front dont look as good as they could and I really do think its just because the low res...

I thought about that too when looked at the maps. Maybe the lines should be done darker and no so soft if it is possible without resolution chage...

Guest capun
You can use even 2048x2048. LOD is checking name of the texture not the size. There should be new textureset with different directory containing high res textures, but by my opinion there is only one or two textures which deserves 1024x1024 size. I have good results with resized 1024x1024 to 512x512 and then sharpen (in the Photoshop) filter aplied. Monty

To add to Monty's comment. TK mentioned that Hi-res skins have more of an fps impact than poly count. So like Monty said, keeping the texture maps to a minimum (we try to keep it to two) running 2048x2048 should not be a problem for most mid-range systems. Of course it won't run with an MX-400 graphics card but with anything above a ATI 9600XT you should be able to run with most graphic features turned on.

The other thing you need to do is make the flightengine.ini mods. The stock FE settings are a bit low

[GraphicsSettings]

ZBufferDepth=24

MaxVertexCount=16384

MaxIndexCount=32768

MaxTextureCount=16384

MaxModelType=2048

MaxMeshPerScene=2048

MaxModelPerScene=4096

MaxLightPerScene=1024

AspectRatio=1.333333

MinPixelSize=1.0

Black lines on Fuselage texture made thiner, .....

Should i upload for everyone a template.rar with 2048x2048 PSDs ? (27mb)

:)

Yes, Emil, please do! :)

rapidshare... ewwwww... I dont know what peoples obsession is about that horrible site... brrrr...

but for the templates... ohhh well its worth it...

Tex

Tex...

->Image->Image Size-> 2048.......make a new Layer and use the rest as a reference for plane parts....it will fit.

Tex, i flew a bit more, everything seemed to be nice....except the speed, it is to low....157--160 km/h...

Thank you, for your great FM job! I hope, you will help me in further projects... N24 is the next (Wing, half fuselage, VickersMG - reworked RedVonHammers mesh - done)

EmlD

That does sound very low... at what alt was that??

The accell at the end is very slow so you need to stay level for a while to get there but it should be 122mph at sea level... sea level is its best speed range.. increased alt means decrease in speed...

Anyway Ive done a few adjustments so I still got the speed to fix...

Ive done the following

1. Moved lift from top mid wing sections to top wing tips... will make the lift difference between left and right side bigger when wing tips are off...

2. Adjusted climb rate... now Ive got it so that climbing from the deck to 6500 feet takes 5min 24 sec... which is quite good compared to the 6500feet in 5min 30sec which was reported above..

still to do..

3. Adjust speed to 122mph

then I think Im done..

Yeah Id gladly work with you on the N24... Ive done some searches on the net about it and it seems hard to find stats on it... Im sure we will dig up something...

And finally Ive got my test plane... >=)

img000654oi.jpg

Tex

Edited by TexMurphy