This is just a rehtorical question. Why can't wingman think before firing an IRM to make sure that it is actually locked on to an enemy aircraft and not YOURS!? GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, even without the aid of the latest HUD features, if I'm trying to lock up an IRM to a bandit, and one of my guys is directly in front o me, I would try to get into a better postion so that I wouldn't lock him up back accident. Too bad the AI in these aircrafts really aren't all that intellegent.

Edited by serverandenforcer

This is just a rehtorical question. Why can't wingman think before firing an IRM to make sure that it is actually locked on to an enemy aircraft and not YOURS!? GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, even without the aid of the latest HUD features, if I'm trying to lock up an IRM to a bandit, and one of my guys is directly in front o me, I would try to get into a better postion so that I wouldn't lock him up back accident. Too bad the AI in these aircrafts really aren't all that intellegent.

Did you do somthing to piss him off?All joking aside in my experience the AI somtimes is genius(rarely) and others Dumber than s**t.it also seems to get smarter and dumber at different times.I don't want to call the AI unstable but somtimes it really has a randomness to it.

I used to play a flight sim (I don't recall the title) years ago, and in order to survive a mission, the best thing you could do was shoot down your wingman before you started. That way you only had the enemy shooting at you.

Well, I must be as useless as a wingie

Every now & then I accidently shoot down friendly a/c :blush2:

Surely you all have done that.......hmm, so maybe the AI is realistic afterall !

Well, I must be as useless as a wingie

Every now & then I accidently shoot down friendly a/c :blush2:

Surely you all have done that.......hmm, so maybe the AI is realistic afterall !

Oh, I've done it before, but when it's beyond visual redognition. My wingman in this case was right on my ass! Helllllooooo! Don't fire IRMs when your buddy is right there in front of you. Anyways, I've never shot down one of my guys when I know they were there. Especially when he is knife fighting with my target. I just join up with him and watch his six. I've noticed that actually freaks out the target and they do stupid stuff... such as flying straight into the ground. Now if the roles are reversed, and my buddy is getting pursued at close range from my target, then I just swoop in with guns blazzing.

Edited by serverandenforcer

I recently discovered something odd: my guys would actually get into dogfights with each other because of some invalid settings in a terrain .ini file. 20 seconds with a text editor and everything was fine again. Never would have guessed.

Edited by Tristan

I recently discovered something odd: my guys would actually get into dogfights with each other because of some invalid settings in a terrain .ini file. 20 seconds with a text editor and everything was fine again. Never would have guessed.

That's what happens when you screw the other guy's girlfriend

I have shot a friendly A/C with a sidewinder, locked on to the bad guy fired the missile went out at that moment the friendly A/C crossed between the flight path of the sidewinder and the bad guy, the missile got a new target and CYA! It was that bad guys lucky day! I find the AI wingers could not hit the side of a red barn no matter what weapon is being used!

That's what happens when you screw the other guy's girlfriend

At last, my theory is confirmed.

Same thing happend to me, shot couple of sidewinders on a fighting group killed every aircraft except my target :haha: