Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Halo 3 out earn Spidey on opening day?!

Yes, of course the difference is unlike movies, which make more or less equal amounts their first 3 days, then little during the week, then more again (at around 50%) the 3 days of the next weeked, I'll bet MS makes 70% of their total the first day, and the sales will sharply taper off in the coming days as a lot of people who would get it already did the first day.

Still can't understand the reverence Halo gets among the xbox crowd. It was good and fun, but there was nothing about it to deserve this godly status.

Still can't understand the reverence Halo gets among the xbox crowd. It was good and fun, but there was nothing about it to deserve this godly status.

I agree with you on that, still I'm willing to bet that Halo 3 is a whole lot more entertaining than that god awful Spierdamn 3. :biggrin:

To answer Atreides, here's my take (I am very much a Halo fan)....

1. Kick-ass story...You don't start trying to pre-empt the cut scenes until about your 15-20

time thru the game.

2. Great weapons, great physics, great graphics, great sound....

3. And finally no idiot computer controlled characters....you know, the one that

will only stand in the corner, hop up and down on one foot, and then blow themselves

up or something equally silly.

To sum up....I always found so much more polished than most other games.

Just my 2 cents...

Edited by smokey799

I don't know, I've played many FPS games with better stories than Halo. Never played 2 or 3, but going by 1, yes. Things like graphics and such are a function of when they're released and the budget they have. The bigger the better.

As for AI, that's also highly variable. Some games are good, some are bad.

Basically, I thought Halo was average. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't AWESOME or anything, it just was.

this says it all.

also, I KNEW IT WAS DUKE NUKEM ALL ALONG! NOW WHO'S THE CRAZY ONE?!?!?!?!? :wacko::crazy: