SU-27 US

Here it Is the SU-27 US version! The only changes are the skin (made by marcello) and the edited .INI files (edited by me).

I want to say thanks to marcello for letting me release the aircraft as an US aircraft! and for letting me use his awesome aircraft skin!

File Name: SU-27 US

File Submitter: Falcon161

File Submitted: 17 Mar 2007

File Category: Modern Era Aircraft

Here it Is the SU-27 US version! The only changes are the skin (made by marcello) and the edited .INI files (edited by me).

I want to say thanks to marcello for letting me release the aircraft as an US aircraft! and for letting me use his awesome aircraft skin!

Click here to download this file

dumb question perhaps, but what US squadron operates the SU-27?

Don't get me wrong, great work.

I think for my next project I'll work on a PVO Strany skin for the Raptor......

:biggrin:

Edited by Typhoid

There are none, totally fictional, but exceedingly cool.

Flew one, but there were no stars and bars. Checked the INI, and it was pointing to SU-27, not SU-27_US for the USA-27.tga.

A quick fix.

But now the evilness that is placing of decals rears it's ugly again. I am gonna try to pop a "US Air Force" and a ACC badge on it. I suck at decals, so wish me luck.

Cool skin and repro, gentlemen...

Thanks guys! But most of the credit goes to marcello for his awesome model and skin. If you want to creat a skin for this aircraft be my guest! But make them creative and cool! And spectre you will be suprised to know that Area 51 does have a squadron of SU-27's as well as other russian and foreign aircraft flown by the Red hats. A friend of the family confirmed this for me.

Edited by Falcon161

Thanks guys! But most of the credit goes to marcello for his awesome model and skin. If you want to creat a skin for this aircraft be my guest! But make them creative and cool! And spectre you will be suprised to know that Area 51 does have a squadron of SU-27's as well as other russian and foreign aircraft flown by the Red hats. A friend of the family confirmed this for me.

it has been a few years since my involvement with some of that, but I thought that program stood down.

The two most notable sightings of an Su-27 were in the regions of Lake Tahoe and Yosemite National Park. Accordingly, an F-117 had been seen in the same time frame as the flankers were observed on both occasions. Other Soviet aircraft in United States hands have included the MiG-15, MiG-17, plenty of MiG-21's, MiG-23, Su-22, Mi-2, Mi-8/17, Mi-24, Mi-14 and the Ka-32. What I love best is though, the account of when one of the no longer used Mig-21's worked its way into delivery to a USAF Museum...

In March

1991, the Strategic Air Museum at Offutt Air Force Base received a call

from the Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. They were

told that a new airplane would be arriving soon. The caller did not identify

the type of plane nor any details. The next morning, when the SAC Museum

employees arrived at work, they discovered four large crates had been

dropped off by their back fence. It literally had been done in the middle of

the night. When they opened the crates, they found a MiG 21F.

What I would have given to have been there :smile:

Speaking of foreign aircraft in the U.S. When I was 14 I was visiting my GF in raleigh in 2003. When all of the sudden 2 Grey unmarked SU-37's flew right over her house in formation with 2 F-15C's. We guessed they were heading towards Pope AFB in fayetville. But 2 weeks later they flew over again and we were just as lucky to catch them on my GF's digital camera! And if I can get the camera from my EX GF (we broke up 3 years ago)I will post them up.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised.

I climbed all over a few during my time in, not 27's, but from my timeframe of the 80's...

The # 1 reason why our aircraft are so good at what they do! Because we disect the enemy's weapons finding their weaknesses and exploiting them!

Falcon, pm me youe email address, I might have something that will interest you :smile:

First hand experience with appropriated USSR equipment...

1992 WSMR (White Sands Missile Range) Operation Roving Sands.

We were set up to particiapte in the "air war". One day I was walking out to the launcher when I heard a sound that was unfamiliar to me. Bot a UH-1/60 AH-1/64...

I was looking at the direction of the sound and from the other side of the dune a big @$$ HIND popped out. Much to my amazement. It was so cool to see it like that. It wasn't on our list of friendlies or bad guys.

First hand experience with appropriated USSR equipment...

1992 WSMR (White Sands Missile Range) Operation Roving Sands.

We were set up to particiapte in the "air war". One day I was walking out to the launcher when I heard a sound that was unfamiliar to me. Bot a UH-1/60 AH-1/64...

I was looking at the direction of the sound and from the other side of the dune a big @$$ HIND popped out. Much to my amazement. It was so cool to see it like that. It wasn't on our list of friendlies or bad guys.

my first hand experience included almost getting bagged by a couple of Migs out of NK. They missed.........

then I got to climb over a bunch of gear (not to be further identified) at a time and place which shall remain nameless....

and then on the morning of 4 Jan 89.........

and then on the morning of 4 Jan 89.........

I take it that you are referring to the second Gulf of Sidra incident?

I take it that you are referring to the second Gulf of Sidra incident?

yup. Turned into an interesting watch....

In the early 90's there was at least one Hind in a hanger at the old England Air Force Base, Alexandria, LA. It may still be there.

I was told they used it at Fort Polk.

I'm just wondering where you can unzip an ".ipb" file...

The two most notable sightings of an Su-27 were in the regions of Lake Tahoe and Yosemite National Park. Accordingly, an F-117 had been seen in the same time frame as the flankers were observed on both occasions. Other Soviet aircraft in United States hands have included the MiG-15, MiG-17, plenty of MiG-21's, MiG-23, Su-22, Mi-2, Mi-8/17, Mi-24, Mi-14 and the Ka-32. What I love best is though, the account of when one of the no longer used Mig-21's worked its way into delivery to a USAF Museum...

What I would have given to have been there :smile:

Don't the USAF or DARPA or someone have 20 odd Mig-29s bought from Moldova simply to avoid having Iran or someone undesireable (in US terms) pump up their numbers of available airframes?

I think we do? But Migs arent our problem with Iran it's the fact they have F-14's that astonishes me! But they will probably be no match for american pilots! Cause as israel and the first Iraq war proved, Arab pilots suck!

P.S.

No offense to any middle eastern members of this site. Dont get me wrong I'm not saying that arabs in general are bad! But you can blame those who follow a faux religion and who justify blowing up little children as what god wants them to do!

Look, just that last phrase could start some stuff, so please I would highly recommend future posts return to the topic of a Su-27 in US colors, not the Middle East. I don't want flashbacks from the Ubi boards, I just don't.

Sorry bout that. I am just a little heated about a conversation I had with one of my friends that deals with this paticular subject. But back to the subject of the SU-27 US. I would like to see some people make some skins for this aircraft, like a US navy or RAF skin for it

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?nam...1a8b7d3e6df8719

Here's stuff I did for LOMAC last week.

I'd actually like to be able to open the file, as the one on here is ".ipb" and frankly don't know what that file type is. Is it just the Su-27 by Marcfighter with the nation changed to USAF or USN?

Just change the file extension to what it's supposed to be, i.e. .rar in this case.

It's been working for me.

Yeah true, though I unzipped it using 7zip too, so it doesn't look too bad :)

BTW Falcon161 I took a screenshot for you of it and added to your file description.

Thanks Flanker 562! I'm sorry I didnt put one in there before, but I didnt know how till now. And is there anyone who is interested in making skins for this? I know I seem like I'm practically begging but even though the F-22 like skin is cool we realy need some cool U.S. and allied country skins for this aircraft.

Hey Falcon 161

Any thoughts on westernizing the Flanker to use a US style cockpit, not just a cockpit repaint but US gauges and radar display. And since its a US Su-27..how bout a designation change ..err..F-27A Retaliator or something.