Sign in to follow this  

I fly the AC-47 "Spooky"around on WOV shooting things up. I was wondering if anyone has a mod to one of the C-130's already listed, to convert to AC-130. The weapons for it show up when I loadout on other aircraft. A little hint for Spooky: there are no loadout weapons; miniguns are already installed and you have to look left to see your reticle when engaging targets. Happy Hunting.

There's an AC-130 at Pasko's site:

http://home.earthlink.net/~pasko_patak/

Though I'm having trouble downloading it, as I think he's upgrading his site. You can find it here. I think it's in the cold war aircraft section a couple pages down, with the upload name of Guest.

Yeah, the weapons are in the weaponspack, but you'll need to use the secondary gun key to fire it I think.

Yeah, the weapons are in the weaponspack, but you'll need to use the secondary gun key to fire it I think.

I understand how to fire the guns, but how do i aim to do so?

Not easy. You need to fly level and then put it into a banking turn to depress the guns to hit the ground. It is easy to lose your bearings so you have to re-orientate frequently. Either that or end up ploughing into the dirt. Just practice on something that does not shoot back and you will get the hang of it.

I have a AC130, I think i downlaod for this site. It still in my aircraft file, i don't fly it much cause of the problems with hit targets with it!

It was a lot easier doing it for real, as you didn't have to drive and aim at the same time...

There's an AC-130 at Pasko's site:

http://home.earthlink.net/~pasko_patak/

Though I'm having trouble downloading it, as I think he's upgrading his site. You can find it here. I think it's in the cold war aircraft section a couple pages down, with the upload name of Guest.

Thanks. I'll check it out

If anyone needs practice; don't forget there is the bombing range mod for WOV that you can download. Good place to practice firing and performing manuevers without anybody trying to kill you. It has runway hard targets and everything else you need. After you download click on the pulldown tab Vietnam and it'll be there.

Thanks. I'll check it out

The AC-130 still has download problems

The AC-130 is actually up for download here at CA. Its just a matter of going through the aircraft download pages.

If anybody is into modding he should exchange the 57mm S60 Flak guns for Bofors 40mm.

Then you get a AC130A with surprise package.

S!

Here's the link:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...mp;showfile=538

For some reason it's in object mods. I clearly remember it being in aircraft mods... :blink:

I like to just flip on my side and push down a little so I don't turn as much while looking through the gunsight. It's a little tedious and it may not work with flight model on hard, since I use medium.

Maybe in the future, we can implement AI gunners targeting ground objects (not possilble now) and we can make the AI shoot tanks for us!

I never tried this, but maybe adding an extra sight out of the window will make aiming easier. It would have no crosshairs or alike, but at least you get a view from the airplanes side. Now if there would be a way to add a graphic to the view with the crosshairs and other aiming related information, it would be really great. Take a look for the recon mods that can be used to simulate cameras.

The AC-130 is actually up for download here at CA. Its just a matter of going through the aircraft download pages.

Thanks. I'll take my time looking

Here's the link:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...mp;showfile=538

For some reason it's in object mods. I clearly remember it being in aircraft mods... :blink:

I like to just flip on my side and push down a little so I don't turn as much while looking through the gunsight. It's a little tedious and it may not work with flight model on hard, since I use medium.

Maybe in the future, we can implement AI gunners targeting ground objects (not possilble now) and we can make the AI shoot tanks for us!

Thanks for the link.