Sign in to follow this  
Typhoid

Competition with Prize Money to be made!

Don't know where else to put this but I thought I'd pass this on...

----------------------------------------------------

Military vs. Civilians Air Combat Videogame Competition

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation</EM>

Military vs. Civilians Air Combat Competition - Military.com Welcome to the online Ace Combat 6:

Fires of Liberation videogame tournament. Ace Combat 6:

Fires of Liberation is a game created by Namco Bandai Games exclusively for the Xbox 360 console. In this tournament military personnel will compete against civilians, both for bragging rights and a not insubstantial pot of $30,000 in cash and prizes.

Rounds

will be contested online with finalists from both sides being flown to New York for the grand finale that will be broadcast on TV. It's time to teach civilians who's boss!

About Ace Combat 6: Fires of

Liberation

With over 9.5 million copies sold

worldwide, the ultimate flight action series soars onto Xbox 360 for the first time! On October 23, the entire flight action genre will be single-handedly redefined as Ace Combat 6, the latest in the No.1 flight action series, arrives on Microsoft's next generation console to continue its reign of absolute domination. Players can get in the cockpits of their favorite authentically detailed combat aircraft and command the allied assault force of aerial, naval and ground combat units. In addition, players will engage in fierce combat on an unprecedented scale and intensity as up to six massive conflicts unfold at once in multiple war zones rendered in photo-realistic detail. For the first time in the Ace Combat franchise, players can prove their supremacy on a global scale in the intense multiplayer online mode via Xbox LIVE!

Compete

for Aerial Supremacy!

The Military vs. Civilian

Ace Combat 6 competition will take the form of a series of

2 vs. 2 rounds hosted by GGL.com - with results posted to online leaderboards, viewable at the site. Finally, different brackets of military personnel and civilians will be flown to New York to compete against one another on TV in the final of all finals! If you're interested in registering, click here or visit acecombatsix.com.

Bleh! If it was F4AF, LOMAC or WOE I'd enter it, but an arcade console game? Easily skewed towards console kiddies. Do you really expect a professional pilot to be able to fly with a thumbstick and press 'A' to fire missiles, aside from being trained to deal with real aerodynamics instead of scripted arcade performance? I'm sure they'll have fun outturning opponents in F-4s and Mig-25s.

If it was a real flight sim that would use a joystick, throttle and trackir and have some semblance of simulation, THAT would be something to see with real flight simmers duking it out against real F-15 pilots.

Bleh! If it was F4AF, LOMAC or WOE I'd enter it, but an arcade console game? Easily skewed towards console kiddies. Do you really expect a professional pilot to be able to fly with a thumbstick and press 'A' to fire missiles, aside from being trained to deal with real aerodynamics instead of scripted arcade performance? I'm sure they'll have fun outturning opponents in F-4s and Mig-25s.

If it was a real flight sim that would use a joystick, throttle and trackir and have some semblance of simulation, THAT would be something to see with real flight simmers duking it out against real F-15 pilots.

to tell you the truth, I had not heard of this sim before and don't know anything about it. Saw it in the military.com newsletter I get and just thought I'd pass it on for interest. I noticed that it is not included in any of the sims here which made me suspicios that it was just what you described.

obviously just a marketing ploy

The Ace Combat series has been around for a long time (as the 6 will testify). It was previously PS-only, on the PS1 and 2 and recently PSP. Now the 360 has it. However, it's certainly not a sim.

The Ace Combat series has been around for a long time (as the 6 will testify).

I think this is the 11th one in the series! :tongue:

I think this is the 11th one in the series! :tongue:

I thought it was the seventh, or maybe eighth. There's Ace Combat, Ace Combat 2 through five, then Ace combat Zero and now ace combat six, and wasn't there an ace combat type game for the arcades?

There's also Ace combat X for the PSP and Ace Combat Advance for the gameboy advanced, so that brings about 9.

Anyway, i only played two and three on a PSX emultor using my gamepad, i rather liked the third part.

Also, there are a joystick and throttle set avalible for the AC6 game, so they would probably use that.

Now that would be awesome.

isnt a sim, but have very very very very good graphics, and is namco who is sponsoring this tournment!

oh, and all gauges work fine!