Guys,as you said,I created the specific eras folders.

But I´m with a problem at Modern "mod".

What terrain I should use for it,and where I can find the vehicles for it (M1 Abrahams,Bradley,T-90...)?

Can I use the WoV vehicles for modern too,and what ones I can place as modern?

What terrain I should use for it,and where I can find the vehicles for it (M1 Abrahams,Bradley,T-90...)?

That all depends on where you want to fight. (remembering of course, that the Desert Storm and Iran/Iraq are 'in the shop for repairs'...)

All the terrains here at CA will work. Just make the necessary tweek in the terrain main ini to point to your whichever terrain cat (ie: WoV=VietnamSEA.cat, WoE=GermanyCE.cat, etc) is the primary terrain for you game.

As for vehicles, the Abrams & Bradley are right here, in the downloads section. Mind you, the Abrams needs 'uparmoring', as it even weaker than the stock M-60A1. The Bradley needs a tweek to get the TOWs to work properly. When youre ready, I'll give you the fixes.

Pasko's SAMs and Vehicle Pak is a must.

Just browse through the Ground Object/Vehicles section here -- you'll find everything you need. Especially, look for Kesselbrut's Modern American Armor Pak (LTVP, M-60A3, Leopards, etc)

Excepting the SA-6, which is WoE only (stock item). Lot's of other SAMs and AAA units too...just use that browser to browse!

We don't have the T-90 (or 80 for that matter). The T-72 is a stock WoE item, and not otherwise available (re: SA-6)

Can I use the WoV vehicles for modern too,and what ones I can place as modern?

Yes;

all of them....but you'll need to edit the end service dates for EVERY stock vehicle. I'd suggest 2020 as a good end year. (unless Apophis hits us in 2012!). So, break out that cat extractor, pull every vehicles data ini out, drop them into their respective folders, and edit away. You'll probably want to do the same for the goodies in the Pasko Pak as well; I seem to remember editing them when I posted them last year. Remember, there are 2 versions of the Pak: one is desert camo schemes, and the other Euro-ish greens. Choose accordingly.

Why did I say 'all of them' you might ask....the world is flooded with thousands of Western and ex-Soviet/PRC made units. They're going to be in service for many years in a host 2nd and 3rd World countries (no insults meant to them). With some exceptions that come to mind immeadeatly:

BTR-152

M-48 series

Never forget: the search button is your friend!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

(unless Apophis hits us in 2012!)

will that be in the Wings over the Gate edition?

:rofl:

BTW,anyone know where I can find more ground vehicles to the game?

will that be in the Wings over the Gate edition?

:rofl:

Typhoid, you funny man, you: Apophis

Ah, c'mon, guys; you all know there's a 1 in 10 chance that it's orbit is going to be perturbed on it's first close approach. And then...

it hits us. And we all go the route of the dinosaurs

Unless Bruce Willis can save us; or was it Robert Duval???? Depends on which movie you like better, I guess.

BTW,anyone know where I can find more ground vehicles to the game?

Which was answered, even before asking, by this statement in my post above:

As for vehicles, the Abrams & Bradley are right here, in the downloads section.

Pasko's SAMs and Vehicle Pak is a must.

Just browse through the Ground Object/Vehicles section here -- you'll find everything you need. Especially, look for Kesselbrut's Modern American Armor Pak (LTVP, M-60A3, Leopards, etc)

'nuff said!

Wrench

kevin stein

Since we're on the subject of 'resistence to the System Lords'...

mongoose.jpg

:ok:

Wrench

kevin stein

mongoose.jpg

Wrench

kevin stein

That's it. I'm going to build ET's space ship. It will own allllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by serverandenforcer

That's it. I'm going to build ET's space ship. It will own allllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm...

I suggest you find a bottle of your favorite alcohol beverage before you begin... Because if you plan of positioning ALL those lights... you may be there for a looooong time.

:biggrin:

LOL

If we ever get it done, and the meshes right, you should SEE the nose arts I have for this baby!!! Reached deep into my sci-fi/pinup/whatever art collections...got some really really good ones!!

And the hangar and loading screens are the best I've ever done!!!

Oh, by the way, she's called the "Mongoose". :good:

On the other side of the coin (or galaxy) we have these dudes...

jaffa_pilot1.jpg

I have 12 different skins ready; you can pick your 'favorite' System Lord and just rename the skin bmp to match the lod, and off you go. When you get tired of one, just switch to another (or as they're taken over by another SL or join the Free Ja'fa)

And before anybody asks, only the First Prime gets the gold inlay. All others are just in black. I've heavily researched thsi, besides having watched the series from Episode 1 :wink:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

mongoose.jpg

Wrench

kevin stein

Awesome. :good:

It does have Slammers with naqahdah warheads, right?

Edited by Gocad

mongoose.jpg

Wrench

kevin stein

:blink: OOOOOOOOOOOOO I likey!! I hope theres targets for it :wink:

Falcon

Guest Saganuay82

ummmmmmmmmmm, what is it?

F-302 Mongoose, endo-exo atmospheric fighter. Unfortunately, due to game engine limitations, we can't add the hyperspace jump engines (which were removed after a malfunction in the prototype).

To answer Falcon's question, what do you think those J'affa are flying??? Certainly not a Mongoose!

One word: Udajeet

Wrench

Kevin Stein

DEATH GLIDER!!!!!!!!! That is sick. I have been an SG1 fan since the beginning. Sorry to digress from the overall topic but, couldn't resist. Will there be staff weapons for the ground guys and zats :clapping:

great SG1 stuff, is that in another sim? or maybe they can be uploaded for a real

far out

WoE load?

:clapping:

Something we (Dev A-Team) have been fiddlilng with.

don't want to give away too much, depending on development scheduling, but yes, Gramps made some ground objects with a 'kinda' staff weapon.

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Guest Saganuay82

Well we almost had an X Wing so why not that.

Guys,just a question.

Do you think that is there any problem if I place modern planes togheter Cold War planes?

I think may be easier,since my Cold War game it´s done.Do you think it can have anyh problem,like a MiG-17 X a F-15?

Or a MiG-15 with a Su-27?I guess not,since the game doesn´t allow because the dates,but sometimes I´m afraid that the game mix everything,like my older installation (maybe it was because there were WWII plane too...).

Guys,just a question.

Do you think that is there any problem if I place modern planes togheter Cold War planes?

I think may be easier,since my Cold War game it´s done.Do you think it can have anyh problem,like a MiG-17 X a F-15?

Or a MiG-15 with a Su-27?I guess not,since the game doesn´t allow because the dates,but sometimes I´m afraid that the game mix everything,like my older installation (maybe it was because there were WWII plane too...).

the sim can get confused and get multi-era planes together. which is why it makes sense to make era specific loads. Before I learned how to do that, I loaded up the latest Mig-25 for a fighter sweep over Alaska, and lost my wingman to an F-4. As in Wildcat.......

so it certainly can be done. if a plane has a date that is outside of the dates in the options.ini file, it seems to put a blank date and bring it in whenever. If you open up the options.ini file dates to include all eras, then the planes will only show up in the era that they have entered in their aircraftdata.ini files.

the sim can get confused and get multi-era planes together. which is why it makes sense to make era specific loads. Before I learned how to do that, I loaded up the latest Mig-25 for a fighter sweep over Alaska, and lost my wingman to an F-4. As in Wildcat.......

so it certainly can be done. if a plane has a date that is outside of the dates in the options.ini file, it seems to put a blank date and bring it in whenever. If you open up the options.ini file dates to include all eras, then the planes will only show up in the era that they have entered in their aircraftdata.ini files.

I recall someone posting about a similar experience, while flying a mission over Major Lee's Bering Straits terrain. It seems that the game engine had our virtual pilot flying a strike mission against the Soviets, with Israeli Phantoms providing top cover :biggrin:

I recall someone posting about a similar experience, while flying a mission over Major Lee's Bering Straits terrain. It seems that the game engine had our virtual pilot flying a strike mission against the Soviets, with Israeli Phantoms providing top cover :biggrin:

yup, same place and I've had the same thing happen. Flew a CAP with some of the new Mig29 mods to check them out, and had Mirages, IDF and Swedish Viggens coming in......

ah well........

:biggrin:

Hey JM, you should see the nose art I have for 'Jafaa Cree!!'

One of the better Jessica Alba fakes, done up in pin-up style.

I"ll get them set up on 3W Eagle (since I alrady know the mesh name & coordinates), snap a screenie, censor it (it's a topless shot), and post it.

Wrench

kevin stein

i think he is trying to find on modern campaing like the Lomac modern battlefield...

like NATO VS Anti-NATO Pact(Russian China and India..)

Well,yes.

But I can´t find the russian tanks and etc....

Well,I´ll see what I can do...