Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Any Cyclist out there?

Just got me a new Diamondback and at 38 Years Old, I started riding again. I used to ride 10-15 miles 2-3 time a week (back in my late teens, early 20's), so yesterday I thought I had the nads to ride 20 miles......wound up doing 30 miles in 3 hours. Loved it. can't wait to ride some more, and I can't wait to travel a little to places within reach to ride trails wherever.

Do you have a favorite place to ride...let me know. Here's mine: http://www.indygreenways.org/trails-maps.htm

Here's my bike:

med_gallery_6_1_234356.jpg

Guest Tazkiller

Edited by Tazkiller

Back in the day... The photo in my profile is me in 2001. I was 5th at the Canadian National Championships (1000m on the velodrome). I use to put on 100-120km(70miles, I think) a couple times a week plus a hell of alot of weights and sprint training sessions in the summer! I loved riding, but after maxing out my credit competing at olympic trials, etc... takes its toll!

Just riding about, I can't say enough good about it. You have sturdy ride, a good route(and some nice female joggers going by in the opposite direction), nothing better on a warm summer afternoon!

Hi guys, interesting thread.

Here's a picture of my bike (a Giant ONCE TCR - 2003 - with Campag Centaur groupset) which I cycle to work each day (~75 miles a week) and also my favorite route near to where I live in the UK, the Isle of Wight.

Cheers, regards, P.T.

ONCEGiantTCR.jpg

cwiw2.jpg

When i was still with the police department i asked to be put on the bike patrol unit! My balls are still pissed at me, OUCH!!!

But going thru the IPMBA traning was great fun!

Edited by Redddevil911

Thinking today about getting back into it myself! It's been about a year. Lots of good biking here in flat central Florida. I think you just gave me the push I need.

Thanks!

That's exactly my problem--I hate flat expanses. I like a little rolling. When I lived in S Florida years ago, I was near a bike path that was built with small hills in it, so you had some elevation changes. I moved here and it's just boring. :grin:

That's exactly my problem--I hate flat expanses. I like a little rolling. When I lived in S Florida years ago, I was near a bike path that was built with small hills in it, so you had some elevation changes. I moved here and it's just boring. :grin:

The west central part of the state gets surprisingly hilly - try San Antonio or St. Leo. Lots of good routes there.

I like biking out of the garage, I'm not going to drive an hour in crappy traffic to get there. :wink:

I do a lot of mountian biking here in NH. There are trails just about everywhere and I don't have to worry about the road traffic. In the summer we head up to the ski slopes and bike down like a bat out of hell. People think that coming down is the easy part, what with gravity and all, but it actually takes a good deal of effort not to kill yourself.

I think the scariest thing I've ever done is ride my mnt. bike (with it's mud tires) down a seriously steep 7 mile long paved road. I hit 54mph and nearly crapped myself when I went through a small patch of sand at the bottom of the hill. The bike wobbled a bit but I didn't lose it. Only tried it once.

Thought this was pretty wicked.

wireframefull.jpg

Back in '95 I walked into the local bike shop and told the dealer I was looking for a reasonably priced bike made in America that could handle my fat butt jumping it off curbs and the like. He walked over to a Specialized, hiked the seat up and said, "try 'er out". Its been happiness ever since...except when I went ass over handlebars in the driveway trying to ride down a line of railroad ties...or when I did the same thing going down a flight of stairs that were too steep. :haha: My wife thinks Im a bit daft. But nothing I like more than biking down a quiet trail in the desert or even alongside the road around town. Ive actually had a gal pull over and tell me I had great legs one time...THAT made my day! :yes: Still got my bike and yes, I still ride it when I can. :good:

Just did 40 miles this morning......wrists are neck are sore..... but I couldn't ask for a better day to ride.

Hope everyones getting their exercise.

That time of year again. I'm looking at getting a new bike geared more for the off-road trails. The DB is a hybrid and great for paved and limestone trails, but not a true mountain bike. Pipe in if you have any advice.

Looking at getting one of the following:

Trek Series-6

http://www.trekbikes.com/int/en/bikes/2008...6_series/6300e/

post-22-1210123396_thumb.jpg

IronHorse Warrior

30-9889-GRN-SIDE.jpg