Sign in to follow this  
Laton

WIP - Morane-Saulnier Type L

Hi guys,

Next up from me - one of the single seat "parasol" fighters for you early-war types :biggrin:

MSL2.jpg

MSL1.jpg

MSL3.jpg

Cheers

edit to add: v. Deutschmark will be supplying skins for this one as well.

Edited by Laton

Looking at the detailed models of these period aircraft, the guys that flew them must have had balls the size of coconuts or just flat didn't know any better!

Laton...that is looking so GOOD!!! Being an early plane junky am really anticipating this one... This is going to be a fine addition Sir. So how's she coming along?......he asked eagerly.

Mountain-man

Coming along - I'g got to add rigging around the tail and adjust the pit area a little. Long weekend coming up :biggrin:

so I'll be trying to get it mapped. The prop shown is a place holder - thats now been replaced with one of the correct shape & size.

Great job Laton

When you do the prop are you going to include bullet deflectors? I think P10ppy was going to include deflectors on the Bullet or at least modify the dispersal of the bullets to simulate them. Didn't Roland Garros fly the Type L?

LloydNB

He did.

And Warneford, who was the first who brought down a mid-air Zepp, did fly L too.

Great job Laton

When you do the prop are you going to include bullet deflectors? I think P10ppy was going to include deflectors on the Bullet or at least modify the dispersal of the bullets to simulate them. Didn't Roland Garros fly the Type L?

LloydNB

I have to say its something I hadn't got around to thinking about - but I don't see why not. Putting the deflectors themselves on is a pretty simple job.

The Morane Parasol has had a bad press over the years, but Cecil Lewis, "Sagittarius Rising", liked it.

Progress: Mapping is pretty much done.

imgwip2.jpg

imgwip1.jpg

and the first set has gone off to v. Deutschmark

peter01 (author of the revised Fokker E.III/E.IV etc FM's) has kindly agreed to take a crack at the FM :good:

as soon as I sort out the boxes/collision points and get a few details for him.

Damage nodes up after that.

Edited by Laton

Progress: Mapping is pretty much done.

imgwip2.jpg

imgwip1.jpg

and the first set has gone off to v. Deutschmark

peter01 (author of the revised Fokker E.III/E.IV etc FM's) has kindly agreed to take a crack at the FM :good:

as soon as I sort out the boxes/collision points and get a few details for him.

Damage nodes up after that.

thank you for the update,I like a lot of people here are really liking what we see.Thanks for the excellent effort.

Laton

I'm looking forward to skinning this one.

LloydNB

You could also put crosses on it and turn it into a Pfalz Parasol, which was a licence-built copy of the Morane.

I think the only visible difference between the two was the Pfalz had two extra diagonal struts on the rear of the engine cowling, going up to the wing leading edge, in line with the cabane struts.

Regards.

Bucky.

You could also put crosses on it and turn it into a Pfalz Parasol, which was a licence-built copy of the Morane.

I think the only visible difference between the two was the Pfalz had two extra diagonal struts on the rear of the engine cowling, going up to the wing leading edge, in line with the cabane struts.

Regards.

Bucky.

Bucky,

Fine idea, I'll do that modification once the Type L is released :cool:

And a few more.

This is a place-holder skin so I could check mapping for errors in-game (and found a few :blush2: ), probably won't be part of the release.

act2.jpg

act1.jpg

Actually Laton, after a bit more checking, it turns out there's no difference between the Morane and Pfalz at all.

The Morane had those diagonal struts too. This pic illustrates what I mean:

http://www.wwi-models.org/Images/Rada/Allied/Moranne-06.jpg

I'm sure you knew that already though...The models coming along nicely, great work, well done!

Any plans for your next project?

Regards.

Bucky.

Edited by Southside Bucky

Bucky, good catch.

Some research indicates that: (takes breath) the Pfalz E.III was the armed version of the Pfalz E.II which was in turn the up-engined version of the Pfalz A.1 which was the licence built Type L.

Hence a Pfalz E.III is in the works with a single Spandau in place of the Vickers.

EIII.jpg

Which makes for some interesting dogfights

parafight.jpg

Edited by Laton

(S!) ALL hi ;-)

This is the Stock skin for Laton’s MSL, thought I would give you all a pre-look.

post-21432-1176112538_thumb.jpg

post-21432-1176112552_thumb.jpg

post-21432-1176112567_thumb.jpg

your friend in the FE sky & the paint shop ;-)

v. Deutschmark

(S!) ALL hi ;-)

I just re-did the ribbing on the body,

I thought it was much to prominent the first time.

I think it looks a lot better now.

post-21432-1176117444_thumb.jpg

post-21432-1176117459_thumb.jpg

post-21432-1176117535_thumb.jpg

your friend in the FE sky & the paint shop ;-)

v. Deutschmark