Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Why Why Why Why Why?

Now, I'm pretty sure that was an episode of Seinfeld.

No it was an actual case, involving a lady. Now there are two ways you can look it.

Supposedly McDonalds severed the woman coffee that was severely hot it got spilled, and she had 2 degree burns. She sued for medical expenses and won

or

Same woman, supposedly clumsily handles coffee, burns herself, not badly, causes a fuss, sues and wins.

You have to be the judge on that one.

No it was an actual case, involving a lady. Now there are two ways you can look it.

Supposedly McDonalds severed the woman coffee that was severely hot it got spilled, and she had 2 degree burns. She sued for medical expenses and won

or

Same woman, supposedly clumsily handles coffee, burns herself, not badly, causes a fuss, sues and wins.

You have to be the judge on that one.

The first one seems like a relatively reasonable cause for upset. Maybe demanding nothing but hospital bill compensation would have fit better, as they rarely exceed a million smackaroos. But since it seems more reasonable, it is probably not the case. To illustrate my point: I could be pretend to be offended by your signature. I could say the an A-6 is an offensive object of militarism, and a personal attack on people like me. The object is, obviously, extortion. The case would of course be thrown out of court for being frivolous, but you get the point.

Well hospital bills are absurd now. 2nd degree burns probably would be a million dollars, but IIRC she was an idiot and wasn't serious.

But people know that's just a get rich quick scheme. Well with the current economy, I can't really blame them.

Gotcha and while I am truely sorry to learn of the challenge life has given you; you seem to be bitter towards anyone you consider "normal". I assume you mean anyone without a disability. And then go so far as to say they are retarded? I know life delt you a hard hand my friend but but those words are a bit harsh.

He doesn't mean just anyone, he means people like the woman driving the car who ran over the disabled woman. They have no disability themselves, yet are incapable of as much thought as those who really do have disablities.

Like Carlos Mencia says, "When I say someone's 'dee-dee-dee', I'm not talking about mentally handicapped people. I'm talking about the moron that's 'dee-dee-dee'!!" :wink:

Gotcha and while I am truely sorry to learn of the challenge life has given you; you seem to be bitter towards anyone you consider "normal". I assume you mean anyone without a disability. And then go so far as to say they are retarded? I know life delt you a hard hand my friend but but those words are a bit harsh.

You're putting it outta context here. I'm not bitter about people who aren't disabled. I just don't like people who act like they got no sense and act dumb including disabled people (and I'm not talking about mentally challenged people, I've met real smart people who have that disability). I'm not bitter. Only thing I would be bitter is people who pity disabled people...

Falcon

He doesn't mean just anyone, he means people like the woman driving the car who ran over the disabled woman. They have no disability themselves, yet are incapable of as much thought as those who really do have disablities.

Like Carlos Mencia says, "When I say someone's 'dee-dee-dee', I'm not talking about mentally handicapped people. I'm talking about the moron that's 'dee-dee-dee'!!" :wink:

Yeah at least someone understood what I was trying to say.

Falcon

Yeah, I hate the pity and making a big deal out of things. Just a simple understanding of any shortcomings and not to hold it against me.

WTF happen's to people when thay get behind the wheel? :dry::mad:

WTF happen's to people when thay get behind the wheel?

It's a little-known fact that all cars on the road in the US have a "stupid circuit" installed.

It operates with similar technology used in the "panic circuits" installed in printers and

copiers. The stupid circuit controls a stupid emitter that sends out wavelengths that

disrupt the operation of the forebrain. This has a variety of effects including "road rage"

depending on the individual. It's not effective enough to cause panic or suspicion. But just

effective enough to cause enough accidents for population control. :secret:

China is currently working on a deal with the US to build the devices in China and install them

in their own cars.

Yeah - It sounds like conspiracy theory. But people are more apt to believe in conspiracy and

expect the government to fess up or fix it, rather than expect the unexpected and make

contingency plans.

Guest USNadpc

eraser_tr wrote

They give drivers licenses to anyone, and they shouldn't. I hate such careless drivers, and I get the bad reputation because young people drive faster. I can't tell you how many times I've almost been sandwiched or sideswipped by people not paying attention to what they're doing.

That's exactly why I sold my 1985 Kawasaki Eliminator 900, almost got killed twice. Four teenagers tried to run me over on an off ramp in their Pathfinder, After stopping and laying my bike on it's side I had the punk's shirt in my right hand and I started to pull him out of the window when he turned the wheel to the right and went over the sidewalk and grass to get away. I was psycho mad and I had my helmet on so I didn't care, got half of his shirt as a souveneir. The other time a lady in a gold honda accord just cut into my lane without looking, thank god I was paying attention.

That was strike two and I wasn't gonna wait around for strike three so i sold it. Man was it a fun bike, especially on a cool summer night with no humidity.

Just my 2 cents

I had a pilot write up Nav #2 as Inoperative when it was turned off. Brilliant!

That's like the classic actual write up..."IFF doesn't work in the OFF position"

"Turn it ON". :haha: