What about MiG-23ms version? This MiG have old avionics and weapon systems from MiG-21. Have this version radar display or all cockpit adapted from 21'???

For the fuel tank -I found in latest weaponspack 800litres tank but is little too big, its called "tank800_mig21.lod"

ps. Sorry for poor english :blush2:

Edited by ArturR

What about MiG-23ms version? This MiG have old avionics and weapon systems from MiG-21. Have this version radar display or all cockpit adapted from 21'???

For the fuel tank -I found in latest weaponspack 800litres tank but is little too big, its called "tank800_mig21.lod"

ps. Sorry for poor english :blush2:

I know nothing about MS cocpit. But it is not problem use Mig-21MF cocpit for MS version, of course. And MS is in download section.

FT: I saw your screenshot 800L fueltank. There is not similar model (closer to real) in weaponpack?

EDIT: I tried Mig-23MS from download section this version use Mig-21MF pit :yes:

Edited by kukulino

I know nothing about MS cocpit. But it is not problem use Mig-21MF cocpit for MS version, of course. And MS is in download section.

FT: I saw your screenshot 800L fueltank. There is not similar model (closer to real) in weaponpack?

EDIT: I tried Mig-23MS from download section this version use Mig-21MF pit :yes:

me too, they are very similar, the 23MF and 21MF cockpit

:biggrin:

FS2004 MiG-23MF Cockpit mig_panel.jpg

Edited by Silverbolt

well...

that is NOT a MiG-23MF pit ....

wtf?

the google is the only mistake !XDD

EDIT:not guilty, Mistake

Edited by Silverbolt

I wonder how one gets over there to see them...we're going be in Vegas over the Thanksgiving holiday. I always try to get to Nellis to see the Thunderbirds facility...always something cool going on. Tours on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Plus that superb Ferris mural in the conference room

Wrench

kevin stein

Oh I don't know about that Crusader, I think you should ask Moonjumper about a statement like that.

LOL :rofl:

ME/MS has classic display, and radar is basically like on late MiG-21 series (Sapphire-21).

M/MF have Sapphire-23D and classic display (with classic, reflector sight).

ML/MLD/MLA... have HUD-only display, but that is rather the reflected classic display onto HUD, with relative and not true "on target" positioning.

Dunno about IR modes, I had some problems reading Russian forums from my wireless GSM card. I will type the search in cyrilic, so I shall see what will come out ;)

ME/MS has classic display, and radar is basically like on late MiG-21 series (Sapphire-21).

M/MF have Sapphire-23D and classic display (with classic, reflector sight).

ML/MLD/MLA... have HUD-only display, but that is rather the reflected classic display onto HUD, with relative and not true "on target" positioning.

Dunno about IR modes, I had some problems reading Russian forums from my wireless GSM card. I will type the search in cyrilic, so I shall see what will come out ;)

Hi nele! Thanx for interest. We need Flogger expert :yes: :biggrin:

This means:

1. ME/MS has classic display, and radar is basically like on late MiG-21 series (Sapphire-21) ----- we can enjoy Mig-21MF pit

2. M/MF have Sapphire-23D and classic display (with classic, reflector sight) ----- we can enjoy Mig-21MF pit with MiG-23MF_AVIONICS and radar screen (comes with aircraft pack)

3. ML/MLD/MLA... have HUD-only display, but that is rather the reflected classic display onto HUD, with relative and not true "on target" positioning ---- but I am not sure what this means. My english is not adequate. (Su-17 pit with...) Or we can wait for Amokfloos new Mig-21UM (UM is without radar display, but I do not know, which pit is Amokfloo using)

It is very recomended to use your Flogger series FMs, of course.

Am I right with firs two cocpit notes?

Mig-21UM photos (From Military museum Piešťany)

P1010293.jpg

P1010296.jpg

P1010297.jpg

Edited by kukulino

I tried to implement a HUD on Magos MiG-21MF cockpit for my MiG-23MK carrierborne Fighter. I copied all lines from A-10 cockpit into the cockpit files, but i had no success. I had seen never a little bit of HUD markings.

I tried to implement a HUD on Magos MiG-21MF cockpit for my MiG-23MK carrierborne Fighter. I copied all lines from A-10 cockpit into the cockpit files, but i had no success. I had seen never a little bit of HUD markings.

Did you edit the "Avionics60.dll" statement in the MiG-23MK.ini so it reads "Avionics70.dll", instead?

That's what I had to do for the ASA-M Starfighter...switch up to the later avioncs dll. After that, it worked great!

Think I did that on one of the late-Fishbed Skyhawk pit mods too; have to look around and see if I can find it, buried amongst all the crap and clutter...(wait, didn't Gerald14 do this in his bis Pak??)

Wrench

kevin stein

2. M/MF have Sapphire-23D and classic display (with classic, reflector sight) ----- we can enjoy Mig-21MF pit with MiG-23MF_AVIONICS and radar screen (comes with aircraft pack)

MiG-23 M/MF does'nt have classic radar display, all information about targeting was displayed on hud! Well its not real hud, there is no information about our speed, high, angle etc...

Edited by ArturR

Does anyone know of photos of MiG-23M cockpit?? I have photos of these versions: MS, MF, ML, MLD & BN, but have never seen anything of the M version :search:

Cockpit of that MiG-23 is the same as on the MiG-21MF :smile:

EDIT:

Also something is strange about that, on that page it says MiG-23S Flogger-B

MiG-23S acorrding to wikipedia really had same radar and avionics system as MiG-21MF/bis, but MiG23S was "Flogger-A" while "M" and "MF" were Flogger-B

MiG-23M which was the first pmass produced version had an updated radar and other avionics, so it must had been different than the "S" :dntknw:

Edited by Brain32

Cockpit of that MiG-23 is the same as on the MiG-21MF :smile:

Looks like Mig-21MF cocpit and this is goood!!! :biggrin:

THANX Paladrian for question.

THANX Fubar for link.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Edited by kukulino

Kukulino I found this Czeh forum but I don't know what they are saying except that it's about MiG-23(and general aviation it seems): http://forum.valka.cz/viewtopic.php/t/22203

There are general info about Mig-23M version. M is first usefull fighter version. It is based on S version. Engine is better Tumanskij R-29-300. Engine section, tail section and air brakes are reconstructed. On wings are characteristic "dog teeth".

This version is equiped with new radar Sapfir S-23 (70km range in search mode, with partial lookdown/shootdown capacity). M version can load R-23R and T missiles, and R-3S and R-13M missiles too. M version can load B8M RP with S-8 rockets.

Mig-23M served in SSSR squadrons only, export version -- Mig-23MS

These info (from your link) you can find everywhere on internet in general (in english) :yes:

forum.valka.cz is my little knowledge base for Mig versions. You can find detailed info about migs (which served in ČSSR) corected by pilots and machanics (knowable ser nums for Mig-21F/PF/PFM/R/MA/MF served in Czechoslovak AF, for example). But it is in czech language, of course.

AND I am using your VietnamSEA Tile Repaint v1.0 and it is VEERYYY GOOOD mod. My feelings in cocpits in WOV are much better :clapping::biggrin::good:

Edited by kukulino

To Kukulino- with "on target" I meant that the HUD symbol overlaps true aircraft. MiG-23ML has only a projection of (removed) radar display onto HUD in BVR mode.

M ad MF are very similar, mainly different IFF.

Artur-M/MF/MS/ME all have "classical" cockpits, with CRT tubes only the radar is different (and engine in some ME/MS). That is, similar to MiG-21BIS.

It is easy to mistake reflector-sight with servoed display for a HUD.

I have a short video of firing Gsh-23 from "M" with classical sight clearly visible. I have instructions for the twin-seater displaying the same thing (same sight).

ML/MLD/P/MLA have HUD only display. Some modes are similar to those on MiG-29-12A/B, without "Shlem" IR seeker head-slave.

Wikipedia has many inaccuracies regarding ex-soviet airplanes. Check http://www.airwar.ru/enc/fighter/mig23m.html and use some online-translator. That is MiG-23M page at the largest Russian airplane encyclopedia online.

To Kukulino- with "on target" I meant that the HUD symbol overlaps true aircraft. MiG-23ML has only a projection of (removed) radar display onto HUD in BVR mode.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH nele. I understand now :yes:

But we are in the situation that we haven't got created adeguate radar display needed for Mig-23ML HUD, I think. And we are missing pit like Mig-21MF without radar.

Edited by kukulino