New Tomcats; To be or Not to be...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would the StrikeFighters Community like to have a re-worked IRIAF F-14A?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

I have developed a new F-14A for the Iranian Air Force. This aircraft features new afterburner effects, new weaponry, and new Hangar/Loading Screens. If you wish to vote, please do so. My second point is, if this plane wants to be released, whoever created the Tomcat, I need your permission to release this re-worked model. I said in my readme that I had nothing to do in the creation of the flight model, skin, or anything else. I also said that "My claim to fame is modding this aircraft. You see your work, it's yours." Please resond quickly. If so, I can release it TODAY!!! :biggrin:

That F-14A was released by the Mirage Factory and you will have to go through them on that.

I thought there was an Iranian AF F-14 Out? Anyways, we could always use a new one.

What's the difference between regular F-14A and Iranian F-14A?

What's the difference between regular F-14A and Iranian F-14A?

Nothing. That's how close an ally Iran was under the Shah. To put it in perspective, there were a total of three full F-14 simulators built. One was at Miramar, another at Oceana, and the third one was in Iran. The Naval Air Maintenance Training Group even had a Det. there to support them.

Then f*ckwad Jimmy Carter screwed the whole thing up, destabilized the region and brought an Islamic theocracy to power which has been directly responsible for countless thousands of deaths throughout the world. Then they gave him a Nobel Peace Prize for it.

Edited by column5

Nothing. That's how close an ally Iran was under the Shah. To put it in perspective, there were a total of three full F-14 simulators built. One was at Miramar, another at Oceana, and the third one was in Iran. The Naval Air Maintenance Training Group even had a Det. there to support them.

Then f*ckwad Jimmy Carter screwed the whole thing up, destabilized the region and brought an Islamic theocracy to power which has been directly responsible for countless thousands of deaths throughout the world. Then they gave him a Nobel Peace Prize for it.

Danger Danger Will Robinson, this is a politic free zone.

Sorry, I get mad every time I think about it. :blush2:

I don't belive there's a need for a new one; having updated the entire Iraining AF meself for the next upgrade to the Irain/Irag set (see the loadout thread for details). What is/was needed were updating the weapons -- also in the same thread.

I'm given to understand the Mirage Factory may have updated versions in the works, so I'd hold off.

OTH, there are the Turkey-lovers (white meat for me!) that would probably appriciate it.

Wrench

kevin stein

I would like the current IRIAF F-14A. You know the one with AL-31 Lyuka Engines and HAWK missiles and anything else they brought to the party.

I would like the current IRIAF F-14A. You know the one with AL-31 Lyuka Engines and HAWK missiles and anything else they brought to the party.

both planes?.............

:wink:

I'd rather have something new, like an avro arrow, even though the 'cat with AL-31s sounds interesting.

both planes?.............

:wink:

No wait!... I mean I like the one we have now but I want the ones that are currently in IRIAF service.

Well I always thought the pilot tube, TCS, nose cone, fuel tanks, and forward section of the Tomcat needed to be reworked. Also a it could use a updated pit for all models. Not necessarily a "D" pit, but a pit that has no ADI in the center and the TV and radar screens in the right place.

Whatever you guys come out with is fine with me always enjoy new and reworked things by the community.

Edited by ironroad

Well I always thought the pilot tube, TCS, nose cone, fuel tanks, and forward section of the Tomcat needed to be reworked. Also a it could use a updated pit for all models. Not necessarily a "D" pit, but a pit that has no ADI in the center and the TV and radar screens in the right place.

Whatever you guys come out with is fine with me always enjoy new and reworked things by the community.

We have a new F-14 model, but its waiting its place in line behind other projects.