Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Its Been 2 Weeks?

Still have things to do to it but its another "sweet, brought from the dead" aircraft thanks to Dels. The team still has to make default loadouts, hangar/loading screens and some other stuff but expect it soon. Enjoy the pics.

Dam Dave that's looking great, this should be good.

Last time I flew an F-2 (well, still called FSX at the time) was Falcon 3. Can't wait. :grin:

Awwww yeah!!

Hey, we got some F-2 guys going through training right now...I will have to ask about the differences.

FastCargo

PS I will not have normal access to my stuff for a couple of weeks...visiting the in laws in Vancouver, BC.

Hey FastCargo, how's your know-how on the Block 60's?

The 'Viper Zero' as the pilots of the JASDF have taken to calling this aircraft has a larger wing, tailplane and air intake than an F-16 along with a three-peice canopy (instead of the 1-piece we are use to) and a NATO F-16 style drog-chute fairing as well as a wider nose for the Mitsubishi Electronics AESA phased array radar. As far as weapons options they are specifically designed and wired for the Type 80 and Type 92 anti-ship missiles (we call them ASM-1 and ASM-2) as well as Type 90 air to air missile (AAM-3) which is based off the AIM-9 and Japanese percision guided bomb packages the centering around the CGS-1 IR seeker head.

Unfortunately unless USAFMTL and company have a treat planned for us, we won't be able to take advantage of the Japanese weapons fits, since as far as I know non of them exhist at the moment in the Weapons Pack.

Still, for the Viper lovers among us, this is a wonderful treat indeed to go along with the XL we got earlier :D

Until I can get someone to make some Japanese weapons you will have to live with the US ones. We are still tweaking the loadouts though. For example the F-2 is not wired for AMRAAM's so that is going to disappear. We will have though correctly colored drop tanks though. Stay tuned.

I've been trying to find some three-views of the different Japanese weapons ever since the KAI-project but I've never been able to find any which probably proves I'm not veyr good and internet research ;)

It's up and ready to fly.

Guest Saganuay82

Vancouver BC inlaws?

I've been trying to find some three-views of the different Japanese weapons ever since the KAI-project but I've never been able to find any which probably proves I'm not veyr good and internet research ;)

Hasegawa made a set of Japanese weapons for their model kit ranges in both 1/72 and 1/48

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/e-w/ITEMLIST/wep.htm

Dave? I think I got a slight bug report, there is no weapons INI data as far as I can tell in the readme for the drop tanks, unless I'm blind as a bat and its included elsewhere.

Guest Saganuay82

Objects - Weapons - F-2aWEAPONDATA or F-2g_WEAPONDATA. That is in the Weapons folder in the zip.

Guest Saganuay82

You can't find it? Or you did find it?

Found, was sitting under my nose the entire time, I just never saw it.

The Viper Zero is a joy to fly by the way, nice stable bombing platform.

Guest Saganuay82

OK, cool.

From everything I've been told though its not official the F-2A's nickname among its pilots is 'Viper Zero' for the origins as a F-16 and as an homage to the A6M Risen.

From everything I've been told though its not official the F-2A's nickname among its pilots is 'Viper Zero' for the origins as a F-16 and as an homage to the A6M Risen.

No matter what it's called, it's a gem! Very polished! Good stuff guys!

Chaser, Mitsubishi released a product manual with some glossy snaps of AAM-3,4 and the concept work for 5 a while back. I know they've been posted online so you should be able to get some decent screenies. I used to have access to some shots of them from an online jouranl (from my old job), but it seems my access has been disabled. Phooey! :nono: I'm talking with a mate of mine, he should be able to post some to me. AAM-3 is pretty fugly! The stab-fin near the warhead have a bit of a halberd look to them... :no: AAM-4 just looks like an AMRAAM with love handles.

It's up and ready to fly.

Sweet looking jet, can't wait to fly it..........

makes me want to try sushi, or whatever her name is :rofl:

Vancouver BC inlaws?

Yep, my wife's side of the family all live in the Vancouver, BC area.

Speaking of which, while out in Richmond yesterday for (what else) Chinese food, saw something unusual coming into YVR...

pict0057dx7.jpg

c52lx2.jpg

If he's here for the Abbotsford Airshow (this weekend) he's at the wrong airport... :yes: .

FastCargo

No matter what it's called, it's a gem! Very polished! Good stuff guys!

Chaser, Mitsubishi released a product manual with some glossy snaps of AAM-3,4 and the concept work for 5 a while back. I know they've been posted online so you should be able to get some decent screenies. I used to have access to some shots of them from an online jouranl (from my old job), but it seems my access has been disabled. Phooey! :nono: I'm talking with a mate of mine, he should be able to post some to me. AAM-3 is pretty fugly! The stab-fin near the warhead have a bit of a halberd look to them... :no: AAM-4 just looks like an AMRAAM with love handles.

Sorry to dredge up an old topic, but since I'm working on the AAM-3/4/5, I was wondering if you could find more info on that manual and any pictures you have would be very helpful.