also, updated howling1s Su-7BMK to full post-pacth levl, and added the Fitter pit by boopidoo (?) It's MUCH better now!!

Ground objects are going to be interesting, as they will need 'nationalization' for probably both india and pakistan -- which is just a few simple ini edits...but finding what year which Sherman variant was used is gonna be a job of work!!

For the seahawk 101 (with the Ekco radar pod), how do you all feel about using the F-86D pit to 'stand-in'??? Since it's radar

equipped and all

As for the Indian Fitter, you can use some of the new skins I did which are available in Indian Skins section here at CA.

Yeah, the Mk.101 can use F-86D pit. but the Mk.100s & 101s were ex-German Navy airframes acquired after the 1965 war.

also, is there more information about early 50s PAF stuff??

I will look into my copy of "Fiza'ya : Psyche of the Pakistan AF". Need anything specific?

btw, the B-24J is by Pasko

wrench

kevin stein

corrected

Wow, you guys have really taken off with this! I could not be happier...well, I'll be happier when we have an accurate Mig-21FL and ghostrider's skins on it! Hope to finish the 3D stuff tonight on it, and map it tomorrow. Would like to see it converted into a Mig-21MF and later versions eventually.

Thanks again for all the interest and hard work that everyone put into this. I knew that something good would come from pulling some interested and talented folks into this project.

Mike D.

May be a dedicated Indo-Pak weapons pack? The F-6 pylons were there in Buny's pack as well.

I'm working on that, too....and making veeeeerrrrrrrrryyyyyy slow progress.

What I'm thinking, and trying to do, is use more 'stock' items and some TMF items, and as few of the old stuff as possible. Since India is aligned as ENEMY (sorry Sandesh! :biggrin: ), maybe going to more Soviet weapons, exported, than trying to update and create the folder for the HAL builds. I'm still experimentating with this, as I keep getting a "missileobject.dll" ctd after importing the HAL built weapons. This may simply be caused by NOT having the lods, bmps and inis in the game install.

There is just a butt-load of these HALs to add...so it's slow going....

I'm also thinking a dedicated Indo-Pak install; it will greatly simplify things (this is what I did yesturday -- it's amazing how fast a striped down game loads!! My all-is-everything install takes soo long to start, the screen saver comes up!!! :haha: )

Also need to figure out why my city tod buildings are not showing....oh, and I moved Karachi city over to the coast where it belongs. I'll try to have a 'basic' map for you guys by the weekend, replacing what Big D sent us (some retiling, and etc)

wrench

kevin stein

Will this be SFP1 compatible ? Or will it require WOE like the DS mod ? Some of us (i.e me :biggrin: ) have had no luck finding WOE or WOI in stores, PLUS being recently laid off I.T dude means a no, no on using credit cards for online purchase :sad:

I feel for ya, Brother Atreides! Feburary marked 2 years I been unemployed, too.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, the terrain will be usable in ANY version (excepting I can't test in SF2, as I ain't got it --may need a volenteer for that). Like all terrain mods I do, I test with all the Original Three Terrain Cats ™. Aircraft should be no problem, as they're either 3rd Party (like the Marut, Gnat, Sea Harrier Mk.51, the SeaHawks) or use stock lods (FitterA and all the Fishbeds, F-6/Mig19)

Some ground objects (vehicles) will probably have to be aftermarket - don't we have a 3rd Party T-72?? M4 and M50/51 shermans, there's some Chinese tanks readily available, Centurion, etc. Some ships, maybe -- I'd love to have the container ship docked at Karachi harbor, but nobody can get ahold of Kesselbrut, who did it for the falklands mod (and I need it for the Central America map, too).

Indian navy ships, we're missing Vikrant; Hinch has some frigates/DDs in the downloads section .. SAMs and AAA are no problem. Mabye we can mod Albion back into Vikrant????

-------

anyway, here's some promised screenies....

Paki F-6 departs Sam Ungli (which needs repositioning a little further east) Using my 1024 "medium rez skin), and the original decals by ghostrider883

IAF Type 96 -- using the "wp,soviet' attachments -- no problems so far with the weapons I've been adding!!

as a stand-alone WepPak, it give much more latitude in "adjustments" as to who gets what!

Wrench

kevin stein

I feel for ya, Brother Atreides! Feburary marked 2 years I been unemployed, too.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, the terrain will be usable in ANY version (excepting I can't test in SF2, as I ain't got it --may need a volenteer for that). Like all terrain mods I do, I test with all the Original Three Terrain Cats . Aircraft should be no problem, as they're either 3rd Party (like the Marut, Gnat, Sea Harrier Mk.51, the SeaHawks) or use stock lods (FitterA and all the Fishbeds, F-6/Mig19)

Some ground objects (vehicles) will probably have to be aftermarket - don't we have a 3rd Party T-72?? M4 and M50/51 shermans, there's some Chinese tanks readily available, Centurion, etc. Some ships, maybe -- I'd love to have the container ship docked at Karachi harbor, but nobody can get ahold of Kesselbrut, who did it for the falklands mod (and I need it for the Central America map, too).

Indian navy ships, we're missing Vikrant; Hinch has some frigates/DDs in the downloads section .. SAMs and AAA are no problem. Mabye we can mod Albion back into Vikrant????

-------

anyway, here's some promised screenies....

Paki F-6 departs Sam Ungli (which needs repositioning a little further east) Using my 1024 "medium rez skin), and the original decals by ghostrider883

IAF Type 96 -- using the "wp,soviet' attachments -- no problems so far with the weapons I've been adding!!

as a stand-alone WepPak, it give much more latitude in "adjustments" as to who gets what!

Wrench

kevin stein

Good work Wrench thanks for all the help for the ships on the harbor try a cargo ship aded via types and targets inis like static tanks or AAA Bluindings the probleme whill that its whill remain static gepard di it in the midway terrain whit the carrirers

hope that i help if sorry for medling. :sorry:

Cocas

Believe me brother, when it comes to targetization of a terrain (and theres soooo examples to choose from), you're talking to the expert!! :good:

Which reminds me....

do we want signs to the go with the flags??? :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

I'm working on that, too....and making veeeeerrrrrrrrryyyyyy slow progress.

What I'm thinking, and trying to do, is use more 'stock' items and some TMF items, and as few of the old stuff as possible.

There is just a butt-load of these HALs to add...so it's slow going....

There would be a few British & French weapons that would go in the weps pack too. For e.g, 60-lb rockets for the Hunter/Mystere. SNEB rocket pods for Canberra/Hunter/Mystere. There are other weapons as well. Want me to make a list of weapons India had/has in its inventory? Pakistani weapons, I can find out looking into books.

Also need to figure out why my city tod buildings are not showing....oh, and I moved Karachi city over to the coast where it belongs. I'll try to have a 'basic' map for you guys by the weekend, replacing what Big D sent us (some retiling, and etc)

wrench

kevin stein

Would it be possible to add new towns/cities later? There are some important towns where major battles took place - Longewala, Assal Uttar comes immediately to mind......would setup superb Close air support missions.

I'd love to have the container ship docked at Karachi harbor, but nobody can get ahold of Kesselbrut, who did it for the falklands mod (and I need it for the Central America map, too).

Indian navy ships, we're missing Vikrant; Hinch has some frigates/DDs in the downloads section .. SAMs and AAA are no problem. May be we can mod Albion back into Vikrant????

Yeah, docked ships at harbours would be fun. Who did the Vikrant mod out of Albion? Gramps, was it?

Which reminds me....

do we want signs to the go with the flags??? :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

What signs :smile: ?

In your screenie, the F-6 carries a rocket pod in the inner most pylon. Pakistani F-6As did not have that weapon station at all. It only had a sidewinder station & fuel tank station on each wing. WHen the F-6A's were sent for CAS, they used its cannons only for blasting tanks.

AW72.jpg

Edited by ghostrider883

Yeah, docked ships at harbours would be fun. Who did the Vikrant mod out of Albion? Gramps, was it?

Are you referring to the awesome harbour night attack the the IAF Canberra's carried out, now that would be frigging awesome.

In your screenie, the F-6 carries a rocket pod in the inner most pylon. Pakistani F-6As did not have that weapon station at all. It only had a sidewinder station & fuel tank station on each wing. WHen the F-6A's were sent for CAS, they used its cannons only for blasting tanks.

I own one of the older classic book which I found in a book store still wrapped in plastic collecting dust :ok: "Modern Military Aircraft" books by the Legendary Bill Gunston (back when the SU-7 was still being used and the F-15 A was the cutting edge) in it he mentions that the MIG-19 or the F-6 guns had twice the kinetic punch of their western european counterparts of the same calibre specifically the Aden and DEFA. Wonder if that is somewhat acuratelly represented in the TW MIG-19's ?

Edited by Atreides

Are you referring to the awesome harbour night attack the the IAF Canberra's carried out, now that would be frigging awesome.

Yes :good:

Canberra01.jpg

"And they flew in the still of darkness Very very low.

A pilot and navigator were somewhere ahead of them,

Just two minutes ahead.

Another couple was somewhere behind them,

Just two minutes behind.

Surprisingly, they were trained to see

In the pitch darkness.

Their minds were preoccupied with a single aim,

To be at the right place at the right time."

I own one of the older classic book which I found in a book store still wrapped in plastic collecting dust :ok: "Modern Military Aircraft" books by the Legendary Bill Gunston (back when the SU-7 was still being used and the F-15 A was the cutting edge) in it he mentions that the MIG-19 or the F-6 guns had twice the kinetic punch of their western european counterparts of the same calibre specifically the Aden and DEFA. Wonder if that is somewhat acuratelly represented in the TW MIG-19's ?

Try flying Crab_02's F-6 in a CAS mission,try firing your cannons at tanks....you'll know :biggrin:

Edited by ghostrider883

If its mapped the same as TMFs, you can ask bpao if they'll shoot you the templates. Or (and this is much more work), if the mapping stays the same, generate 'home-made' templates off the original skin. I've done this LOTs of times.

I still need to do up a bunch more tiles; I've got (almost) all the sea sea/land transition tiles converted/edited/adjusted so the water effects are working. I missed a few, and it looks funny....Repositioned some airfields last night, so they're in the center of the cleared zones. I still need to look at the cities themselves; there are no TOD with buildings, trees, etc. Some of these lower slopes would be covered with forests, at least in a few pictures I saw yesturday in researching Indaian army mechs.

The MOUNTAINS!!!! are just spectacular!!!!!

wrench

kevin stein

kevin-If you need the Photoshop layered files for any transition tiles, let me know, I'm fairly certain I have those saved. They may be useful.

Did everyone get the password for the new forum that needs it? Didn't mean to leave anyone out that is a part of all of this!

Thanks to Dave, Kevin, Fates and anyone else that went out of their way to help provide a special space for us.

Thanks,

Mike

And with that, ladies and getilemen, I'm going to un-sticky this and let it drift away....so all you in the General Populace ™ can be utterly amazed, astounded and awed when the finished project is released (whenever that is :haha: )

Wrench

kevin stein

BUT...By all means, if anyone has something to contribute, please PM me! All contributions always welcome - this is NOT an exclusive club here!

Thanks everyone.

Mike D.

Chuck Yeager advised the Pakistan Air Force during the 1971 airwar

Well I learn't something new whilst reading up on the 1971 Pakistan / India airwar, it appears that Chuck Yeager was an air force attache and advisor to the Pakistan air force during the period of 1971 airwar and even interviewed and interrogated downed indian pilots. For details of his involvement read his own words in the link below:

http://babriet.tripod.com/articles/art_yeager.htm

Lazboy

Lazboy

Yes that Yeager did and to show their gratitude towards Yeager the IAF blew the crap out of his "Personal aircraft" in an attack on a PAF airbase. Yeager was mighty upset.

Yes :good:

Hey isn't that drawing a bit off from the looks of it, appears that the Canberras were carrying belly munted GP's :dntknw:

Edited by Atreides

That's because they did.

wrench

kevin stein

Hey isn't that drawing a bit off from the looks of it, appears that the Canberras were carrying belly munted GP's :dntknw:

The B(I)58 could carry a 4-cannon gun pack in the belly. WHen this GP was mounted,its bomb-bay could not be used.

DSC00471.jpg

Well I learn't something new whilst reading up on the 1971 Pakistan / India airwar, it appears that Chuck Yeager was an air force attache and advisor to the Pakistan air force during the period of 1971 airwar and even interviewed and interrogated downed indian pilots. For details of his involvement read his own words in the link below:

http://babriet.tripod.com/articles/art_yeager.htm

Lazboy

Yeah, B/G Yeager was in Pakistan during the 1971 war. His Beechcraft was destroyed by an IAF Hunter during an air raid. He believed it was deliberately targetted by Indian fighters to give uncle Sam "a bloody nose".

HE used to interrogate captured Indian pilots. During one such interrogation of a downed IAF SU-7 pilot, Yeager asked the pilot how could Indian Su-7s keep on hitting targets deep inside Pakistan with unerring accuracy time and again. Were they being guided by an AWACS(they widely believed that a Tu-126 was guiding IAF fighters onto targets) or did they carry some advanced navigation equipment. That Indian pilot kept in replying that they carried nothing except a compass & a timer for navigation. Both sides got irritated at this question & answer session and finally the Indian pilot replied " The only other thing that we carry besides a compass & a timer are a pair Mark II eyeballs installed in an Indian skull"

The B(I)58 could carry a 4-cannon gun pack in the belly. WHen this GP was mounted,its bomb-bay could not be used.

whit 2000 rounds of 20 mm ammo :yahoo:

Edited by cocas

Yeah, B/G Yeager was in Pakistan during the 1971 war. His Beechcraft was destroyed by an IAF Hunter during an air raid. He believed it was deliberately targetted by Indian fighters to give uncle Sam "a bloody nose".

HE used to interrogate captured Indian pilots. During one such interrogation of a downed IAF SU-7 pilot, Yeager asked the pilot how could Indian Su-7s keep on hitting targets deep inside Pakistan with unerring accuracy time and again. Were they being guided by an AWACS(they widely believed that a Tu-126 was guiding IAF fighters onto targets) or did they carry some advanced navigation equipment. That Indian pilot kept in replying that they carried nothing except a compass & a timer for navigation. Both sides got irritated at this question & answer session and finally the Indian pilot replied " The only other thing that we carry besides a compass & a timer are a pair Mark II eyeballs installed in an Indian skull"

Interesting Read:

How I crossed swords with Chuck Yeager

DSC00471.jpg

That is awesome.