Sign in to follow this  
delta6

Where to find a SU-27

Did a SU-27 ever get made for this game?

(Borat voice) It's nice....

And dont forget the Fictional Su-27 US version! I added it a moth after Marcfighters released his. But it is marfighters model and skin all I did was edit the INI files.

And dont forget the Fictional Su-27 US version! I added it a moth after Marcfighters released his. But it is marfighters model and skin all I did was edit the INI files.

Thanks guys, I've been without a computer for a few.

And dont forget the Fictional Su-27 US version! I added it a month after Marcfighters released his. But it is marfighters model and skin all I did was edit the INI files.

*cough* Desert skin... *cough*

:biggrin:

installed and it's fine,i've just put the sound in the sound folder and effects in the respective,but is normal that the gsh-301 cannon is quite just like a silenced gun?

No, you must not have the sound file referenced in the .ini for the gun sound. You can go into the .ini and change it.

X Ray, I think I just found the answer to your problem.

I've had this problem myself with the GSH301, and in frustration redirected the sound callout to a modified cannon sound that I made. I was just looking through the folders to sort out some menu music and found the file "SOUNDLIST.INI" in the FLIGHT folder. Mine didn't have an entry for the GSH301. Check yours.

I added the following

SoundFileXXX=GSH301 <==== replace the XXX with the next number in sequence then add the following at the bottom of the file

[GSH301]

Priority=NORMAL

Looped=TRUE

NumBuffers=4

3DSound=TRUE

DopplerEffect=FALSE

MaxDist=1000.000000

MinDist=50.000000

InsideConeAngle=360

OutsideConeAngle=360

ConeOutsideVolume=0

This got my GSH-301 sound working properly. This isn't mentioned anywhere that I've seen in installation instructions or the knowlege base, and for those who do this sort of thing regularly it becomes something that is easily overlooked in installation instructions, especially as long as this sim has been around and modded :good:

This got my GSH-301 sound working properly. This isn't mentioned anywhere that I've seen in installation instructions or the knowlege base, and for those who do this sort of thing regularly it becomes something that is easily overlooked in installation instructions, especially as long as this sim has been around and modded :good:

From the MegaSoundPack, released in May of 2005 (which is where that particular sound effect came from, BTW) :yes:

Gun Sounds: Unique Gun sounds (that is other then the default names, such as cannon, Vulcan, tankgun, 50cal) MUST be added to the Soundlist.ini, and added to the weapon's entry in the Gundata.ini, under the “Gun Fire Sound Name” parameter. It’s best if you use the gun editor to accomplish this. Don’t forget to save your changes.

Unique gun sounds include:

Lmg, for small bore automatic weapons (under 12mm).

Hmg, for heavy machine guns (12mm, 14.5mm, etc.)

Gsh, for the Soviet Gsh series revolver cannon (Gsh-23mm and 30mm Gsh-301)

37MM. for all 37, 40, and 57 mm auto cannon

NavalGun, for large bore weapons, 100mm and up.

M39Cannon: Used on the A-1, F-100, F-101, and F-5.

From the MegaSoundPack, released in May of 2005 (which is where that particular sound effect came from, BTW) :yes:

Gun Sounds: Unique Gun sounds (that is other then the default names, such as cannon, Vulcan, tankgun, 50cal) MUST be added to the Soundlist.ini, and added to the weapon's entry in the Gundata.ini, under the “Gun Fire Sound Name” parameter. It’s best if you use the gun editor to accomplish this. Don’t forget to save your changes.

Unique gun sounds include:

Lmg, for small bore automatic weapons (under 12mm).

Hmg, for heavy machine guns (12mm, 14.5mm, etc.)

Gsh, for the Soviet Gsh series revolver cannon (Gsh-23mm and 30mm Gsh-301)

37MM. for all 37, 40, and 57 mm auto cannon

NavalGun, for large bore weapons, 100mm and up.

M39Cannon: Used on the A-1, F-100, F-101, and F-5.

Thanks Fubar. But, I never got that pack myself. I didn't even own a thirdwire sim until last September. I'm not really sure where I did get the sound but it had to be in one of the other more recent addons that I downloaded.

Thanks Fubar. But, I never got that pack myself. I didn't even own a thirdwire sim until last September. I'm not really sure where I did get the sound but it had to be in one of the other more recent addons that I downloaded.

thanks guys!