Erikgen I moved this for you.

Thx dave, sorry for opening a new thread, must have missed it... great pics!

No you didn't miss it, it was in the modders forum.

Erikgen, I hope you haven't given up on this aircraft love the work and we can always use the F106 pit for it (just a suggestion) cold war aircraft like these are just fantastic. Oh and btw thank you for the mods you've done so far. :good:

Edited by Atreides

I`m realy interested in the upcoming redbirds, Su-24, fiddler.. erwins Su family... mf`s 29 .. what do oyu want more?!.... blue targets .. hehehe

Testing little addiction ... drag chute .

gallery_2365_253_73419.jpg

If you ask me.. you need a betatester definatly..

I´m here :salute:

I edited some time ago the Tu-22 to simulate a fiddler.. but it wasn`t the right thing

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

I have been waiting for this forever and it looks like it has been worth the wait. Absolutely beautiful work, Erikgen and associates. Thanks ahead of time!!!!!!

forgot to say, I looked trough your pics and I don`t see any 3D misstake, this bird is so clean, very nice mesh!!! thumbs up ;-)

Cool ! The largest interceptor ever built keeps getting better and better. Thank you so much for the pic.

So erikgen, .... any news on this bird?! Need some realy heavy interceptors in my skyes?!

It was a unique airplane, I have read recently:

R-4R,T has max turn rate 21G

max beam elevation tu-128 radar was 70Deg, well trained pilots can launch missles with AoA up to 40 Deg, it means tu-128 can attack low speed planes at

80-100 Deg Hi, this was proved on test, source say.

Edited by lindr2

:good:

Yep, R-4 my fave air-air missile, from an age when cars and missles had real fins.

Except for range and endurance, Tu-128 had very "basic" flight performance, slow and not very high altitude, and was a true "missile carrier" more so than other operational interceptors of the 1960s, in that it couldn't match the flight performance of its potential targets, of which I assume B-58 would be the most extreme case, in neither speed nor altitude. The R-4's huge Classic Car fins allowed high gee and very high altitude flight, much higher than the interceptor could reach. As far as I understand ( :blink: ), the idea was to manuever to allow a shot at the higher target, and fire in a shallow climb which allowed a larger radar without requiring lots of radar scan pitchup. Well something like that.

The XtremE missile carrier that almost made it was the proposed Douglas F6D Missileer fleet defender.

cool pics ~> http://www.anigrand.com/AA2075_XF6D-1.htm

Maybe for FC's SWOTUSA project. Kinda like a Super Skynight.

Although, I've read of at least one possibly even more extreme interceptor idea: Tu-4 missile carrier, but this didn't go anywhere, as far as I know.

what about a Tu-22 missile carrier?

That's what Tu-128 is for.

-128 was derived from earlier Tu-98 bomber design.

I think the Tu-4 idea was a bit optimistic, early 1950s with really ancient missiles, long before Tu-22. But I've read the Chinese used Tu-4 AWACs with big radars to vector interceptors to shoot down a few Ussian drones. I think. I forgot what that was all about. There's alot of stuff not well known.

Found this~> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KJ-1_AEWC

Erikgen and I are still working hard on her :grin: I'm working on the Flight Model and have hard time to find reliable infos about its performance.

For instance wiki gives 2 different values (one 98KN and one 107KN) about Lyulka AL-7F-2 max power... So any good info are welcome :smile:

Edited by kreelin

Erikgen and I are still working hard on her :grin: I'm working on the Flight Model and have hard time to find reliable infos about its performance.

For instance wiki gives 2 different values (one 98KN and one 107KN) about Lyulka AL-7F-2 max power... So any good info are welcome :smile:

Found something here.

Двигатели : 2 ТРД Сатурн (Люлька)

АЛ-7Ф2Тяга, кгс : 2 х 10100

So,107KN or 110KN must be right.

Edited by Erwin_Hans