Sign in to follow this  
Falcon161

Iran situation

If you have been following the news lately you will already know that Iran has taken hostage 15 british sailors and marines and is not releasing them as promised. I think it is finaly time to send a message to Iran that they can not and will not take prisoners in iraqi waters. I wanna ask everybody here what they think about this situation and what do you think the U.S., U.K., or the U.N should do about this? In my opinion I think we should negotiate for three months and then if they dont comply or dont wanna talk, we should send in special forces and get those men and women out so they can be with their families.

the media seems to keep it a confusing issue line in the water here lines in the water there. iran seems to be trying to send a statement. i think iran needs to pick and choose theyre battles really what was the threat and what can be achevied if it was iranian info the boats had then oops britts but if it was iraqie info beware because were tired of this s**t to quote the commander and chief to tony blair.or close enough

Yeah, I noticed that the media is having a hard time trying to find which waters the incident happened in. And I definitely agree with you.

Let me ask you this, why 3 Israeli soldiers that were in Israeli territory when they were kidnapped

can't spend Passover at their homes? the holiday which celebrates freedom!!

if the world (by that I mean the U.N.) did anything to fight this acts back then, the Iranians would event think

about kidnapping sailors in any territory

I hope all of them come back safe and sound...

the Israeli and the British Soldiers!!!

<S!>

Edited by Nesher

I'm still confused over this whole thing, at which point did the Iranian navy think it's Ok to kidnap British service people. Even if the sailors did find them self’s on the wrong side of an invisible line. What right do the Iranians have to take them captive, if anything it should have been some kind of warning give for the two Zodiacs, tell then to retreat from Iranian waters at once or something of that nature. This whole situation makes me sick; Iran is getting into a pissing match with the wrong kids! That little S.O.D that calls him self the President of Iran in his members only jacket is about to get into a fight! He needs to watch he doesn’t paint him self into a corner! As a Englishman my self I can’t help but get a little pissed, and of course my first reaction was lets just bomb the hell out of then but with people in country that’s not the way to go, I hate to say but we may have to let the diplomats do the job, I would much rather this thing settled at the tip of a sword than a pen, it’s the only thing the thugs running those countries understand!

That’s my 2 cents, sorry to rant!

In that video that they released, I think the sailors themselves said that they were in Iranian waters, but they probably were forced to say that. Most of the accounts I've seen say that it's international waters. Bombing the country won't do much help. Look at Vietnam (I hope it's not too OT or biased), in the Gulf of Tokin incident, the Maddox was supposed to be in international waters, yet the North Vietnamese torpeodoed us. And we bombed them. The funny thing is that (from what I've seen) the British don't seem that conserned, while the U.N. is "gravley concerned" about the incident. The whole thing is messed up, if you ask me...

My 2 cents.

Hope they all come back, unharmed.

I believe the whole deal with the video is 1. the sailors are being forced to read from a script, 2. The iranians love showing that they have sailors captive and taunting the british people (as well as americans) 3. the sheer cowardness of the iranian government. And I know for a fact that they are going to try and use these brave british sailors as a bargaining chip, So that they can get their Nuclear reactor and Nuke weapons program started!

Ok..I'm going to keep this open,for now,you can state your point but don't let it get out of hand.This is a very heated subject around the world and while I don't approve of the actions of iran,we don't allow political discussions.Give your support for the hostages and then move on.

The Iranians are just going to use this as a bargaining chip.

They want to see what Britain , UN, and US will do.

I would almost bet that the part of that river is now patroled by a guided missile frigate at least.

Remember,the Iranian average person could care less about this. There stuck with this government.

As for the nuclear problem, there is a country to the west of Iran that as soon as it thinks that the nuclear reactor or what it is making is a direct threat to their nation it will take care of the problem.

The only way we could stop them would be to shoot down the IAF enroute to Iran.

Tony Blair might be having problems with his government,but this might just galvanize the people together.

(My opinion only,on entire topic)

Let's all say a prayer for their quick return!!!

Edited by ezlead

I dont mean for this to be a political or heated disscusion, I just want to see what everybody thinks about it.

I dont mean for this to be a political or heated disscusion, I just want to see what everybody thinks about it.

It is a big deal in the UK - has been the main headline since they went missing. Both sides claim they have proof the sailers were in either Iraqi or Iranian waters - bearing in mind the actual borders were still disputed between Iraq and Iran anyway.

Blair/ Beckett and other ministers have now got the EU and UN to ask for the immediate release and to stop parading the servicemen on TV(which is illegal they say) and Iam pretty sure this will be dealt with diplomatically for the foreseeable future.

A couple of the boat crew have admitted on video to being in Iranian waters - though its difficult to tell what they have been through. It may be likely that the Iranians are not happy that some of their people are being held in undisclosed locations. It is claimed by the media also that the revolutionary Guard have a big say in the running of the country and some hardliners may want to keep them.

Whatever happens I hope they come back soon.

Actually one of the things annoying me at the mo is that they have made the woman sailer (Faye Turney) wear one of their headscaves/veils - cheeky sods!!

So far it hasn't...I am lucky in that I can go to different political boards and post my real thoughts in public.If you feel you must do that,please find one of those boards and get it off your chest there,and not here.I would have been banned for what I had to say..if that tells you anything. :good:

Me too dude. But I just hope that they come home safe and unharmed, And just to let the UK forum members know that these brave soldiers will be in this future U.S. Marines Prayers.-Semper FI Royal Navy!

I would do what Ronald Reagan did, give them a timeline to release the hostages or else. You know as well as I do that Iran saw an oportunity and abused it. What I am wondering with all this GPS info, is why we didn't get any satellite pics of the gulf while this was happening? Reconnaissance pics from an aircraft or satellite would definitively resolve who's honesty is questionable here as it did during the Cuban missile crisis. But at this point it's obvious, now they want a trade for the 5 Iranians caught in Iraq (out of their territorial waters???) for the 15 UK Sailors! Seems like 1979 all over again it's time for the UK to make it 1980 like Reagan did. Funny how the hostages got a plane ride home right before Reagan's inaugaration.

Sp2

Edited by Splash2