Sign in to follow this  
Zurawski

MV-22 Osprey Lights...

Okay boys and girls... I need assistance with something.

Working of the correct location and color of the formation and avoidance lights for the Osprey... I'm having difficulty determining with what goes where and what color they should be (and if they strobe)... :dntknw:

Anyone have info/data on this? Your assistance is greatly appreciated on this... :clapping:

Okay boys and girls... I need assistance with something.

Working of the correct location and color of the formation and avoidance lights for the Osprey... I'm having difficulty determining with what goes where and what color they should be (and if they strobe)... :dntknw:

Anyone have info/data on this? Your assistance is greatly appreciated on this... :clapping:

Airliners.net has soem great pics of the MV-22.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1172533/L/

You can see one on the tail and it isnt very big.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1246549/L/

I haven't found any forward one though. The color is a light bright green. Like those chem light sticks.

Airliners.net has soem great pics of the MV-22.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1172533/L/

You can see one on the tail and it isnt very big.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1246549/L/

I haven't found any forward one though. The color is a light bright green. Like those chem light sticks.

Thanks Dave...

Those are some sweet arse clean pics there! (Got'm booked now)

There's a red (left) and green (right) light on the engine nacelles in those pictures too.

I searched my pictures. Hopefully some of these might help. :dntknw:

There appears to be a white light on the left side in the pic on the right, 4th down, and a red light on the underside in the pic, 2nd from bottom. (in Outlaw's post)

This pic might also help, it shows a bit more detail of the front:

http://www.navair.navy.mil/v22/index.cfm?f...hoto&id=114

Edited by jtin

LOL!

You guys amaze me...

I've googled and web crawled and haven't stumbled upon these pics!

Thanks for the assistance! "Think" I have most placed now...

Zur

She flies really nice and yeah it takes some time to get transitional flight right. More testing in progress. Skins looks good too. For someone who doesn't like to map you sure do have good results.

Zur

She flies really nice and yeah it takes some time to get transitional flight right. More testing in progress. Skins looks good too. For someone who doesn't like to map you sure do have good results.

LOL! Show Off... :ok:

Key with making transition from VTOL or STOL to aircraft mode is to get at least 100 knots under the wings, nose at or above the horizon and "slowly" rotate the nacelles to zero. If you rotate the nacelles to fast (as I'm sure you've found out) it'll force you to nose over.

Practice makes perfect... I'm to a point now where I can hold hovers indefinitely, maneuver around at will and drop the plane anywhere. If I can figure our fraps, maybe I'll post a movie of me planting a perfect landing on the back of a small carrier. :biggrin:

Edited by Zurawski

FRAPS?

I love the proggy, and it is super easy, assign a key, and a place to plop it, and fire away.

Of course it helps to have a convertor to a less large format, as the buggers can get big in a hurry.

I just so happen to have a few of those as well. :biggrin:

LOL! Show Off... :ok:

Key with making transition from VTOL or STOL to aircraft mode is to get at least 100 knots under the wings, nose at or above the horizon and "slowly" rotate the nacelles to zero. If you rotate the nacelles to fast (as I'm sure you've found out) it'll force you to nose over.

Practice makes perfect... I'm to a point now where I can hold hovers indefinitely, maneuver around at will and drop the plane anywhere. If I can figure our fraps, maybe I'll post a movie of me planting a perfect landing on the back of a small carrier. :biggrin:

yep, like what gabilon said about his yakkie, take it slow, relax.

how bout the transition from horizontal to vertical, is it possible to put the nacelles all the way up at 0% thrust and wait it to slow down like what i do when flying vtol?

or also slow?

yep, like what gabilon said about his yakkie, take it slow, relax.

how bout the transition from horizontal to vertical, is it possible to put the nacelles all the way up at 0% thrust and wait it to slow down like what i do when flying vtol?

or also slow?

Yes, rotating the nacelles to 90 and chopping throttle does fairly quickly slow you down. You then "dirty up" by dropping the landing gear and throwing a bank or two in to further slow down. Once below 100 knots your in good shape to figure out your vertical landing approach... gotta watch your sink rate though... flaring and jamming the throttle will only slow you down so much before you smack into the ground. :wink:

And I agree with what gabilon said in regards to flying the Yak too ... slow / small inputs work best. Because there are two thrust points on the Osprey, if you man-handle it, you'll be wrestling with oscillation all the time... be gentle and it's fairly tame and predictable.

Edited by Zurawski

On a sort of semi-off topic but still about the V22 note, has anyone read the article about the V22 in TIME magazine October 8, 2007? I believe parts of the article can also be found here http://www.time.com/time/2007/osprey/.

According to the article, seems like the Osprey is in for a rough combat ride...

Oh yeah...TIME is such a fountain of knowledge.

Ask most military members what they think about the media's accuracy about anything military related. And especially aviation related...

FastCargo

Ask most military members what they think about the media's accuracy about anything military related. And especially aviation related...

FastCargo

Ask the media what the control in an airliner is and they will say steering wheel. Its steering yoke.

On a sort of semi-off topic but still about the V22 note, has anyone read the article about the V22 in TIME magazine October 8, 2007? I believe parts of the article can also be found here http://www.time.com/time/2007/osprey/.

According to the article, seems like the Osprey is in for a rough combat ride...

Yeah... sadly I read it.

We beat the hell out of it over here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=18722

Ask the media what the control in an airliner is and they will say steering wheel. Its steering yoke.

I hear you. I'm telling people it's not my joystick, it's my flight stick! :crazy::haha:

FastCargo

Both the media and the military are slanted to one side or the other. Take everything with a grain of salt.

Both the media and the military are slanted to one side or the other. Take everything with a grain of salt.

Except for the fact that I have first hand knowledge of people and events that TIME and it's ilk talk about...and get wrong.

FastCargo

zur, do you have this on soft release?

i hope you do, like the talon.

"Yes"... :biggrin:

I always do a beta release with a placeholder cockpit. This way I can get community feedback (both postive and negative) while working on the cockpit. Ths way, when I release the final product most if not all the issues have been adressed.

Stay tuned...

:wink:

Visit My Website: Zur-TECH.com

Edited by Zurawski