Hi folks,

Some screens of my Hawk model in the works, just learning how to skin and getting to grips with decals

img00013.jpgimg00012.jpgimg00010.jpg

Thanks, yes at some point I intend to make a virtual pit.

great :good:

i would hate to fly it with a A-4 pit

Looking good...if you do a pit....I will be checking as ive flown in a Hawk T1a.... :good:

Guest Saganuay82

There is a item for Photoshop that will assist your painting. Its called Panel Finder. Its just a numbered and colored layer you drag onto your project. I'll post a link when I find it.

Looking good...if you do a pit....I will be checking as ive flown in a Hawk T1a.... :good:

Nothing to intimidate a new modeler huh? :tongue:

I actually like how he's got the parts named on the model...'Fin and Rudder'.....

I think that would be a great skin, especially if ALL the plane parts were named...alerion, flap, nose, fuselage, etc....you could say this (the skin) was used for training new mechanics/ground crew...and for slooooow pilots... :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

I actually like how he's got the parts named on the model...'Fin and Rudder'.....

I think that would be a great skin, especially if ALL the plane parts were named...alerion, flap, nose, fuselage, etc....you could say this (the skin) was used for training new mechanics/ground crew...and for slooooow pilots... :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

Any templates I produce now on are named....

he may be a new modeller but I think hes got the hawk just right...If I had time I was going to redo mine as it was my 2nd 3d model ever...I am part way thru remapping it...I may do other versions that no one else doe4s...time permitting...

R

Hi Chaps,

Thanks for the kind words,

I used the labels on my templates so I could get the control surfaces and other bits and bobs lined up, I came up with the idea myself but I am not surprised that other modders have used it before me, I created my templates using texporter plugin, it makes a cool paint job, when I finally release the Hawk I might include the templates.

Russo, I have sat in a Hawk but it stayed on the ground sadly, I also hope to get the pit right but thats going to take some time I think

That is a good model and very nice skin also!!

Good work :)

Great work! you missed a couple pylons though...

when is coming out?

Great work! you missed a couple pylons though...

No, thats the new british "magnetic pylon" You see, they're strong electromagnets that keep ordinance suspended near the aircraft, but not attached so it doesn't affect the weight or drag of the plane :tongue:

:rolleyes: The bottom picture was out of sequence, the top 2 show the beginnings of my pylons, but I like the sound of electro magnetic ones :haha:

I don't know when exactly I will release the Hawk, I will probably do it before I get the pit ready.

I have run into another problem again though! maybe someone can shed light on it?

I have applyed decals and so far so good, but now I am trying to add a new decal and it is making my component turn see-through, is there a limit on how many decals can be applyed to a component? can they overlap? what the %!&* is going on?

I think the decal limit is 4. However, if its making an entire pylon go invisible, its probably a max problem. Either that, or transparency of the texture.

Ah! OK that makes sense if the limit is 4, it was actually my fuselage that was vanishing, the pictures i posted were before and after I had modelled pylons and the last picture was a before.

I solved my decal problem by combining the decals into one as they were in the same location (roundel on side with squadron bands)