Sign in to follow this  
Laton

Bristol M.1C

img1.jpg

Submitted to CombatAce, should be available soonish.

This is my first crack at an aircraft (Modelling/FM/Skinning - the whole thing), so feedback is welcome.

Had a heap of fun building her and learned lots. Hope you guys have as much fun flying her.

Cheers

you suck at beeing a tease... come on screenie!!!! Im at work need screenies!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

cant wait to fly her.

Tex

Nice one! Well done...you are really quick in learning and making a first plane! :clapping:

Edited by EmlD

:ok: Accelerates very well, maneuverable, easy to recognize in a dogfight... AI scores kills on it. Pretty weak armaments, though.

And funny, but on hard the plane is almost impossible to stall. A had to go into 90 degree climb with throttle at minimum to reach the stall speed of about 30km/h.

Exept for the stalling part, this plane is very, very, VERY good indeed! Congratulations :D You made my expectations prove this plane one of the best the british ever had! If this baby would ever be used on the Western Front, it would have made such big of an influence that it would have a huge impact on Airplane designs!

My compliments!

Salute!

RVH

Ran some dogfights on and against Bristol... Maaaaan, this is total overpower - DVII have almost no chances against it. :crazy: The only thing that saves them is the lack of firepower - many Germans get killed with minor damage - mostly engine or pilot hit, but fires and wings falling off are rare. Shooting M.1C is quite a trick and usually I end up with some accidental kills 'cause there is no time to aim at them properly.

This is a great little plane. Thank you very much for it

Funny to see that plane over green pastures...

It was mainly used in the Near East.

Thanks guys.

Based on the feedback I've reworked the FM a bit.

Get it here

Pulled the speed back a bit and it tends to stall out more on the hard flight settings. Still quite a fighter but not as hot as the first edition.

1st crack?

Holy canoli, talk about bustin' out with style!

BristolTagsDr1.jpg

And the man saw my plight, emailed it to me, and talked me

through the install from 6 zipped files.

What a hoot to fly! Excellent visibilty, perfect spot for

the forward view, etc. Just nice. AI likes them as well.

Got jumped by 10 of a mixed flight of Dr1's, and some DVII's.

BristolTagsDVII.jpg

My wingies actually got some hits in, and 2 of 3 made it

back to friendly lines.

Very cool. Thanks Mr.Craig! S!

Erm... one more issue. Don't know whether it is realistic or not. :dntknw: If you loose a stab on hard, you're as good as dead. :sorry: The asymmetric elevators are not a problem on any plane but on Bristol it's also combined with loss of lift :blink: I mean, when the stab is gone the plane immediately starts falling on that side and this barely can be compensated by ailerons. And rolling in the opposite direction is impossible. What's more, you start losing altitude when flying level and cannot climb 'cause... well.. you just can't :grin:

Well, IMHO, the planes in FE in general tend to fly too good with parts missing so this may not be a bad thing. :smile:

Thanks Laton; very nice plane !

One questions though : Why did you put a second engine (5 hp ?!) ?

BTW, she flies fine with just engine number 1 (even a bit too fast).

Maybe that's just pilot waving arms... Or.. Wait, isn't the second engine the rotary engine itself? The first one is prop, dead sure.

Very good point, Viper.

I checked, and the engine doesn't spin anymore with engine 2 removed. I'm learning every day.

The problem is when your main engine is destroyed, the sound keeps going.

Just wanted to bring up that I can't seem to get the guns to unjam.... can anyone else verify this? I alreay made sure I had the key mapped.

Great job, nice model :clapping:

Check that your AIRCRAFTOBJECT.INI has the following in it:

[GunData]

AllowUnjamAttempt=TRUE

Taking notes here guys. I'll try to sort those issues out.