Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

Ok Like I'm the only one!

Come on fess up..you know who you are,you stood in line to see the origional Star Wars ,just like me.

Actually no, I saw them on DVD or VHS :smile:

Come on fess up..you know who you are,you stood in line to see the origional Star Wars ,just like me.

I've seen the first three Star Wars in the theater when I was a kid. After the first movie I spent weeks wishing I was Luke Skywalker. I haven't seen any of the three new movies. Keep meaning to but soemthing always comes up.

I like them,but they don't have that "feel"the original did.

Nope, saw the first Star Wars when I was a kid in a drive in.

FastCargo

Not only did I see all 3 originals in the theater, they're some of the few things that I still remember from back then!

I remember seeing the commercial on TV for SW...Luke walks into the bay and says "what a piece of junk!" I remember thinking, "Yeah, what a junky spaceship!"

My mother told me I sat for 2 hours with my mouth open watching it. :grin:

I remember standing in line for over 2 hours to see ESB. They were selling the Marvel comic adaptation and drinks and food on line outside! Someone had a boombox playing to pass the time, and I recall Gary Nunan's "Cars" playing. I bought the comic, but my parents convinced me NOT to look at it until after we saw the movie. Good thing!! :ohmy:

I don't remember as much about ROTJ's release.

HAHAHAHA! I was born just after the first one came out :tongue: I had the chance to see "A new Hope" at a cinema a while back and it certainly rocked more than seeing it at home!

Not only did I see all 3 originals in the theater, they're some of the few things that I still remember from back then!

I remember seeing the commercial on TV for SW...Luke walks into the bay and says "what a piece of junk!" I remember thinking, "Yeah, what a junky spaceship!"

My mother told me I sat for 2 hours with my mouth open watching it. :grin:

I remember standing in line for over 2 hours to see ESB. They were selling the Marvel comic adaptation and drinks and food on line outside! Someone had a boombox playing to pass the time, and I recall Gary Nunan's "Cars" playing. I bought the comic, but my parents convinced me NOT to look at it until after we saw the movie. Good thing!! :ohmy:

I don't remember as much about ROTJ's release.

I was just a kid (7 or 8) when the first one came out. My older brother took me to see it, and since he didn't want to get stuck in all the traffic after the show, we left early. It was years before I got to see the what happened after the Deathstar exploded. For weeks my friends and I would cup our hands over our mouths whenever we talked trying to sound like Darth Vader. It drove the parents nuts.

You know, I don't go by "Jedi Master" for nothing. :wink:

I was only 4 when the first SW came out, so the fact that I remember seeing the commercial before the film speaks volumes. :grin:

When they had the rerelease of the special editions 10 years ago I was thrilled to see it in a theater again, although I already had a home theater and the laserdiscs back then so it's not like I'd been watching it on a 19" screen only for the past 20 years.

yes, i remember waiting in line for the original when it opened at Yokota AB, Japan back in the olden days. I was just a young buck airman at the time. i still cant get enough of the movies. my wife swears im a sw geek but i just love watching the movies.

I saw all of them in the theater when they were released. I remember it well too.

Yeah, I saw em all in the theater too.

I remember when New Hope came out, they still had intermission....there was a small break right when the Falcon got captured by the Death Star....I can remember being like 5 or 6, so disappointed cause I thought the movie was over already.

Intermission? They didn't do that when I saw it. Must have been a regional and/or theater thing.

alright!! theres old guys like me here too..I wish I could say my parents took me.

My mom took me to see New Hope in 1977. I was 7 at the time. It really opened up my imagination. I saw them twice in theatres. Once in way in front :biggrin::cool:

When Lucas re released them I took my cuz's to see them. They were same age I was when I saw New Hope. That was cool :grin:

The Empire Strikes Back was the only one of the original 3 I saw in the theater, I really didn't get into SW until around the time Ep. 1 came out and I made sure to see all of the second trilogy on the big screen. ESB is still my fave though, although ROTS is close behind.

I saw Star Wars at "The Quad" in Saginaw, Michigan, back when the quad actually had FOUR screens and let me tell you, a four screen theater was a BIG DEAL back then... I was 12 and that movie was a long, long time ago in a past, far, far away...

Nah was about 1 in 1977 so didnt see any of them till the early 80s - but still think they are great.

Out of the new films IMO -

Episode 1 = Hate it with a passion

Episode 2 = Better than episode 1

Episode 3 = Good

saw the original...at a "drive in"...now who here even remembers what that is?

I saw quite a few back in the day...but the last one by me closed mid-80s.

Being my birthday, I watched the 1977 "theatrical" release...you know the one where Han shot first...tonight...then I had to explain to my wife who people were (I know, some people have not watched it)

So...Ben trained Anakin who became Vader, yes the guy with the big helmet...and then Vader...what, no I do not know how the Princess did her hair that way...no her b00bs are taped down, it was made for kids and...no the "bear" is a "Wookie" and he has a life debt to Han...well, no that is not in the movie, its in the books...well then Luke helps, what? No Han is a bad guy (drug runner) who becomes a good guy, you see it is loosely based on Jungian Theory and "Hero with a Thousand Faces" so the point is that every one can be good...yes, Anakin was good, then became evil, then becomes good again because he...yes, Luke does like the Princess but they dont know yet that they are twins...that happens latter, no, before they did anything like that, it is for kids you know...

Perhaps it would be best to see all 6 films BEFORE getting into lengthy explanations?? :grin:

Well she was asking about the characters as they showed up, and being the über-geek that I am...yeah you are right...but its true that things we like always sound silly to other people

So you spent Friday night in front of a computer pretending to fly a 1960's aircraft...

Actually, I spent Friday night on the island of Sahrani pacifying some Russian-supplied insurgents...and in the former USSR state of Georgia, fighting Russian-backed troops. :grin: