Sign in to follow this  

Hello.

As you may or may not yet know, I am in work on an EXTENSIVE MTO/ETO mod that's all about the Tuskegee Airmen(forum topic: Coming soon to a CombatACE near u....). I have many aircraft in the campaigns flying against Luftwaffe or Italian fighters, but there are no Swastika kill markings to show for them. I have already made attempts to make some kill marking TGAs myself, but it has come to be that I simply do not have the means whatsoever.

What I have come to ask is, is there anyone out there with a set of "Luftwaffe" kill decals? And if there is not, can someone PLEASE teach me to make them. This is IMPERATIVE to the success of this mod.

Thank You in advance, whether or not you can come to my aid. I thank you.

AT3

Edited by SidDogg

SidDogg

I have a set of Kill markings I could send you. You need to relax. Let me know where to send them. You can see the kill markings on this Spitfire:

img00006_16.jpg

By the way you should use my Tunisia Malta Terrain for your project.

Edward

Edited by Edward

SidDogg

I have a set of Kill markings I could send you. You need to relax. Let me know where to send them. You can see the kill markings on this Spitfire:

img00006_16.jpg

By the way you should use my Tunisia Malta Terrain for your project.

Edward

hehe that's what i'm doing :biggrin:

I'm lettin you know now there are some key airfields and target areas missing which i am adding in if you don't mind :biggrin:

Speaking of that, did you get my message about the terrain combination?

my email is: pantherf9@hotmail.com - send em there

AT3

It's like creating any other decal, except you'd need a LOT of them -- 99 to be exact!!

It seems there are single marking for 1-9, then a single with "10", then a "10" with 9 singles, a "20", then the process repeats until "50"

I can create you a single one with no problem; other than your aircraft would soon be COVERED in them...

You want the standard 'black cross' or the 'twisted cross'???

From you post, I'm assuming you image program can't handlge tga's with alpha channel?? If you don't have Photoshop, you can try Gimp (I've never used it meself, but they say it's good)

Wrench

kevin stein

edit: it seem edward has the situatiion well in hand!!!

It's like creating any other decal, except you'd need a LOT of them -- 99 to be exact!!

It seems there are single marking for 1-9, then a single with "10", then a "10" with 9 singles, a "20", then the process repeats until "50"

Oh, I know that :wink:

What I need is a FREEWARE program that can do alpha channel TGA's for me.....what i initially did was create them in Paint, and then successfully converted them to TGA format using certain utilities. the thing is, i can't get them to be transparent like the standard kill markings, so when i attempt to put them aboard the aircraft, it voids out the entire BMP texture on that particular mesh. So, Although I will try Gimp, I just need to find a workaround for that problem and i'll be set...

AT3

SidDogg

Send them there please :cool:

Edward

ohhhh, yah! soooooooooooo sorry. perrty please :blush:

NIIIIIICEE :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You Know, you should upload these to CombatACE

People could use those :wink:

Did you say "Paint"?

As in "MS Paint"?

Did you say "Paint"?

As in "MS Paint"?

yep :biggrin:

you need to get some new tools, son!

SidDogg

Nobody is really interested in the WW2 stuff, except a very few.

Edward

SidDogg

Nobody is really interested in the WW2 stuff, except a very few.

Edward

Yeah, I know :sorry:

That is why I am doing this. I intend to change that :biggrin: I have always wanted to do this, just didn't have the time nor means. But now I have both :wink:

you need to get some new tools, son!

hahah yeah i know :biggrin:

Edward!!! I'm shocked!!! ... shocked I tell you!!

You know there'as at least 18 of us still building/playing the WW2 stuff!! :biggrin:

:rofl:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Yes,

Let me add my voice to the merry throng of WW2 Propheads :biggrin:

SidDog, I am looking forward to your mod bigtime - good luck with that project :cool:

Edward & Wrench - thanks again, guys, for your massive contribution to these sims :good:

Cheers,

baltika

You know there'as at least 18 of us still building/playing the WW2 stuff!! :biggrin:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

I've just recently got in to the WW2 stuff and I'm completely hooked. I've spent the last couple of weeks filling my hard-drive with Nazi, Jap, and Allied stuff. I think I'm addicted; I've been having dreams of getting shot down over the Channel.

YAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!

I finally made some of my own...... FOR FREEEEE :biggrin:

post-2412-1179861402_thumb.jpg

WOOHOO YAYY MEEE :clapping::clapping::clapping:

.....more kill markings to come....... [ >=D ]

SidDogg, if you're using Paint for your skinning, you could go miles better with a different program; The Gimp. It's completely free and is almost upto scratch with Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro.

Oh, and nice kill markings mate! :smile:

Edited by bibbolicious

Wrench

Kevin Stein

ummm, 19... :wink:

SidDogg, if you're using Paint for your skinning, you could go miles better with a different program; The Gimp. It's completely free and is almost upto scratch with Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro.

Oh, and nice kill markings mate! :smile:

THAT'S WHAT I USED, GUY :rolleyes:

ain't no way you could do it with paint; can't create alpha channels [already tried :crazy: ]

THAT'S WHAT I USED, GUY :rolleyes:

ain't no way you could do it with paint; can't create alpha channels [already tried :crazy: ]

Hey Sid,

Osprey just released a book about the 332nd. Check on it!!!!We have to wait a few more weeks before getting it in Canada.

Hey Sid,

Osprey just released a book about the 332nd. Check on it!!!!We have to wait a few more weeks before getting it in Canada.

coool :biggrin:

google books lets you take a look inside for a few random pages..... maybe there are some good pics :biggrin: