havent seen this plane talked about since i was playing Janes Fighters Anthology. they had it in there as a hidden aircraft.

Would definately test ones ability to plan a landing curcuit and attain the necessary glide-slope to put this bird down...

Hmm...

Do we have an airstrip long enough to land and stop this bird or do we need someone to build a salt flat terrain? :blink:

Put a hook on it an you can splash them on a carriers deck.. Zur Isn`t this a plane for you... Maybe a interceptor version would be interesting. a weaponsbay and some rockets or jdams and you have a fine bomber for the whole world.

Put a hook on it an you can splash them on a carriers deck.. Zur Isn`t this a plane for you... Maybe a interceptor version would be interesting. a weaponsbay and some rockets or jdams and you have a fine bomber for the whole world.

LOL!

Some of guys are starting to know me too well...

I thing this bird is almost as long as some carrier decks... granted, the landing would be spectacular... but where the heck do you park the beast? :dntknw:

I'm pretty sure he did, and Jedi Master knows what to say and what not to say as well and his sources.

They shouldn't be saying anything. They are good for the time until you die. So I think that guy who talked to JM is full of crap or is running him mouth too much. This stuff isn't a joke. Doing nuke maint and then moving to C2 I got stuff that if I ever talk about it....I go to jail for 20 years....period. Its called national security. Not X Files....some one trying to make himself out to be bigger than he is.

They shouldn't be saying anything. They are good for the time until you die. So I think that guy who talked to JM is full of crap or is running him mouth too much. This stuff isn't a joke. Doing nuke maint and then moving to C2 I got stuff that if I ever talk about it....I go to jail for 20 years....period. Its called national security. Not X Files....some one trying to make himself out to be bigger than he is.

True- this Lightnings squadron pilot I know, he doesnt talk very much about what they do, he'll quietly nurse his drink, on occasion bring a picture or two with him, pretty much a wall when you try and get something out of him about the bird. When I asked him how certain systems work, he gave me a Flanker 2.5 CD.

When I protested he told me to come join the air-force :biggrin:

Fair enough, but who knows for sure though....

Heh, I'd forgotten all about this one. :grin:

This plane should go with the other "what could have beens" like the AB-equipped Corsair II.

For those curious about the size of this thing:

I can just see this pic resurfacing on some cheezy history chanel documentary about UFO's and how the Air Force is causing cancer through high altitude contrails again...

Edit: Besides, everyone knows that cancer is caused by hippies.

post-24808-1213774443_thumb.jpg

Edited by Klavs81

Watch it fella, ur treading on thin ice... besides we saved the world from itself.

Say one word more and ill cluster bomb u with flower petals. :biggrin:

Nice pic, but not true to life. If that F-15 starts his engines, the other plane gets its wingtip right in the efflux. If it moves first, you have to move it creatively to avoid hitting the F-15!

Ahh, the Aurora... nice times in Jane's Fighters Anthology, breaking through the ceiling sky... those scramjets sure were noisy... :haha:

About that pic, wouldn't the Aurora be towed away?

Nice pic, but not true to life. If that F-15 starts his engines, the other plane gets its wingtip right in the efflux. If it moves first, you have to move it creatively to avoid hitting the F-15!

what if they were towed into that position for a reveiw by some general? :wink:

I love it...

It's got that "Star Destroyer" feel to it.

"You are in command now... Admiral Piett!!!"

:starwars:

Watch it fella, ur treading on thin ice... besides we saved the world from itself.

Say one word more and ill cluster bomb u with flower petals. :biggrin:

Don't you know that new scientific studies have found that flower petals can cause cancer now :biggrin:

"There are no limits on the amount of pesticide residues on these plants," says Richard Wiles, vice president for research at the Environmental Working Group. "The result is a highly toxic workplace and a highly toxic rose."