Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

O.K., is this considered treason?

I know a lot of people have run into scenarios where either they or their wingman accidentally fired an IRM at another friendly. For wingman, it's more common because you can't really be certain who your really locking up an IRM with. However, I just ran across a scenario where my wingman locked up another wingman with an AIM-120C (an AHM). He fired it and blew the other guy away. Now that I find very suspicious. I'm really beginning to think that there is some kind of code that allows treason in this game.

No treason is not written into the code, its dumb AI. That is why I send them to play by themselves while I play Air Rambo. :biggrin:

No treason is not written into the code, its dumb AI. That is why I send them to play by themselves while I play Air Rambo. :biggrin:

Ya I find it best to let them do their own thing while I do mine

Wingmen make good cannon fodder. Keeps the bad guys busy while I sneak up from the rear and deliver my "weapon."

Guest Saganuay82

Treason code...................lololol.

I've been once shot down by my wingman. He fired a Sidewinder who find his way to my plane.

I do sometime do some friendly fire. :D But it's mainly BVR errors, since we don't have IFF.

I think the one wingman was sleeping with the others wingmans wife, wearing his slippers and seating in his easy chair and that's why it got his ass shoot off!

I could be wrong, but i dont think so! :rofl:

Edited by Redddevil911

Sidewinders is understandable since that's an IRM, but an AMRAAM?!!!

The AI locked up the target that came un front of him and punched it off. You can do that in boresight and air combat mode very easily. It does lock up the first thing the radar sees. In this case it was his the plane who happened to be on the same side.

Wingmen make good cannon fodder. Keeps the bad guys busy while I sneak up from the rear and deliver my "weapon."

Hey, now...this is a family-friendly forum, right? :rofl:

Good god scissors, that's just wrong

I didn't know that Dave. Since I never shoot it out in those radar modes, I never experienced such incidents. I fight and fly in search mode only. Really don't know what the benefits are in using the other modes.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Good god scissors, that's just wrong

I didn't know that Dave. Since I never shoot it out in those radar modes, I never experienced such incidents. I fight and fly in search mode only. Really don't know what the benefits are in using the other modes.

I use both modes alot. Normal radar mode for BVR and boresight for medium WVR fights (9.0nm to 5.0nm.)

Falcon