Sign in to follow this  
keith

Hi Guys first post!

There's something spooky about Creedance Clearwater Revival and Wings over Vietnam... Real music, real planes!

Here I am listening to Fogerty on my mp3 player in the office and my mind is in my Crusader cockpit just going 'Feet Dry', SHOWTIME on the r/t and a bunch of B29s over to my right...

I play FSX, BoB2:WoV and IL2:1946 but there's something about the TW series that keeps on drawing me back in. I have just installed the BoB campaign (used the SEAVietnam cat file so no airfield buildings) and it's a real blast! BoB2 is great but you struggle just to survive and IL2 has no atmosphere but WoV is easy to enjoy.

I use TrackIR4+ProClip, AudioFX Headset (FOGERTY!!!!) and Saitek Aviator stick.

Acer 9504WLMi, 2Gb Ram, Pentium M 760 2Ghz, ATI X700 256Mb, 100Gb 7200rpm HDD.

Welcome aboard! It's a great community at CombatAce and SF is a great sim! I hope you enjoy your stay... :yes:

I have to say that CombatAce and Shockwave are the 2 friendliest sim forums on the web.

Welcome to Combat Ace, I love this site too, its the best on the web and the people here are awesome, so welcome Keith

Jarhead 1

Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy the time here. CA is a really great group of friendly and helpful guys, and I completely agree with you on the merits of WOV.

hi, welcome to the club!!! you will not regret joining up. jodandawg

<<<<bows his head and mumbles I AM FINELY A PART OF SOMETHING

lol

Totally agree. There is a good atmosphere in WoV, but then again I grew up (teenager) with both the Vietnam war AND the music. Interesting thing is too is that many aircraft wore 'musical' names s.a. 'Lead Zeppelin', 'Good vibrations', 'Iron Butterfly' and yes 'The Jefferson Airplane' to name a few. This part of the Airwar has long been neglected in the flightsim world. It is a pitty that there is not much going on in the multiplayer arena that I know of. Maybe something can be set up with other WoV players. It seems there are a lot especially on Combat Ace.

Yes welcome aboard Keith and see you sometime 'going downtown'.

LZ

Don't get me started on music! If God speaks to the world he will have the voice of a Fender Telecaster

Hi and enjoy your stay! CA has been a great experience for me, and just to demonstrate the helpful aspect... (you knew I had to do it :tongue: )

and a bunch of B29s over to my right...

I play FSX, BoB2:WoV and IL2:1946 but there's something about the TW series that keeps on drawing me back in. I have just installed the BoB campaign (used the SEAVietnam cat file so no airfield buildings) and it's a real blast! BoB2 is great but you struggle just to survive and IL2 has no atmosphere but WoV is easy to enjoy.

Even if you do use the VietnamSEA.cat, there should be airfield buildings, albeit a little tropical looking for enemy. Did you add the line:

catfile=...\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat

to your BoB terrain.ini?

And WWII might be in your head, but B-29s didn't fly in Vietnam! :grin:

And the modding gets to your head quickly... TW has that appeal to it. :crazy:

Many thx for that jtin - I'll fix it tonight!

I'm glad you enjoy the game.

It has it's flaws of course. but it is really playable compared to some of the other stuff out there!

The soundtrack to Endless Summer by the Sandals is back again, Some solid early 60s instrumentel stuff. But if we had to vote for the official band for this site my nomination would be for Laika and the Cosmonauts. V/R Gruppe. :ph34r: CL

post-11823-1182204350_thumb.jpg

Creedance, Byrds

Welcome on board, glad you're having fun with the BoB campaign :biggrin:

Feedback is most welcome, so if you spot any odd behaviour or general weirdness going on over the Channel, let me know about it here:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=19928

Cheers,

baltika