Sign in to follow this  
Zurawski

MV-22 Osprey "In-Game" shots...

Got her in and flying reasonably well (What without any fly-by-wire and all...)

Must confess it's fun as hell mastering the art of flying this bird. Taking-off is a piece of cake... Hover is like balancing on the head of a needle... Landing is a test of patience and dexterity... yet fun as hell. Can't wait the share the final product!

That said... enjoy the pics!

Powering-up for VTOL take-off...

mv22_02.jpg

Holding zero-speed hover...

mv22_03.jpg

Pitching forward to gain some airflow over the wings and rotating the nacelles...

mv22_04.jpg

Full transition into airplane mode and climbing to cruise alt...

mv22_05.jpg

Heading for waypoint two...

mv22_09.jpg

i have this plane added on my Orbiter space sim.

damn hard to hover, damn harder to land.

when's this out?

i hope you make damage bitmaps, so if we fail an engine(smoke and fire) both rotors still rotate.

and if you land harder, we would lose something like nacelles, rotors shear off, etc.

adds more to the thrill of flying it.

when's this out?

When its done..... :biggrin: 2 weeks

hey, got an idea!!!

make a "what if" ACV-22 with guns at the sides a la ac-130!!!

or a helmet sighted gun a la cobra!!!

i have this plane added on my Orbiter space sim.damn hard to hover, damn harder to land. when's this out?
Well... we are moving as fast as my schedule allows right now. That said, we are making very good progress... 1st level LOD is almost 100% modeled and mapped, FM is about 95% with a bit more tweaking necessary. Damage hierarchy is modeled correctly but no textures as of yet.I plan on releasing an alpha build to get feed back before moving onto the cockpit... so to answer your question... "Hopefully soon".
hey, got an idea!!!make a "what if" ACV-22 with guns at the sides a la ac-130!!!or a helmet sighted gun a la cobra!!!
A quasi-what-if attack version is planned.

is there gonna be a "What If....." Gunship version on the horizon at any point? :biggrin: :yes:

yeah, like an uber gun platform?

like mashin up an apache gunship with that v-22 clled ACV-22 Gunship Osprey? :crazy:

"Eight feet"...

It doesn't mow so much as mulch. :rofl:

what do you think should we "mow" with these things?

soviet shovel-heads? :rofl:

The faction in my short story series calls the attack version the AV-22 Harpy

The faction in my short story series calls the attack version the AV-22 Harpy

"AV-22 Herpy"? That'd scare the hell out of me!

Oh... sorry mia culpa... "Harpy". :rofl:

lol I had an old OFP/VBS1 project with something like that, 20mm underbelly gun like the old OV-10D, and like 12 Hellfires plus planned Stingers. Worked great as a transport/gunship system...

I liked the armed version in the Dale Brown books. It was a retractable 25mm chain gun and an eight-round round A2A Stinger pod, both retractable into extended side sponsoons.

True but they always seemed to get shot up all the time...

The AV-22 as described in my series has dual 20mm chain guns mounted in a way thats hard to describe but sorta look like how the super hinds is mounted.

Pic of gun config on Super Hind <----Click Here

Interesting...

But I must confess I have something far more sinister planned... MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :biggrin:

ohhhhh....care to tell? My curiosity level just rose! What could be more sinister than dual 20mm Chain Guns?

THAT HIND LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! IF THE OSPREY LOOKS LIKE THAT, ID BUY IT!!!!!!!!

ohhhhh....care to tell? My curiosity level just rose! What could be more sinister than dual 20mm Chain Guns?

Sorry... I'm not spilling the beans "yet". Let's just say the attack version of the Osprey will give the A-10 a run for it's money... :biggrin: (FWIW, I've only toyed with a few configs and trialed a few ideas and it's a frick'n blast)

ooohhhhh That hint just put images in my head of what the beast is goin to look like. Hey I have got some Ideas for a nice paint job if you are interested. I know you may not be that far with the AV-22, but if you are interested just pm me and I will give you the details. But do tell me, can the AV-22 carry hellfires? or AGM-114's?

ooohhhhh That hint just put images in my head of what the beast is goin to look like. Hey I have got some Ideas for a nice paint job if you are interested. I know you may not be that far with the AV-22, but if you are interested just pm me and I will give you the details. But do tell me, can the AV-22 carry hellfires? or AGM-114's?

The answer to your question in short is "yes" :biggrin:

Up to this point it all conceptual... I've played with a few ideas of how to make the Osprey more "toothy" and have tried a few things to see if they would in deed work (which they have)...

The AV-22 is still a ways off. I still have to finish the MV-22 and I've commited to a conversion project after that. The AV-22 will likely happen somewhere within this mix...