Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

Ok Like I'm the only one!

There was the time she caught me playing "Neverwinter Nights" one Saturday Morning while listening to "Lunch Lady Land"...she asked why that game was 'fun' to wit I replied because when will I ever get to kill a Beholder...she blinked...I didnt bother to try to explain that one...just turned the game off and we went to the beach...seemed better than divorce...

I was 6 and my Aunt too me to see ANH when it came out. There was no way i could have understood it, but i am told that Star Wars was all i talked about for weeks. For Halloween i was C-3PO and have a picture somewhere of me in my costume. For Christmas that year i got the now famous Empty Early Bird kit and i still have those action figures thanks to the same Aunt who put them away after she caught me chewing on the inside part of lukes double telescoping lightsaber.

When Empire came out, i rode my bike across town and used my lunch money to see it, I got in alot of trouble for that one but it was worth it. Return of the Jedi was really cool, because i was raised in Florida by my grandparents and when ROTJ came out we were back in ohio visiting Family and my Mom took me to see it.

Those Movies started an addiction, I had most of the toys,books,bedding and anything else star wars related growing up, but i was too destructive and alot of it ended up worn-out,ruined by fireworks or traded for G.I. Joe Toys and other stupid things kids do.

When they started making new toys in 95, i could finally buy whatever i wanted and i have a pretty good collection now. Ebay helped me find things that were not in the local stores and i was able to sell some stuff to buy other things. I collect Star Wars things like i did as a kid, Nothing really super rare or valuable but i have a ton of Toys,Video Games,Books ect.

I play Star Wars Galaxies and this past year the game has made some great improvements, dispite what you will hear on the MMORPG websites. The game has a really bad reputation, but the old Dev team was fired after they revamped the game and drove tons of players away and the new Team is doing a pretty good job.

Probably the coolest thing was turning my Girlfriend into a geek, I know how Sparkomatic feels! She watches the movies with me and keeps an eye open for stuff when she is out shopping and has found some really cool things for my collection, like a complete set of ESB Burger king glasses that she stumbled onto at a thrift store.

If i had all the Money i have given George Lucas over the years i would be rich, but for some strange reason i'd rather have my collection! :biggrin:

I saw Star Wars at "The Quad" in Saginaw, Michigan, back when the quad actually had FOUR screens and let me tell you, a four screen theater was a BIG DEAL back then... I was 12 and that movie was a long, long time ago in a past, far, far away...

Oh man, I remember "The Quad"--only went there once (and not for SW) but yeah, it was a big deal back then, lol.

I saw ESB at a 3 screen theater in Miami. I remember standing in line for 2 hours. I also remember someone had a radio they were listening to and "Funkytown" and "Cars" played. :grin:

Nah was about 1 in 1977 so didnt see any of them till the early 80s - but still think they are great.

Out of the new films IMO -

Episode 1 = Hate it with a passion

Episode 2 = Better than episode 1

Episode 3 = Good

I almost agree. I just cannot hate a Star Wars Movie, but i think that "Episode 2 being Better than episode 1" wasn't exactly a big challenge.

Wow...old thread. :ohmy:

I have no idea what you guys are on about in this one...there are only 3 Star Wars movies: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. I saw the original when I was 11 years old, 5 times the summer of 1977 and twice more before it left theaters that fall.

The other three "excuses" for films are IMPOSTORS and hence shall never be accepted as such... :banned: Besides, George Lucas almost completely IGNORED the storyline painstakingly laid out in the novels, so POOH! on him.:punish:

I wasn't born yet when the IV, V and VI came out but I did go see them at their re-release date... and I hate VI's new end-song... :bad:

So who's going to see them in their 3D-re-release???

Avoiding the 3D movies like the plague. I have all 6 theatrical versions of the SW movies and that's enough for me. I have to admit though I really don't like the whole 3D movie thing anyway...personally think it's just as much a gimmick now as it was in the 50's.

I was 4 yrs old when episode IV came out and probably didn't get to see it until i was 7 or 8.Being 1 of 5 children,my parents did well just to feed and clothe us let alone take us to a movie or two.But 1 day in the summer of '80('81?) i was watching TV one afternoon and behold!A New Hope came on!I was absolutely stunned thru the whole movie!Hooked.Instantly.

So for the next few months before Christmas,I pleaded with my mom and dad to get me the toys,figures,anything that was sold having to do with Star Wars.They always told me that they would try but money is tight and you kids need to eat and get clothes for school!

Long story short, i had 1 present under the tree that Christmas....and I couldn't have been more happy in my life!Rippin' in and feast my eyes on the "Battle Damage X-Wing with Luke Skywalker" figurine!

Simple, not extravagant in any way,but I cried for an hour just looking at it!

Like I said......HOOKED.

i saw the 90s re releases at the cinema ...i was only born in 1984 so the originals were already on tv by the time i was old enough to remember first watching them i didnt realy get the story but most of the time i would be playing with the lego bricks whilst they were on so it is not surprising lol..

so the special edition releases were the first time i had properly sat down and watched em though i knew i liked them enough to want to see them at the cinema when my mother suggested it ....so amazingly the whole i am your father line actualy came as a revelation....

funny thing is .. ....i never saw the prequels at the cinema either though i have seen them before on DVD ......i only just saw episode 1 in 3d recently .....so im gonna be seeing 2 and 3 in 3d just to say i have seen em all at the cinema at some point lol

i dont realy care much for the prequels over the original but i liked 2 better than 1 (witch sucks balls) and 3 is the best of the prequels simply cos it finaly puts stuff into motion ..im not gonna say its awesome but its my fave of those 3 films (my fave all round is return of the jedi)

im not a big fan of the expanded universe either ....but i do like the young jedi knight novels .....and a few of the characters that have been created ..like mara jade skywalker and kyle katarn

so naturaly im playing a modded empire at war lol

Edited by tonyspike