Sign in to follow this  
max188

Hi-res Terrain Set Released

I've have finished a Hi‑Res Terrain set for First Eagles and it is now available for download.

From the readme: (full readme here )

----------------------------------------------------

Hi‑res Terrain Set for Third Wire's First Eagles

This is a hi-res terrain set for First Eagles. It replaces all of the original terrain with repainted 512x512 tiles (most of the original is 256x256). This terrain set maintains the default layout of the trees, fields, trenches, rivers, roads, etc., and leverages parts of some of the original textures. The result is a landscape that still has a similar feel as the original terrain, but includes much greater detail and visual appeal.

---------------------------------------------------

You can download the terrain set from my site here. Click on the "First Eagles" tab for the download. Also, please have a look at the readme as well.

Feedback and comments are welcome. Here are a few screenshots, I hope you enjoy the terrain!

max188

fe1.jpg

fe2.jpg

fe3.jpg

fe4.jpg

fe5.jpg

That looks fantastic, Max :good:

I was fan of your work for EAW - good to see you applying your talent to this splendid sim!

Many thanks! :biggrin:

Hawkers

I've updated the terrain set with some changes- the rivers have been darkened (thanks Sully), and some other minor fixes. I've lowered the bitdepth of some of the tiles with no impact in quality. The result is the terrain loads faster in the game, and the download itself is about 1/2 the size.

Also added a new download that includes some supplemental 1024-res tiles. You should see more detail in the main fields, trenches and airfield at low altitude if you use these.