Sign in to follow this  
i90807065

What do you think?

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this a/c with the mod?

• Yes
    • No

Would you want to go against an aircraft that has the storage of a B-52 but flys like a MiG-29 OVT? Of course it wont be realistic but I could try to make one with turrets instead I guess that flys like a bomber should.

It'll be cool if someone try to mod the "Old Dog" B-52 from Dale Brown's "Flight of the Old Dog"

Falcon

Storage. You can load down an aircraft with storage and it will still fly.

Unless you build an interia cancellation machine, you can't get a B-52 sized aircraft to fly like a fighter.

Check that, you CAN...but only once.

FastCargo

It'll be cool if someone try to mod the "Old Dog" B-52 from Dale Brown's "Flight of the Old Dog"

Falcon

The "Old Dog" from Dale Brown's imagination is not even realistic. Dale is a former BUFF navigator which gives him great liberty to describe the flight characteristics of his bird unrealistically. Don't take me wrong, he spins a fine yarn, but his "Old Dog" wouldn't get off the ground. A bomber is a bomber and a fighter is a fighter. Attempting to optimize for both roles comes out spelled F-111 (a real fast Jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none).

Actually I got an a/c that carries 64 bombs but flys over 700kts

Actually I got an a/c that carries 64 bombs but flys over 700kts

And I flew an aircraft (in real life) that carried 84 bombs and did Mach 1.2+. Doesn't mean it turned like a F-16.

FastCargo

Powerful enough engines and big enough wings will get any load flying at any speed. But if you try to chase a mig in a B-52, the wings will rip off and you'll become a very large unguided bomb.

If someone managed to make an "intertia canceliing machine" That would probably make a craft just sit in one place, unable to move, in a museum of useless brilliance probably. To cancel the effect of inertia, you've got to have an equal force in the opposite direction of what you want to cancel.

And I flew an aircraft (in real life) that carried 84 bombs and did Mach 1.2+. Doesn't mean it turned like a F-16.

FastCargo

The plane is an F-37 and it flys the same as it normally would.

The plane is an F-37 and it flys the same as it normally would.

"normally"?

You do realize that you're comparing a fictional plane with a really one here, right? :wink:

*sigh* this is why IL2ers freak out at the idea of modding.

i think, we need more realistic models... ;)

i do not wont to have any critic on your work!!!! :]

If someone managed to make an "intertia canceliing machine" That would probably make a craft just sit in one place, unable to move, in a museum of useless brilliance probably. To cancel the effect of inertia, you've got to have an equal force in the opposite direction of what you want to cancel.

No.

Classicial definition:

'The law of inertia states that it is the tendency of an object to resist a change in motion.'

A inertia cancellation machine is designed to remove that 'tendency of an object to resist a change in motion'. The idea by removing this 'tendency', is that any force acted on that object after the inertia is 'cancelled' will not be 'felt' by the object.

FastCargo

Then I'm getting my physics crossed somewhere, it has been a few years.......

No worries, I had to look it up myself to make I had it correct in my head.

FastCargo

The best way to remove inertia is to lower/remove mass. Any way of doing that remains purely theoretical.